PDA

View Full Version : Fred 'Action' Jackson to start on sunday?

The Answer
11-28-2007, 11:54 AM
Let's hope the A-Train is out of commission for good.......

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/216669.html

Bills: Jackson in running to start

<!-- Begin /PubSys/Common/Decisions/if_byline_and_copyright_or_creditline.comp -->By Bucky Gleason NEWS SPORTS REPORTER <!-- Begin /PubSys/Common/Decisions/if_copyright_with_dash.comp --><!-- Begin /PubSys/Common/Decisions/if_creditline_with_dash.comp --><!-- End /PubSys/Common/Decisions/if_creditline_with_dash.comp --><!-- End /PubSys/Common/Decisions/if_copyright_with_dash.comp --><!-- End /PubSys/Common/Decisions/if_byline_and_copyright_or_creditline.comp -->
Updated: 11/28/07 9:03 AM

Two years ago, Fred Jackson was working as a part-time youth counselor and living in his mother-in-law’s basement. Five weeks ago, he earned an official place in NFL history books even though he accomplished nothing, defined as having one carry for 1 yard and one catch for minus-1 yard.

And four days from now, the 26- year-old rookie could be an NFL starter. The Buffalo Bills will likely turn toward Jackson if Marshawn Lynch and Anthony Thomas, both hobbled by leg injuries, are unable to play against the Washington Redskins.

On Tuesday, Jackson was still trying to digest his performance Sunday, when he had five carries for 18 yards and five catches for 47 yards in the 36-14 loss to the Jacksonville Jaguars. Most of his production came during garbage time, but it was the first time he was given extensive action. He had four carries and three catches going into the game...........

~The Answer

justasportsfan
11-28-2007, 11:56 AM
I actually liked the way he played.

OpIv37
11-28-2007, 11:59 AM
Wow, Wright really has taken a nosedive since that fumble by NE. And I really don't think that was his fault as much as it was a great play by the defender and a lucky bounce- he had the ball in his outside arm and it looked well secured.

raphael120
11-28-2007, 12:01 PM
Edwards AND Greer looked good in preseason and both are doing pretty well in regular season.

Why not Jackson too? I think he played great, and he was our 3rd QB at a point, so maybe he can throw the ball on some trick plays?

Mahdi
11-28-2007, 12:01 PM
I actually think he will have over 100 total yards.

The Answer
11-28-2007, 12:03 PM
I actually liked the way he played.

He was a stud in preseason especially when Edwards was behind center - it will be interesting to see if that can be rekindled this weekend and the two of them can make some big plays together. The kid is definitely a better weapon than the A-Train.

~The Answer

Mahdi
11-28-2007, 12:05 PM
Let's hope the A-Train is out of commission for good.......

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/216669.html

Bills: Jackson in running to start

<!-- Begin /PubSys/Common/Decisions/if_byline_and_copyright_or_creditline.comp -->By Bucky Gleason NEWS SPORTS REPORTER <!-- Begin /PubSys/Common/Decisions/if_copyright_with_dash.comp --><!-- Begin /PubSys/Common/Decisions/if_creditline_with_dash.comp --><!-- End /PubSys/Common/Decisions/if_creditline_with_dash.comp --><!-- End /PubSys/Common/Decisions/if_copyright_with_dash.comp --><!-- End /PubSys/Common/Decisions/if_byline_and_copyright_or_creditline.comp -->
Updated: 11/28/07 9:03 AM

Two years ago, Fred Jackson was working as a part-time youth counselor and living in his mother-in-law’s basement. Five weeks ago, he earned an official place in NFL history books even though he accomplished nothing, defined as having one carry for 1 yard and one catch for minus-1 yard.

And four days from now, the 26- year-old rookie could be an NFL starter. The Buffalo Bills will likely turn toward Jackson if Marshawn Lynch and Anthony Thomas, both hobbled by leg injuries, are unable to play against the Washington Redskins.

On Tuesday, Jackson was still trying to digest his performance Sunday, when he had five carries for 18 yards and five catches for 47 yards in the 36-14 loss to the Jacksonville Jaguars. Most of his production came during garbage time, but it was the first time he was given extensive action. He had four carries and three catches going into the game...........

~The Answer
He looks real nervous in that pic though.....

justasportsfan
11-28-2007, 12:07 PM
He looks real nervous in that pic though.....
you would be too if the DC that's gameplanning against you has manboobs.

HHURRICANE
11-28-2007, 12:09 PM
It is quicly appearing that Wright will be the Gates on this years draft.

Honestly, Wright has looked like crap.

The Answer
11-28-2007, 12:13 PM
It is quicly appearing that Wright will be the Gates on this years draft.

Honestly, Wright has looked like crap.

Agreed - Wright was a wasted pick, especially since we already had A-Train, Jackson and Scobey. Plus we had already taken Lynch with the 1st pick.

We should have taken a WR, DE, TE, or LB with this pick.

~The Answer

dannyek71
11-28-2007, 12:22 PM
I never saw much in wright that was that great. I am not sure why people were so high on him.

bigbub2352
11-28-2007, 12:30 PM
I dont understand what the deal is with Wright, he plays hard and i dont understand why he isnt gettin playing time, makes no sense at all unless he is dumb or too slow, not sure, but he really didnt get much playing time in preseaon too, that was a stupid pick then, and they should have taken a WR or TE

TigerJ
11-28-2007, 12:41 PM
I don't know if the Bills have written Wright off at this point, but clearly Wright doesn't have the extra gear that a good running back needs. I think he can never be much more than a good back-up. Jackson on the other hand does seem to have some wheels. I hope he does well Sunday, but more than that, I hope Lynch gets healthy for the following game.

Night Train
11-28-2007, 12:50 PM
With Capt. Checkdown back under center, I wouldn't be surprised if he caught 8-10 swing passes, which may prove effective.

justasportsfan
11-28-2007, 12:52 PM
Action Jackson :ill:

DraftBoy
11-28-2007, 12:52 PM
Fred The Man Jackson

Im excited to see him play on Sunday now!!

justasportsfan
11-28-2007, 12:53 PM
With Capt. Checkdown.

Hopefully that changes.

DraftBoy
11-28-2007, 12:54 PM
Action Jackson :ill:

The nickname is The Man!!!! Not Action Jackson!!

justasportsfan
11-28-2007, 12:54 PM
The nickname is The Man!!!! Not Action Jackson!!

Be happy I didn't call him Whacko Jacko.

madness
11-28-2007, 12:56 PM
With Capt. Checkdown back under center, I wouldn't be surprised if he caught 8-10 swing passes, which may prove effective.

JP gets the start again?

madness
11-28-2007, 01:01 PM
Wow, Wright really has taken a nosedive since that fumble by NE. And I really don't think that was his fault as much as it was a great play by the defender and a lucky bounce- he had the ball in his outside arm and it looked well secured.

The staff hasn't given up on him but apparently he's one of our rookies that's still playing like a rookie. From what I've read here and there... he's still adapting to the speed of the NFL and has to really improve on his blocking and picking up blitzes. That's pretty much limiting his chances of getting on the field.

Mahdi
11-28-2007, 01:38 PM
I dont understand what the deal is with Wright, he plays hard and i dont understand why he isnt gettin playing time, makes no sense at all unless he is dumb or too slow, not sure, but he really didnt get much playing time in preseaon too, that was a stupid pick then, and they should have taken a WR or TE
I think Wrights problem is his first 5 steps. He doesnt have a flow from what I can see and it affects his burst at the LOS.

Night Train
11-28-2007, 01:53 PM
JP gets the start again?

Capt. Checkdown, Not Major Nerves.

madness
11-28-2007, 03:13 PM
Capt. Checkdown, Not Major Nerves.

JP checked down last week more then I ever saw our rookie QB did.

The Answer
11-28-2007, 03:29 PM
JP checked down last week more then I ever saw our rookie QB did.

And he still sucked doing it.

~The Answer

trapezeus
11-28-2007, 03:30 PM
Maybe his nickname can be "Fast Freddie" and he can actually live up to the nickname, unlike others.

DraftBoy
11-28-2007, 03:36 PM
Maybe his nickname can be "Fast Freddie" and he can actually live up to the nickname, unlike others.

His nickname is and will be Fred The Man Jackson

Oaf
11-28-2007, 10:58 PM
That's what I've seen as well. Very indecisive when it comes to finding a hole and hitting it. I'll bet %70 of his carries are no gainers.

Jackson is the latest feel good story of this team after DiG, Greer, and Wilson.

Thomas actually played his heart out and honestly surprised me against the Jags, but Jackson should AT LEAST split reps with him.

justasportsfan
11-29-2007, 10:56 AM
If he runs for more than 100 will there be a rb controversy?

blackonyx89
11-29-2007, 11:03 AM
No controversy,but Jackson is an upgrade as the second back.

Pinkerton Security
11-29-2007, 11:11 AM
ya I am happy to see Jackson get reps, he has infinitely more upside than ATrain who couldnt break a 20 yard gain if his life depended on it, I could chase his ass down. And Wright just doesnt seem to grasp the speed of NFL players yet, he tries to bounce like Marshawn sometimes and hes not nearly speedy enough to do that.