• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamze132
    Don’t hate…
    • Jun 2003

08' coaching change needed...

If this team is ever going to be more than a mediocre non-threat to any team that matters, we need an upgrade at OC. I can't believe that Fairchild can't get the ball into Parrish's hands more often. He needs to touch the ball more than 3 times per game on offense. They guy is way to elusive.

What kind of idiot has these weapons and doesn't design a gameplan around them?

And for the record, I never liked his style of offense which relies on quick passes into tight coverage. There are not too many QBs in the NFL that would succeed in this offense. It's to blan and predictable. I hope Dick realizes this and finds someone else.
  • Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

Re: 08' coaching change needed...

Hell, he can't get it into Evans' hands most games, either.

Fairchild's playcalling makes Joe Pendry look like a wild man.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Night Train
      Retired - On Several Levels
      • Jul 2005

I'm sure AVP still has the Marchibroda playbook on his bookshelf. Blow the dust off.
      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Night Train
        I'm sure AVP still has the Marchibroda playbook on his bookshelf. Blow the dust off.
        If AVP had the same talent to work with as Teddy, he probably would.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• jamze132
          Don’t hate…
          • Jun 2003

Need a change, like yesterday...

Comment

• Mahdi
            • Mar 2004

Im seriously tired of hearing about how we need a coaching change. Its ridiculous to blame our OC for the troubles of our O. Why cant we just face the facts that we dont have good players on offense. We dont even have a stable QB and even if we did he wouldnt be surrounded with enough talent to do anything at all. We have one passing threat ONEEEE. And we have an OL that is great at pass pro but still struggling in the ground game.

Why would we get rid of the coaches and start from scratch again instead of allowing our current staff to bring in the weapons we need and continue moving forward. Common ppl were supposed to be some of the most knowledgable football fans in the league but it seems everyone but Bills fans understands why we struggle. And its said every week by commentators and pre-game analysyts...Dick Jauron's team will always fight but they just dont have enough FIREPOWER!

Comment

• mybills
              81 st zoner
              • Jul 2002

Mahdi, it's not ridiculous when you hate the play calling.
              I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

AVP for OC

Comment

• bigbub2352
                  • Feb 2005

I think that the lack of talent at the WR , TE, and H-back position is way more the problem than Fairchild, but very poor uncreative plays, and play calling is also to blame as well, we have no creativity even in the runnning game with just running straight dives all the time, this whole coaching staff sucks, Perry Fewell has had no bad press even though his Defense just gave up 92 points in 2 games, and Fairchild hasnt scored more that one offensive touchdown in most games,
                  We need more than we thought on the offensive side of the ball, considering most our injury problems have been on the defensive side
                  Offseason u need to give TE some talent around him or we will be in same position next year
                  XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• djjimkelly
                    • Apr 2003

how about the whole staff if we can get on JP for being a 33% winner we can get on jauron for having that same winning %

they all need to go!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Mahdi
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by mybills
                      Mahdi, it's not ridiculous when you hate the play calling.
                      I agree the play calling is not great but the options are so limited with what you can do with our core of receivers and TEs. Royal and Gaines can only run certain basic routes. Reed is good for a crossing route or 2 and Parrish you can send deep sometimes and throw him a couple of screens. Here is what you cant do with our players.

Royal: No deep plays down the seem (lacks speed and soft hands), no deep crossing routes (cant get separation) and is below average in the red zone due to his lack of agility.

Gaines: same as royal with slightly better hands.

Reed: No Go routes (lack of speed), no deep post patterns (too small and lacks a wide catching radius), no deep crossing patterns for the same reason. No slants because he lacks the size and radius to provide an easy target which makes it easier for defenders to disrupt plays.

Parrish: Nothing intermediate or deep over the middle at all. No slants because even if his quickness allowed him to get one its easily solved by getting a bump on him.

Now im not trying to trash our guys but outside of Evans our guys are complimentary and we are using them as go-to players which wont work and its almost impossible to find a gameplan that will cater to what our guys do well considering their weaknesses.

I believe our coaches know this and are attacking our roster position by position till we can field a competitive team. Then we will see real play calling.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mahdi
                        Im seriously tired of hearing about how we need a coaching change. Its ridiculous to blame our OC for the troubles of our O. Why cant we just face the facts that we dont have good players on offense. We dont even have a stable QB and even if we did he wouldnt be surrounded with enough talent to do anything at all. We have one passing threat ONEEEE. And we have an OL that is great at pass pro but still struggling in the ground game.

Why would we get rid of the coaches and start from scratch again instead of allowing our current staff to bring in the weapons we need and continue moving forward. Common ppl were supposed to be some of the most knowledgable football fans in the league but it seems everyone but Bills fans understands why we struggle. And its said every week by commentators and pre-game analysyts...Dick Jauron's team will always fight but they just dont have enough FIREPOWER!
                        you don't have to start over. Just fix the offense. You have rookie rb's doing better than Lynch so you can throw lack of talent out the door.
                        We can't score with either qb's.
                        Last edited by justasportsfan; 11-29-2007, 10:41 AM.
                        sacrifice1
                        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• mybills
                          81 st zoner
                          • Jul 2002

I don't want to start over.
                          I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Mahdi
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                            you don't have to start over. Just fix the offense. You have rookie rb's doing better than Lynch so you can throw lack of talent out the door. We can't score with either qb's.
                            Our RB isnt doing as well as he could because the line is still gelling. Our Offense struggles in general because of the lack of weapons for our passing attack. Not the play calling. The play calling is bland because our players are limited in what they can do.

Comment

• Mahdi
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by bigbub2352
                              I think that the lack of talent at the WR , TE, and H-back position is way more the problem than Fairchild, but very poor uncreative plays, and play calling is also to blame as well, we have no creativity even in the runnning game with just running straight dives all the time, this whole coaching staff sucks, Perry Fewell has had no bad press even though his Defense just gave up 92 points in 2 games, and Fairchild hasnt scored more that one offensive touchdown in most games,
                              We need more than we thought on the offensive side of the ball, considering most our injury problems have been on the defensive side
                              Offseason u need to give TE some talent around him or we will be in same position next year
                              I agree with most of it but Fairchild's hands are tied, its that simple.

Comment

Working...
                              X