PDA

View Full Version : Redskins to play only 10 defenders in honor of Taylor?

The Answer
11-28-2007, 02:36 PM
The Answer has been lurking on the extremeskins forums and found a very interesting tidbit that's stirring up a lot of talk there, apparently in symbolic tribute of honor for Sean Taylor the skins may open on defense against the bills with only 10 players on the field.

The bigger question - would our putrid offense even benefit from this if they had one extra body? .......And if we actually did take advantage and throw the ball deep would we be labeled as scum of the earth????

http://www.danshanoff.com/

RIP Sean Taylor, Cont'd: The story remains the top of sports-fans' minds, with very little sense to be made of it all. I'll stick to one superficial thing:

There is rumor that the Redskins will open on defense against the Bills with only 10 players, as a tribute to <?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = ST1 /><ST1:CITY st="on"><ST1:PLACE st="on">Taylor</ST1:PLACE></ST1:CITY>. That seems like as nice and fitting a moment as an NFL team can create on the field.

~The Answer

Gunzlingr
11-28-2007, 02:37 PM
That is ******ed.

DraftBoy
11-28-2007, 02:40 PM
If they do it, I hope Buffalo either takes a knee, or calls a Timeout

Jan Reimers
11-28-2007, 02:40 PM
We would probably have 12 men on offense and negate the advantage with another mindless penalty.

THATHURMANATOR
11-28-2007, 02:42 PM
We should do a flea flicker. I would laugh my ass off!

MarshawnIsDaMan
11-28-2007, 02:46 PM
I remembered USC did it with their kicker. They scored a TD and didn't send a kicker out there for the PAT right away. They took the 5 yard penalty and then kicked it right after. It didn't hurt them at all. I think they could use a better way to honor him. 10 players defending 11 players could result in a huge play. The question is... If the Redskins do do that, should Buffalo run a very simple, vanilla play like a FB run up the middle?

justasportsfan
11-28-2007, 02:46 PM
We should go deep on the first play to Evans.... hold that thought :huh:

Coach Sal
11-28-2007, 02:47 PM
There is rumor that the Redskins will open on defense against the Bills with only 10 players, as a tribute to <?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = ST1 /><ST1:CITY st="on"><ST1:PLACE st="on">Taylor</ST1:PLACE></ST1:CITY>. That seems like as nice and fitting a moment as an NFL team can create on the field.

No it doesn't. That's a horrible tribute, if they actually play the live play with only 10 guys!

It may sound nice, but it would completely backfire into their faces if the Bills actually did score on the play. Talk about adding insult to injury to Taylor's memory of that acyually happened (Bills score on Skins 10 players).

I know there is no blueprint on what to do here as far as the Skins. It's a tough spot, and everyone is trying to do the right thing.

But while searching for the right thing, they have to be careful not to do the wrong thing, either.

And I also agree that their organization would be putting the Bills in a very tough situation by making it known they were going to use only 10 and then actually doing it. The Bills have no obligation not to try and score and win this game.

MarshawnIsDaMan
11-28-2007, 02:47 PM
We would probably have 12 men on offense and negate the advantage with another mindless penalty.
:roflmao:

The Answer
11-28-2007, 02:48 PM
I remembered USC did it with their kicker. They scored a TD and didn't send a kicker out there for the PAT right away. They took the 5 yard penalty and then kicked it right after. It didn't hurt them at all. I think they could use a better way to honor him. 10 players defending 11 players could result in a huge play. The question is... If the Redskins do do that, should Buffalo run a very simple, vanilla play like a FB run up the middle?

Who knows what to expect out of Fairchild and his horrible gameplanning.

We'd be the laughing stock of the league if we throw the ball downfield and it's picked off by an undermanned secondary.

~The Answer

Coach Sal
11-28-2007, 02:50 PM
If they want to use only 10 players, it should be ceremonially only.

Break the huddle with 10. Line up. Have the Bills stay in their huddle. Fans stand silent for about 20 seconds. Ref re-blows whistle and starts the playclock. Skins re-huddle with 11 players. Game on.

trapezeus
11-28-2007, 02:52 PM
i imagine a levy/jauron led team would do the right thing and take a knee or at least observe their tribute. only belichick would run a play.

LtBillsFan66
11-28-2007, 02:52 PM

:rofl:

A fake kneel down, then throw the bomb to Evans. Follow it up with an obnoxious
TD celebration!

justasportsfan
11-28-2007, 02:53 PM
i imagine a levy/jauron led team would do the right thing and take a knee or at least observe their tribute. only belichick would run a play.
well, we are desperate for a win to keep our hopes alive. :snicker:

LtBillsFan66
11-28-2007, 02:54 PM
We should put Losman in for that play. He'd throw it in the dirt.

justasportsfan
11-28-2007, 02:57 PM
Not if you wanted him to throw a bomb to Evans.

The Answer
11-28-2007, 03:00 PM

Or he'd fumble it and the skins would score a TD return on the opening play.

~The Answer

OpIv37
11-28-2007, 03:02 PM
I like the tribute idea, but do it some other way- have the stadium announcer introduce the defensive starters and only announce 10 guys, have the other 10 defensive starters stand in front of the rest of the team during the national anthem, etc.

I think Taylor would be livid if the team actually thought it was a good idea to honor him by giving the other team an advantage.

If they do it, I would hope the Bills would be classy and either play with 10 guys as well or just do something extremely basic like a draw play or taking a knee.

G Wolly
11-28-2007, 03:05 PM
I understand to mourn him and honor him or whatever, but just PLAY THE GAME.

Go out and win a game for him with the right number of people, then if we score on them, I'm sure they'll say something about him.

jamze132
11-28-2007, 03:07 PM
I wouldn't be suprised if the Skins did come out with 10 players the first defensive play. And I would hope that our team has enough class to take a knee. Anything else and you risk scoring (ROFL) and making us look like supreme dickheads.

acehole
11-28-2007, 03:07 PM
Ten cant hurt...do we get a healthy M Lynch back...that will also help the offense inspite of what some might think.

The Answer has been lurking on the extremeskins forums and found a very interesting tidbit that's stirring up a lot of talk there, apparently in symbolic tribute of honor for Sean Taylor the skins may open on defense against the bills with only 10 players on the field.

The bigger question - would our putrid offense even benefit from this if they had one extra body? .......And if we actually did take advantage and throw the ball deep would we be labeled as scum of the earth????

RIP Sean Taylor, Cont'd: The story remains the top of sports-fans' minds, with very little sense to be made of it all. I'll stick to one superficial thing:

~The Answer

The Answer
11-28-2007, 03:10 PM
Strangely enough seems like a lot of skins fans think it's a good idea and want to see it happen:

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224279

~The Answer

justasportsfan
11-28-2007, 03:10 PM
they only need 10 playes to stop our run anyways.

MarshawnIsDaMan
11-28-2007, 03:12 PM
I wouldn't be suprised if the Skins did come out with 10 players the first defensive play. And I would hope that our team has enough class to take a knee. Anything else and you risk scoring (ROFL) and making us look like supreme dickheads.
well, at least we would be talked about on sportscenter for the first time

MarshawnIsDaMan
11-28-2007, 03:14 PM
You know Belicheck would do it without hesitation.

mybills
11-28-2007, 03:15 PM
they only need 10 playes to stop our run anyways.
Come on..Freddy's starting, isn't he?

madness
11-28-2007, 03:27 PM
Follow it up with an obnoxious
TD celebration!

This is just plain wrong but...

**** the ball like a shotgun and fire some fake shots into the crowd!

justasportsfan
11-28-2007, 03:28 PM
Come on..Freddy's starting, isn't he?
he is but with the same OL that Lynch has.

mybills
11-28-2007, 03:33 PM
Lynch was getting more yards with them. Fred's elusive, too.

OpIv37
11-28-2007, 03:35 PM
we should take a knee because otherwise we risk giving up a sack or an INT with 10 guys on the field. Now that would make SportsCenter and make us the laughingstock of the league.

Coach Sal
11-28-2007, 03:36 PM
I can't understand why anyone thinks the Bills doing something other than taking a knee would be classless in that situation?!

Why should the Bills have to give up a play and put themselves in 2nd and 10 just because the Skins CHOOSE to honor their fallen player this way?

They could wear something on their jerseys or their helmets. They could take part in a pre-game ceremony.

But the Bills have zero obligation to put themselves at a competitive disadvantage because of this situation.

OpIv37
11-28-2007, 03:38 PM
put an extra guy 10 yards deep in the backfield and have him just stand there while the other 10 play football.

madness
11-28-2007, 03:39 PM
I can't understand why anyone thinks the Bills doing something other than taking a knee would be classless in that situation?!

Why should the Bills have to give up a play and put themselves in 2nd and 10 just because the Skins CHOOSE to honor their fallen player this way?

They could wear something on their jerseys or their helmets. They could take part in a pre-game ceremony.

But the Bills have zero obligation to put themselves at a competitive disadvantage because of this situation.

It could be worse. You could be Reed Doughty.

Pride
11-28-2007, 03:40 PM
Both teams could come out with only 10. 10 on O 10 on D for 1 play.

Or if we do put 11 on the field... have one of our WR's take a knee before the snap and stay there throughout the play.

User Manuel
11-28-2007, 03:46 PM

~The Answer

If they do it I hope we throw deep, score and Roscoe does the Fred Sanford heart attack routine.

As for Sean Taylor, i am sorry, but I am having a tough time getting worked up over this thug reaping what he sowed. I am so tired of articles praising how he was improving and a work in progress (translated: he is a thug, but a least he isn't showing his weapon to people or shooting them anymore).

Maybe this is finally the wakeup call to these NFL players who play the thug life instead of doing the right thing.

Night Train
11-28-2007, 03:47 PM
A forfeit would be more impressive.

MarshawnIsDaMan
11-28-2007, 04:04 PM
If they do it I hope we throw deep, score and Roscoe does the Fred Sanford heart attack routine.

As for Sean Taylor, i am sorry, but I am having a tough time getting worked up over this thug reaping what he sowed. I am so tired of articles praising how he was improving and a work in progress (translated: he is a thug, but a least he isn't showing his weapon to people or shooting them anymore).

Maybe this is finally the wakeup call to these NFL players who play the thug life instead of doing the right thing.
I dont know about doing the Fred Sanford dance but your right with Sean Taylor. He might have been getting better as a person but your past will always catch back up to you. Money may make a person leave the hood, but most of the times, the hood never leaves the person.

TheGhostofJimKelly
11-28-2007, 04:16 PM
Losman is so bad that he would probably throw an interception to Sean Taylor on the play.

THATHURMANATOR
11-28-2007, 04:28 PM
:rofl:

A fake kneel down, then throw the bomb to Evans. Follow it up with an obnoxious
TD celebration!
LOLOLOL

Mitchy moo
11-28-2007, 04:32 PM
Fake spike and back up to Bomb it to Roscoe!!

Dr. Lecter
11-28-2007, 04:42 PM

Amen

Send Evans and Parrish on post routes.

You play to win the game.

HHURRICANE
11-28-2007, 05:17 PM

Why should we lose a down taking a knee? Screw that.

Mitchy moo
11-28-2007, 05:20 PM
No huddle??

Philagape
11-28-2007, 06:18 PM
Just for the sake of not laughing this off as a ridiculous rumor .....

Make them pay.

Tributes that don't affect the game are sufficient. Anything that damages the integrity of the sport is the worst kind of gesture and sullies his name. It would be like the "King of the Hill" where they let the crippled kid score a touchdown.

Keep the sentiment off the field.

Typ0
11-28-2007, 06:22 PM
we defiantely should try and score on this play.

DraftBoy
11-28-2007, 06:24 PM
Sorry I cant support us doing anything other than a knee or a timeout after the Skins get their moment in tribute. In truth the NFL should have the ref take a timeout on him so that way neither team is put at a disadvantage.

Ed
11-28-2007, 06:37 PM
I have to agree with everyone that thinks this is just a bad idea. Regardless of what the Bills do, it would take time off the clock and affect strategy and play selection, all of which would have an affect on the game overall. Maybe it wouldn't make a difference in the final outcome, but you can't run a play in football and not have it alter the game in some manner.

Plus, what if the Redskins have the ball first? The tribute wouldn't even happen until after their first series was over. What if they're already up 7-0 at that point. What if we do get the ball first, but return the opening kick for a TD, or return it inside the Redskins 20? We're supposed to waste a play taking a knee in the redzone and make it harder for ourselves to win? This is just stupid.

It also puts the Bills in an unfair situation. They essentially have to waste a play putting themselves at a disadvantage or get ridiculed if they make a good play.

Honor him all you want, during the week, before the game, after the game, all season, whatever. Don't screw with the integrity of the game though. It's an insult to everyone involved.

YardRat
11-28-2007, 06:44 PM
If this is a Joe Gibbs team and they do come out with ten, I would imagine he'll have it set up with Dick ahead of time that the ball won't be snapped and either the defense will take a TO before the clock runs down or they'll refuse the five yard delay of game penalty.

Still first and ten, no harm-no foul.

One idea I've heard that I definitely don't like is Portis switching his # to 21.

Turf
11-28-2007, 07:33 PM
They should only play four defenders, then they could be named appropriately......

Mudflap1
11-28-2007, 07:43 PM
What difference does it make? The call will be A-Train over the left guard anyway for -2 yards......

Jon

im4bflo
11-28-2007, 07:54 PM
Whatever they do, we need this game.
If they do something stupid, that shouldn't have anything to do with us.
Playing only 10 for a down is stupid, there are 100's of better ways to
show respect. So play it like nothing is different.
You try to score on EVERY play! GO BILLS!

Michael82
11-28-2007, 08:35 PM
take a knee? I'm sorry, but no! This Bills team is playing to win. If you take a knee...you automatically lose a down and 1 yard. I hope the Bills just play their game.

Michael82
11-28-2007, 08:37 PM

Exactly! Good post, Sal! :bf1:

BTW, have you heard anything from WGR? I hope to hear you on the radio sometime soon. I enjoyed your two shows so far.

Michael82
11-28-2007, 08:39 PM

Don't forget that this was the same guy that laid out Brian Moorman during a fake punt in the Pro Bowl. :ill:

Michael82
11-28-2007, 08:42 PM
Just for the sake of not laughing this off as a ridiculous rumor .....

Make them pay.

Tributes that don't affect the game are sufficient. Anything that damages the integrity of the sport is the worst kind of gesture and sullies his name. It would be like the "King of the Hill" where they let the crippled kid score a touchdown.

Keep the sentiment off the field.
:rofl: That was a good episode. It was great when they carried him over the goal line so he could get the record touchdown.

Luisito23
11-28-2007, 08:42 PM
Don't forget that this was the same POS that laid out Brian Moorman during a fake punt in the Pro Bowl. :ill:

Thug or not is it really necessary to insult the dead Mikey?...

Illmatic15
11-28-2007, 10:18 PM
Great geasture, I hope the bills dnot do something stupid and throw it deep(disrespectful to Taylor). RIP Sean Taylor..

MikeInRoch
11-28-2007, 10:19 PM
Kneeling down would be moronic, like Coach said - but I would not mind only sending 10 out there on offense for that play.

Oaf
11-28-2007, 10:54 PM
Any play that did not recieve great success vs. a 10 man Defense would recieve a rediculous amount of ridicule and would likely pump the 'Skins up.

acehole
11-28-2007, 11:03 PM
we defiantely should try and score on this play.

It might be our only chance to....

Michael82
11-28-2007, 11:47 PM
Thug or not is it really necessary to insult the dead Mikey?...
sorry, but I have always disliked him. I'm sad that he was killed, but that doesn't really change my opinion on him. Anyone who needs to tackle a punter at a ****ing Pro Bowl game is pathetic IMO. I remember back when that happened, how many people here were pissed about it. They all wanted to teach him a lesson when we played the Skins this year. I know that everything changed when he died, but it still doesn't have to change our opinion of the guy just because he's not around anymore. I'm sorry for saying it though.

LtFinFan66
11-29-2007, 12:38 AM
Just have a flight of fighter aircraft give him the missing man formation and then game on!!

j/k

Doubt they would do that. Just do the normal moment of silence thing and play ball

LtFinFan66
11-29-2007, 12:47 AM
Don't forget that this was the same guy that laid out Brian Moorman during a fake punt in the Pro Bowl. :ill:Shouldn't be running a fake punt in the Probowl anyway. If Moorman was the ball carrier he is there to be hit is he not:idunno:

Michael82
11-29-2007, 01:09 AM
Shouldn't be running a fake punt in the Probowl anyway. If Moorman was the ball carrier he is there to be hit is he not:idunno:
it was Belichick's fault. He was trying to hurt our punter. :mad: Besides...you aren't supposed to tackle punters, especially when they are going to the sideline. And you also aren't really supposed to make big hard tackles in the Pro Bowl anyways. :::

Hmmm, i wonder if that is why he isn't the same thing year....:idunno:

LtFinFan66
11-29-2007, 01:36 AM
Well, blame whoever called a fake punt in the ProBowl, not the guy who made the hit.

Slim
11-29-2007, 01:37 AM
it was Belichick's fault. He was trying to hurt our punter. :mad: Besides...you aren't supposed to tackle punters, especially when they are going to the sideline. And you also aren't really supposed to make big hard tackles in the Pro Bowl anyways. :::

Hmmm, i wonder if that is why he isn't the same thing year....:idunno:

Mikey. that whole statements really irrational and hate driven.

Michael82
11-29-2007, 02:56 AM
Well, blame whoever called a fake punt in the ProBowl, not the guy who made the hit.
Okay, that just gives me more reasons to hate Bill Belichick. :up:

:mad:

LtFinFan66
11-29-2007, 04:16 AM
That works for me:up:

jamze132
11-29-2007, 06:23 AM
well, at least we would be talked about on sportscenter for the first time
And it would also show that despite the fact that we can't get respect from our play, it would show how classy we can be. Although, for about 5 seconds, it would be hilarious to chuck a bomb to Evans and then get a 15 yd penalty for celebration... They need to just take a knee.

jamze132
11-29-2007, 07:32 AM
Why should we lose a down taking a knee? Screw that.
Out of respect? Classiness?

Besides, it not like we need an extra down anyways. Instead of going three and out, we'll just go two and out. I don't see the problem.

Showing respect for what they might do isn't going to change the outcome of the game.

mybills
11-29-2007, 07:42 AM
Why don't they just do a 10 gun salute? Just don't shoot the blimp.

Typ0
11-29-2007, 07:48 AM
I guess we could turn this into a tribute of our own...we could take a knee in celebration of the end of the JP Lossman era and out of respect for him we are going to waste one last down on a futile attempt to make a statement....either that or we could just toss it 70 yards downfield and hope one of our guys comes up with it.

mybills
11-29-2007, 07:50 AM
JP's not playing..get past it.

acehole
11-29-2007, 08:04 AM
Why don't they just do a 10 gun salute? Just don't shoot the blimp.

dont think they would want gun shots.....

mybills
11-29-2007, 08:08 AM
dont think they would want gun shots.....
Thanks for catching on. :up:

mybills
11-29-2007, 08:10 AM
10 defenders on the field is dumb. Do something prior and at half time.

FlyingDutchman
11-29-2007, 08:12 AM
I agree with OP. We should just play with 10 players as well. Im still blown away by all this.

dannyek71
11-29-2007, 08:16 AM
Sad thing is, is that with 10 defenders we still couldnt score

Jan Reimers
11-29-2007, 09:44 AM
Do we really think Joe Gibbs is an idiot?

Why do we belabor every ridiculous rumor that comes along?

DraftBoy
11-29-2007, 09:46 AM
Do we really think Joe Gibbs is an idiot?

Why do we belabor every ridiculous rumor that comes along?

Because it gives us a :30 break from the QB controversy BS, or just slitting our wrists

Jan Reimers
11-29-2007, 09:48 AM
Because it gives us a :30 break from the QB controversy BS, or just slitting our wrists
Good point.

Jeff1220
11-29-2007, 11:31 AM
Given the reputations of both Gibbs and Jauron, it is not likely that this would be carried out haphazardly. Just as a couple of guys said on extremeskins and YardRat said here, the coaches can set this up ahead of time, with the officials in the know. The Skins send out 10 guys -> the Bills take delay of game -> the Skins refuse the penalty -> it's still 1st and 10 Bills.
If they want to make this sort of tribute happen, it is definitely possible to make it work and make it fair. The whole 1st play basically becomes a 35 second moment of silence.

Kenny
11-29-2007, 12:38 PM
Given the reputations of both Gibbs and Jauron, it is not likely that this would be carried out haphazardly. Just as a couple of guys said on extremeskins and YardRat said here, the coaches can set this up ahead of time, with the officials in the know. The Skins send out 10 guys -> the Bills take delay of game -> the Skins refuse the penalty -> it's still 1st and 10 Bills.
If they want to make this sort of tribute happen, it is definitely possible to make it work and make it fair. The whole 1st play basically becomes a 35 second moment of silence.

It's a nice idea, -but I dont like the idea of doing anything for the Skins once the game starts. Too many what if's?

I mean what if at the end of the half, that 30seconds costs us points?
It's one thing if we were a team that could easily put up points, -but we're not exactly a big play team. Every game we've played this season has been a matter of fighting and inching for points.

Illmatic15
11-29-2007, 07:13 PM
sorry, but I have always disliked him. I'm sad that he was killed, but that doesn't really change my opinion on him. Anyone who needs to tackle a punter at a ****ing Pro Bowl game is pathetic IMO. I remember back when that happened, how many people here were pissed about it. They all wanted to teach him a lesson when we played the Skins this year. I know that everything changed when he died, but it still doesn't have to change our opinion of the guy just because he's not around anymore. I'm sorry for saying it though.

Your acting like Moorman is a little kid, he is a football player. Taylor was a great person, he died defending his family. If you dislike him, then I dont know who you even like...

hammerbillsfan
12-02-2007, 12:26 PM
and so it happened

Johnny Bugmenot
12-02-2007, 12:29 PM
and so it happened

And the Bills still couldn't convert on it. Sad.

Illmatic15
12-02-2007, 12:32 PM
landry with the hard hit

hammerbillsfan
12-02-2007, 12:33 PM
1-10-BUF 32 (7:10) 22-F.Jackson left end pushed ob at WAS 46 for 22 yards (30-L.Landry). Redskins' defensive formation included only 10 men in honor of Sean Taylor.

22 yards, wtf more do you want?

Johnny Bugmenot
12-02-2007, 12:36 PM
1-10-BUF 32 (7:10) 22-F.Jackson left end pushed ob at WAS 46 for 22 yards (30-L.Landry). Redskins' defensive formation included only 10 men in honor of Sean Taylor.

I don't know... a scoring drive??? You know, something that actually puts points on the board?

hammerbillsfan
12-02-2007, 12:42 PM
we are talking about one ****ing play, not the whole drive :rolleyes:

Michael82
12-02-2007, 12:43 PM

Marshawn Lynch would have most likely took it all the way to the end zone. :(

Typ0
12-02-2007, 12:51 PM
I didn't like the play call. We needed to penetrate their secondary in the middle of the field.

Michael82
12-02-2007, 01:27 PM
I didn't like the play call. We needed to penetrate their secondary in the middle of the field.
Agreed. But that would have been a Belichick move.

im4bflo
12-02-2007, 06:06 PM
We were cool about it, they did their thing, and thanks for the 22yrds!

chernobylwraiths
12-02-2007, 07:01 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3138182

Redskins coach Joe Gibbs wasn't aware ahead of time that players were going to honor Taylor that way; assistant coach Gregg Williams said his defensive coaches and unit decided Saturday night to do it.

Another reason I hate that arrogant ass and glad he isn't our coach anymore. Is there any way that Miami can get him as head coach?

Typ0
12-02-2007, 07:05 PM
Agreed. But that would have been a Belichick move.

we would have controlled the whole game. Entirely different outcome.

Captain gameboy
12-02-2007, 07:10 PM

Redskins coach Joe Gibbs wasn't aware ahead of time that players were going to honor Taylor that way; assistant coach Gregg Williams said his defensive coaches and unit decided Saturday night to do it.

Another reason I hate that arrogant ass and glad he isn't our coach anymore. Is there any way that Miami can get him as head coach?

This is the most important point.
Williams did not let Gibbs know about it, and from Gibbs' pressers, I know he was very unhappy about the insubordination.

Unbelievable.

Here's a post I wrote on Nov 11, after we beat the Bengals.

" My take is that the Bills are career enders.

Tom Olividotti. Fired after Bills game.

Don Shula. Retired after Bills game.

Chad Pennington. Lost job after Bills game.

Marvin Lewis. If he is gone..."

Well.
Add another.

Gibbs is gone after this year.
He was being absolutely skewered after this.

Two HOF coaches done in after performances against the Bills.

chernobylwraiths
12-02-2007, 07:12 PM
This is the most important point.
Williams did not let Gibbs know about it, and from Gibbs' pressers, I know he was very unhappy about the insubordination.

I thought that too. How the hell do you NOT tell your superior about a plan like that.

Captain gameboy
12-02-2007, 07:19 PM
I thought that too. How the hell do you NOT tell your superior about a plan like that.

I think Williams is in serious trouble after this. I had a 2.5 hour drive home, so I listened to all the Redskin post game coverage.
He was very surprised that he didn't know about it, and I think there is trouble a-plenty in Redskin land.

As an aside, I watched our ex employee during the Redskins last possession. As you recall, they got a first down then ran three running plays for a three and out. Gregg distanced himself from the rest of the team and just chatted on his headset with the booth.
I told my wife that though it was unlikely, I would like nothing better than to drive down for a game winning field goal against him.

Michael82
12-03-2007, 12:01 AM

wow! That's unbelievable. How could Gregg Williams make a call like that, but not even inform the head coach? :shocked: That really could have burned them!

im4bflo
12-03-2007, 12:20 AM
the frikkin NFL is turning into a friggin Soap Opera.

G. Host
12-03-2007, 12:30 AM
Playing with 10 men intentionally is almost as dumb as hiring a family friend with no special teams experience as special teams coach.

Michael82
12-03-2007, 01:02 AM
Playing with 10 men intentionally is almost as dumb as hiring a family friend with no special teams experience as special teams coach.
That's why I'm not surprised that it came from Gregg Williams. :snicker:

Mitchy moo
12-04-2007, 05:57 PM
look at these A-holes:

http://media.naplesnews.com/img/photos/2007/12/03/Taylor_suspects__t180.jpg (http://www.naplesnews.com/photos/2007/dec/03/51017/) Photos of the suspects in the murder of NFL star Sean Taylor. Click to enlarge.

All four suspects in the fatal shooting of Sean Taylor have been indicted by a Miami-Dade County grand jury today for first-degree murder and armed burglary, according to the state attorney's office there.
Seventeen-year-old Eric Rivera has been named the shooter.
All but one of the defendants have been taken to Miami where they are being held without bond after a morning court appearance there. Rivera is the lone suspect remaining in Lee County and will likely be transferred into juvenile detention in Miami tomorrow and then be shifted into the adult system, attorney Sawyer Smith said.

They are all teens except for 1 20 year old. Why in the world would these kids drive to Miami to rob a guy?? Seriously messed up.

The Answer
12-04-2007, 05:59 PM
look at these A-holes:

http://media.naplesnews.com/img/photos/2007/12/03/Taylor_suspects__t180.jpg (http://www.naplesnews.com/photos/2007/dec/03/51017/) Photos of the suspects in the murder of NFL star Sean Taylor. Click to enlarge.

All four suspects in the fatal shooting of Sean Taylor have been indicted by a Miami-Dade County grand jury today for first-degree murder and armed burglary, according to the state attorney's office there.
Seventeen-year-old Eric Rivera has been named the shooter.
All but one of the defendants have been taken to Miami where they are being held without bond after a morning court appearance there. Rivera is the lone suspect remaining in Lee County and will likely be transferred into juvenile detention in Miami tomorrow and then be shifted into the adult system, attorney Sawyer Smith said.

They are all teens except for 1 20 year old. Why in the world would these kids drive to Miami to rob a guy?? Seriously messed up.

Not much for the gangsta wannabees to do in Miami nowdays - Cocaine isn't the drug of choice anymore, their NBA team sucks and they don't have a professional football team anymore either.

~The Answer

Jeff1220
12-04-2007, 09:07 PM
Jason Mitchell looks like some sort of Dave Chappelle character.