Redskins to play only 10 defenders in honor of Taylor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Answer
    The Plagiarist
    • Mar 2007

Redskins to play only 10 defenders in honor of Taylor?

The Answer has been lurking on the extremeskins forums and found a very interesting tidbit that's stirring up a lot of talk there, apparently in symbolic tribute of honor for Sean Taylor the skins may open on defense against the bills with only 10 players on the field.

The bigger question - would our putrid offense even benefit from this if they had one extra body? .......And if we actually did take advantage and throw the ball deep would we be labeled as scum of the earth????

And the new hotness is...Quickish!

RIP Sean Taylor, Cont'd: The story remains the top of sports-fans' minds, with very little sense to be made of it all. I'll stick to one superficial thing:

There is rumor that the Redskins will open on defense against the Bills with only 10 players, as a tribute to Taylor. That seems like as nice and fitting a moment as an NFL team can create on the field.

~The Answer
  • Gunzlingr
    • Jul 2002

Re: Redskins to play only 10 defenders in honor of Taylor?

That is ******ed.
    You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

If they do it, I hope Buffalo either takes a knee, or calls a Timeout
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
        • May 2003

We would probably have 12 men on offense and negate the advantage with another mindless penalty.
        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
          • Jul 2002

We should do a flea flicker. I would laugh my ass off!

Comment

• MarshawnIsDaMan
            • Nov 2007

I remembered USC did it with their kicker. They scored a TD and didn't send a kicker out there for the PAT right away. They took the 5 yard penalty and then kicked it right after. It didn't hurt them at all. I think they could use a better way to honor him. 10 players defending 11 players could result in a huge play. The question is... If the Redskins do do that, should Buffalo run a very simple, vanilla play like a FB run up the middle?
            The Bills havent made the playoffs since I graduated high school. Lets please make it before Im 30.

This is the next superstar RB

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

We should go deep on the first play to Evans.... hold that thought
              sacrifice1
              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Coach Sal
                • Aug 2006

There is rumor that the Redskins will open on defense against the Bills with only 10 players, as a tribute to Taylor. That seems like as nice and fitting a moment as an NFL team can create on the field.
                No it doesn't. That's a horrible tribute, if they actually play the live play with only 10 guys!

It may sound nice, but it would completely backfire into their faces if the Bills actually did score on the play. Talk about adding insult to injury to Taylor's memory of that acyually happened (Bills score on Skins 10 players).

I know there is no blueprint on what to do here as far as the Skins. It's a tough spot, and everyone is trying to do the right thing.

But while searching for the right thing, they have to be careful not to do the wrong thing, either.

And I also agree that their organization would be putting the Bills in a very tough situation by making it known they were going to use only 10 and then actually doing it. The Bills have no obligation not to try and score and win this game.
                Click to listen:

Buffalo Bills Now! and NFL Now! podcasts
                And every Saturday at 11am on WGR

"A good name is more desirable than great riches, and high esteem is better than silver and gold."

Class Character Commitment Consistency Courage

Comment

• MarshawnIsDaMan
                  • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                  We would probably have 12 men on offense and negate the advantage with another mindless penalty.
                  The Bills havent made the playoffs since I graduated high school. Lets please make it before Im 30.

This is the next superstar RB

Comment

• The Answer
                    The Plagiarist
                    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by MarshawnIsDaMan
                    I remembered USC did it with their kicker. They scored a TD and didn't send a kicker out there for the PAT right away. They took the 5 yard penalty and then kicked it right after. It didn't hurt them at all. I think they could use a better way to honor him. 10 players defending 11 players could result in a huge play. The question is... If the Redskins do do that, should Buffalo run a very simple, vanilla play like a FB run up the middle?
                    Who knows what to expect out of Fairchild and his horrible gameplanning.

We'd be the laughing stock of the league if we throw the ball downfield and it's picked off by an undermanned secondary.

~The Answer

Comment

• Coach Sal
                      • Aug 2006

If they want to use only 10 players, it should be ceremonially only.

Break the huddle with 10. Line up. Have the Bills stay in their huddle. Fans stand silent for about 20 seconds. Ref re-blows whistle and starts the playclock. Skins re-huddle with 11 players. Game on.
                      Click to listen:

Buffalo Bills Now! and NFL Now! podcasts
                      And every Saturday at 11am on WGR

"A good name is more desirable than great riches, and high esteem is better than silver and gold."

Class Character Commitment Consistency Courage

Comment

• trapezeus
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Oct 2004

i imagine a levy/jauron led team would do the right thing and take a knee or at least observe their tribute. only belichick would run a play.

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                          We should do a flea flicker. I would laugh my ass off!

A fake kneel down, then throw the bomb to Evans. Follow it up with an obnoxious
                          TD celebration!

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by trapezeus
                            i imagine a levy/jauron led team would do the right thing and take a knee or at least observe their tribute. only belichick would run a play.
                            well, we are desperate for a win to keep our hopes alive.
                            sacrifice1
                            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                              • Jul 2002

We should put Losman in for that play. He'd throw it in the dirt.

Comment

Working...
                              X