PDA

View Full Version : Reed speaks

Tatonka
11-28-2007, 12:36 PM
dont know if this was posted already..

Josh Reed wasn’t too thrilled with CBS commentator Rich Gannon, who incorrectly assumed during the game Sunday that the receiver was worried about getting hit by strong safety Sam Knight while shying from a pass in the fourth quarter.

Reed made it clear that wasn’t the case. The sun was directly in his eyes, and he never saw the pass from J.P. Losman. He curled up as a reaction to not seeing the ball, not because he was in Knight’s path.

“Didn’t he play football before?” Reed said of Gannon. “I never saw the ball, never spotted it. It was right in the sun, and I was lucky it didn’t hit me in the helmet. Sam Knight said he didn’t see it, either. It looked really bad, but the guys on the sideline knew. It wasn’t like I saw it and lost it in the sun. I never saw the pass at all.”

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/216669.html

i believe him.. i have never seen him shy away from a hit before..

fasteddie
11-28-2007, 12:47 PM
Obviously Gannon never played baseball, 'cuz that's exactly the way Reed looked. Like an outfieler looking for a fly ball.

clumping platelets
11-28-2007, 12:49 PM
I agree..........you could see the shadows on the field.

Gannon is a tool

Night Train
11-28-2007, 12:53 PM
mybills already declared it a duck in 175 posts, so Reed has no excuse. :rolleyes:

TacklingDummy
11-28-2007, 12:56 PM
“Didn’t he play football before?” Reed said of Gannon. “I never saw the ball, never spotted it. It was right in the sun, and I was lucky it didn’t hit me in the helmet."

I thought the pass looked high. If that wasn't the case then Reed is a pussy. I don't buy his excuse.

HHURRICANE
11-28-2007, 01:02 PM
LTFIN FAN deserves kudos. He totally called it!!!

madness
11-28-2007, 01:03 PM
I posted it in the Josh Reed thread but it's all good. :up:

JD
11-28-2007, 01:04 PM
I knew right away that the sun was in his eyes, it was quite obvious.

justasportsfan
11-28-2007, 01:05 PM
ok. You get kudos. Congrats.

MarshawnIsDaMan
11-28-2007, 01:06 PM
Yeah, I know. It was clear, he reacted that way before the ball was by him. He pointed directly at the sun.

mchurchfie
11-28-2007, 02:04 PM
Reed is our toughest receiver, I knew there was a good reason other than just another high pass leaving out to dry.

OpIv37
11-28-2007, 02:12 PM
You have to take this kind of thing with a grain of salt.

I'm not saying Reed ducked away from the hit, but if he did, do you think he's actually going to admit it to the media? "Uh yeah, I'm a giant pussy- I saw the hit coming and I went into duck-and-cover mode." Please.

Of course he's going to say he didn't see it, regardless of whether or not it's true.

justasportsfan
11-28-2007, 02:25 PM
Of course he's going to say he didn't see it, regardless of whether or not it's true.

Didn't know you were close friends with reed.

OpIv37
11-28-2007, 02:27 PM
Didn't know you were close friends with reed.

I'm not.

I'm just saying he's not going to admit avoiding the hit.

If he truly lost the ball, he's going to say he lost the ball.
If he ducked, he's STILL going to say he lost the ball.

What people say to the media isn't evidence of anything except what they want other people to think.

RockStar36
11-28-2007, 02:28 PM
Op makes a great point.

Everyone is going to believe what they want no matter what and there is no way in hell he would come out in the media and admit to ducking from the ball. I personally don't understand it. You can't see the ball...it might hit you in the helmet....so duck? I don't know, sounds weird.

justasportsfan
11-28-2007, 02:32 PM
I'm not.

I'm just saying he's not going to admit avoiding the hit.

If he truly lost the ball, he's going to say he lost the ball.
If he ducked, he's STILL going to say he lost the ball.

What people say to the media isn't evidence of anything except what they want other people to think.

He doesn't have to lie . His teammates knew it. Even Sammy KNight knew it.

mchurchfie
11-28-2007, 02:45 PM
You have to take this kind of thing with a grain of salt.

I'm not saying Reed ducked away from the hit, but if he did, do you think he's actually going to admit it to the media? "Uh yeah, I'm a giant pussy- I saw the hit coming and I went into duck-and-cover mode." Please.

It doesn't matter. this is the first time this has ever happened with Reed. He has always been our toughest receiver over the middle and has always showed a lot of courage. The pass was high in a lot of coverage and he was definitely going to get his lunch handed to him after the catch. The guy was human for once, let's grant him a mulligan, its not like he makes a habit of it.

mybills
11-28-2007, 03:04 PM
Did any other receiver have trouble catching with the sun in their face?

OpIv37
11-28-2007, 03:12 PM
It doesn't matter. this is the first time this has ever happened with Reed. He has always been our toughest receiver over the middle and has always showed a lot of courage. The pass was high in a lot of coverage and he was definitely going to get his lunch handed to him after the catch. The guy was human for once, let's grant him a mulligan, its not like he makes a habit of it.

Fair enough.

Everyone has their opinion on this.

All I'm saying is that anyone whose opinion on this was swayed by these media comments is being naive.

justasportsfan
11-28-2007, 03:21 PM
All I'm saying is that anyone whose opinion on this was swayed by these media comments is being naive.thing is, we saw it and we agree.

JD
11-28-2007, 03:50 PM
He was mid air, why would he cover his head if he was going to get hit?? If anyone hit him it would get his lower body and he would look down or behind him, not covering his head.

But the part that doesnt make sense is where he says "I didnt even see the pass" ..then how did he know to jump? Whatever its pointless, GO BILLS!

mchurchfie
11-28-2007, 04:14 PM
He almost looked embarrassed on the sidelines so to me this tells me that he cared about it enough to be concerned about it. It was an unselfish reaction afterwards, quite the opposite of what you would have seen from a Randy Moss or TO.

Mitchy moo
11-28-2007, 04:29 PM
After further review, even he if he caught it we lost so WTF does it matter.

STAMPY
11-28-2007, 04:49 PM
mybills. you are too much. reed isn't a quitter

LtFinFan66
11-28-2007, 04:58 PM
Where were all you guys when I was protecting him sunday from a bunch of piss-poor player bashers. Me, a Fin fan of all people

LtFinFan66
11-28-2007, 05:01 PM
mybills is wrong and can't deal with it. Put her on ignore like me and at least 2 others have that I know of

G. Host
11-28-2007, 10:51 PM
Fair enough.

Everyone has their opinion on this.

All I'm saying is that anyone whose opinion on this was swayed by these media comments is being naive.

And anyone whose opinion on this was swayed by posters theories is being even more naive. At least Gannon was at the game and has played the game and not just as QB.

Some people are just honest.

LtBillsFan66
11-28-2007, 10:52 PM
Only idiots didn't know it was the sun.

LtFinFan66
11-28-2007, 11:05 PM
exactly BF1

mybills
11-29-2007, 06:53 AM
Funny how nobody answered the question...did any other receiver have trouble catching the ball that day with the sun in their face?

mybills is wrong and can't deal with it. Put her on ignore like me and at least 2 others have that I know of
Stop being such a baby about it. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion on what they think happened. :coocoo:

mchurchfie
11-29-2007, 08:13 AM
Funny how nobody answered the question...did any other receiver have trouble catching the ball that day with the sun in their face?

Stop being such a baby about it. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion on what they think happened. :coocoo:
McGee must have had the sun in his face, he never saw the ball when it came his way the whole game.:coocoo:

mybills
11-29-2007, 08:18 AM
That was low, church. Even for you.

LtFinFan66
11-29-2007, 08:29 AM
Good lord. Have you ever witnessed a sunrise or sunset. believe it or not, the sun isn't always shining at the same angle. You are seriously laughable

mybills
11-29-2007, 08:31 AM
:baby:

mchurchfie
11-29-2007, 08:42 AM
That was low, church. Even for you.
Thanxs.:snicker:

STAMPY
11-29-2007, 10:17 AM
Mybills annoys me. Face like a horse. brain like horse ****. A mug only a mother could adore

mybills
11-29-2007, 10:27 AM
Does my sig pic annoy you too, stampy? :pray:

justasportsfan
11-29-2007, 10:51 AM
He was mid air, why would he cover his head if he was going to get hit?? If anyone hit him it would get his lower body and he would look down or behind him, not covering his head.

But the part that doesnt make sense is where he says "I didnt even see the pass" ..then how did he know to jump? Whatever its pointless, GO BILLS!
Have someone throw a spiral at you with the sun in your face. I can see you dropping into fetal position.

OpIv37
11-29-2007, 02:22 PM
And anyone whose opinion on this was swayed by posters theories is being even more naive. At least Gannon was at the game and has played the game and not just as QB.

Some people are just honest.

no one is honest to the media when their reputation and potentially their career is on the line.

Meathead
11-29-2007, 02:52 PM
Mybills annoys me. Face like a horse. brain like horse ****. A mug only a mother could adore
The Following User Says NO Thank You to STAMPY For This Un-useful Post: Meathead

justasportsfan
11-29-2007, 02:53 PM
not cool.

Meathead
11-29-2007, 02:58 PM
well i thought you were joking

when you look at the sun in the sky its not like its this massive ball of light the eclipses the whole sky its one little bb of a spot. its unlikely the ball will ever be 'right in the sun' but once in a while it is and then it becomes completely invisible

when i played on a tennis team my coach used to make us practice serving when the sun was in the worst possible spot. you had to throw the ball right into the spot where the sun was. it would block the light but you still couldnt see the ball. then you hit where the blocked out spot is. but if you dont get it just right it is absolutely impossible to hit the ball, except perhaps with pure timing and then you might as well close your eyes. football players dont have the luxury of either method

justasportsfan
11-29-2007, 03:00 PM
It was the sun mybills.

justasportsfan
11-29-2007, 03:02 PM
when i played on a tennis team my coach used to make us practice serving when the sun was in the worst possible spot. you had to throw the ball right into the spot where the sun was. it would block the light but you still couldnt see the ball. then you hit where the blocked out spot is. but if you dont get it just right it is absolutely impossible to hit the ball, except perhaps with pure timing and then you might as well close your eyes. football players dont have the luxury of either method
those pingpong balls can hurt when you don't see them coming because of the sun. Outdoor pingpong is dangerous.