PDA

View Full Version : 08' coaching change needed...

jamze132
11-28-2007, 03:19 PM
If this team is ever going to be more than a mediocre non-threat to any team that matters, we need an upgrade at OC. I can't believe that Fairchild can't get the ball into Parrish's hands more often. He needs to touch the ball more than 3 times per game on offense. They guy is way to elusive.

What kind of idiot has these weapons and doesn't design a gameplan around them?

And for the record, I never liked his style of offense which relies on quick passes into tight coverage. There are not too many QBs in the NFL that would succeed in this offense. It's to blan and predictable. I hope Dick realizes this and finds someone else.

Jan Reimers
11-28-2007, 04:24 PM
Hell, he can't get it into Evans' hands most games, either.

Fairchild's playcalling makes Joe Pendry look like a wild man.

Night Train
11-28-2007, 04:30 PM
I'm sure AVP still has the Marchibroda playbook on his bookshelf. Blow the dust off.

YardRat
11-28-2007, 06:58 PM
I'm sure AVP still has the Marchibroda playbook on his bookshelf. Blow the dust off.

If AVP had the same talent to work with as Teddy, he probably would.

jamze132
11-29-2007, 07:27 AM
Need a change, like yesterday...

Mahdi
11-29-2007, 07:50 AM
Im seriously tired of hearing about how we need a coaching change. Its ridiculous to blame our OC for the troubles of our O. Why cant we just face the facts that we dont have good players on offense. We dont even have a stable QB and even if we did he wouldnt be surrounded with enough talent to do anything at all. We have one passing threat ONEEEE. And we have an OL that is great at pass pro but still struggling in the ground game.

Why would we get rid of the coaches and start from scratch again instead of allowing our current staff to bring in the weapons we need and continue moving forward. Common ppl were supposed to be some of the most knowledgable football fans in the league but it seems everyone but Bills fans understands why we struggle. And its said every week by commentators and pre-game analysyts...Dick Jauron's team will always fight but they just dont have enough FIREPOWER!

mybills
11-29-2007, 07:54 AM
Mahdi, it's not ridiculous when you hate the play calling.

Mr. Miyagi
11-29-2007, 08:25 AM
AVP for OC

bigbub2352
11-29-2007, 08:38 AM
I think that the lack of talent at the WR , TE, and H-back position is way more the problem than Fairchild, but very poor uncreative plays, and play calling is also to blame as well, we have no creativity even in the runnning game with just running straight dives all the time, this whole coaching staff sucks, Perry Fewell has had no bad press even though his Defense just gave up 92 points in 2 games, and Fairchild hasnt scored more that one offensive touchdown in most games,
We need more than we thought on the offensive side of the ball, considering most our injury problems have been on the defensive side
Offseason u need to give TE some talent around him or we will be in same position next year

djjimkelly
11-29-2007, 09:30 AM
how about the whole staff if we can get on JP for being a 33% winner we can get on jauron for having that same winning %

they all need to go!!!!!!!!!!

Mahdi
11-29-2007, 09:40 AM
Mahdi, it's not ridiculous when you hate the play calling.
I agree the play calling is not great but the options are so limited with what you can do with our core of receivers and TEs. Royal and Gaines can only run certain basic routes. Reed is good for a crossing route or 2 and Parrish you can send deep sometimes and throw him a couple of screens. Here is what you cant do with our players.

Royal: No deep plays down the seem (lacks speed and soft hands), no deep crossing routes (cant get separation) and is below average in the red zone due to his lack of agility.

Gaines: same as royal with slightly better hands.

Reed: No Go routes (lack of speed), no deep post patterns (too small and lacks a wide catching radius), no deep crossing patterns for the same reason. No slants because he lacks the size and radius to provide an easy target which makes it easier for defenders to disrupt plays.

Parrish: Nothing intermediate or deep over the middle at all. No slants because even if his quickness allowed him to get one its easily solved by getting a bump on him.

Now im not trying to trash our guys but outside of Evans our guys are complimentary and we are using them as go-to players which wont work and its almost impossible to find a gameplan that will cater to what our guys do well considering their weaknesses.

I believe our coaches know this and are attacking our roster position by position till we can field a competitive team. Then we will see real play calling.

justasportsfan
11-29-2007, 10:27 AM
Im seriously tired of hearing about how we need a coaching change. Its ridiculous to blame our OC for the troubles of our O. Why cant we just face the facts that we dont have good players on offense. We dont even have a stable QB and even if we did he wouldnt be surrounded with enough talent to do anything at all. We have one passing threat ONEEEE. And we have an OL that is great at pass pro but still struggling in the ground game.

Why would we get rid of the coaches and start from scratch again instead of allowing our current staff to bring in the weapons we need and continue moving forward. Common ppl were supposed to be some of the most knowledgable football fans in the league but it seems everyone but Bills fans understands why we struggle. And its said every week by commentators and pre-game analysyts...Dick Jauron's team will always fight but they just dont have enough FIREPOWER!
you don't have to start over. Just fix the offense. You have rookie rb's doing better than Lynch so you can throw lack of talent out the door.
We can't score with either qb's.

mybills
11-29-2007, 10:32 AM
I don't want to start over. :sadwalk:

Mahdi
11-29-2007, 10:32 AM
you don't have to start over. Just fix the offense. You have rookie rb's doing better than Lynch so you can throw lack of talent out the door. We can't score with either qb's.
Our RB isnt doing as well as he could because the line is still gelling. Our Offense struggles in general because of the lack of weapons for our passing attack. Not the play calling. The play calling is bland because our players are limited in what they can do.

Mahdi
11-29-2007, 10:33 AM
I think that the lack of talent at the WR , TE, and H-back position is way more the problem than Fairchild, but very poor uncreative plays, and play calling is also to blame as well, we have no creativity even in the runnning game with just running straight dives all the time, this whole coaching staff sucks, Perry Fewell has had no bad press even though his Defense just gave up 92 points in 2 games, and Fairchild hasnt scored more that one offensive touchdown in most games,
We need more than we thought on the offensive side of the ball, considering most our injury problems have been on the defensive side
Offseason u need to give TE some talent around him or we will be in same position next year
I agree with most of it but Fairchild's hands are tied, its that simple.

justasportsfan
11-29-2007, 10:42 AM
Our RB isnt doing as well as he could because the line is still gelling. Our Offense struggles in general because of the lack of weapons for our passing attack. Not the play calling. The play calling is bland because our players are limited in what they can do.
Try checking out the Pats offensive line up th first time they won the sb. Branch was a rookie then. Antoine Smith ? They didn't have much talent but they had the brains to win the sb with practically nothing. They even started rookies in the playoffs and sb.

Our OL is still gelling? Our OL last year was doing so much better than this OL right after the bye week. An OL with Reyes, Pennington, etc. as compared to Dockery and co.

justasportsfan
11-29-2007, 10:45 AM
and if lack of talent is an issue, it's up to the coaches to have the foresight to determine whether he has enough weapons or Marv would've attempted to grab someone out there. Instead we stood pat and lived with what we had.

I knew losing Price would hurt this O but he isn't that great of a player.

Mahdi
11-29-2007, 10:52 AM
and if lack of talent is an issue, it's up to the coaches to have the foresight to determine whether he has enough weapons or Marv would've attempted to grab someone out there. Instead we stood pat and lived with what we had.

I knew losing Price would hurt this O but he isn't that great of a player.
Well they could only address so many positions at once. You cant just go out and grab any player you want. Another draft will solve a lot of our problems, I doubt FA will bring us much because it seems like they are taking the Colts approach.

I always look to coaches who were here then left to teams that have better talent. Look at Killdrive. He runs a great offense in NY with Manning, Plax , shockey, Toomer and Jacobs. Lets get Fairchild a Shockey and a Plax then judge him.

Jeff1220
11-29-2007, 10:52 AM
Try checking out the Pats offensive line up th first time they won the sb. Branch was a rookie then. Antoine Smith ? They didn't have much talent but they had the brains to win the sb with practically nothing. They even started rookies in the playoffs and sb.

Our OL is still gelling? Our OL last year was doing so much better than this OL right after the bye week. An OL with Reyes, Pennington, etc. as compared to Dockery and co.

I understand your point, but I'm sure video and photographs of other teams' defensive signals helped too.

Mahdi
11-29-2007, 10:56 AM

Our OL was RELATIVELY better last year compared to earlier in the year. Now we have better pass blocking than last year for sure but we still have difficulty with the run game which will just take more time due to this zone blocking.

mybills
11-29-2007, 10:57 AM
I understand your point, but I'm sure video and photographs of other teams' defensive signals helped too.
:rofl:

bigbub2352
11-29-2007, 11:03 AM
We need a real C for the oline to properly gel, Fowler hurts us big time in the running game allowin a cluster **** everytime we run, no push that is one major proble, but Fairchild can use the playaction a hell of alot more, and maybe a counter or a sweep, or misdirection instead of straight dives, also our WR depth is terrible, you are seeing Reed as what he is, as well as good ole Sam Aiken anyone want to argue with me about him know?
he is ****ing useless has he even been playing ST?

justasportsfan
11-29-2007, 11:05 AM

all the videos in the world wouldn't have won them a sb with that talent. Some people considered that line-up as the worse offensive talent that won a sb then.

You know you have a great coach when he can put his 2nd year 6th rd drafted qb in situations to win.

With that line-up Weiss put his O in a postion to win with screen passes. Shanahan can run rollouts with Cutler and yet JP is faster and more mobile but made to stay in the pocket.

I could be wrong. Maybe it was all JP. Time will tell. Let's see what he can do with a 3rd rd. qb as compared to a Brady who was drafted where again?

BB and his 2002 talent makes the excuses for Fairchild look invalid.

justasportsfan
11-29-2007, 11:09 AM
Our OL was RELATIVELY better last year compared to earlier in the year. Now we have better pass blocking than last year for sure but we still have difficulty with the run game which will just take more time due to this zone blocking.

It would be easier for me to accept that if the talent was hardly any better comapred to last years. Dockery and co. is supposedly way more talented than Reyes and co.

I agree that pass protection is better.

Mahdi
11-29-2007, 11:14 AM
We need a real C for the oline to properly gel, Fowler hurts us big time in the running game allowin a cluster **** everytime we run, no push that is one major proble, but Fairchild can use the playaction a hell of alot more, and maybe a counter or a sweep, or misdirection instead of straight dives, also our WR depth is terrible, you are seeing Reed as what he is, as well as good ole Sam Aiken anyone want to argue with me about him know?
he is ****ing useless has he even been playing ST?
Agree completely. Fowler just fowls up the middle the point of attack big time. He gets no push and usually gets pushed back into the play. We dont run misdirection or counters very often because if yer C gets blown up the play will lose 3 or 4 yards. Better to just take the 2 or 3 yard gain and hope for the best with basic run plays.

justasportsfan
11-29-2007, 11:20 AM
BTW, where is the supposedly good hands of Lynch. I haven't seen it here but I've seen it when he was in college.

Willis already has 201 recieving yards as a Raven at this point with McNair looking worse than JP. He had 186 all year last year.

check out his nos. this year compared to when Fairchild was his OC

Add that with Fairchilds own players calling him out.

http://www.nfl.com/players/willismcgahee/careerstats?id=MCG001995

R. Rich
11-29-2007, 11:31 AM
If this team is ever going to be more than a mediocre non-threat to any team that matters, we need an upgrade at OWNER.

Agreed.

historypete
11-29-2007, 11:32 AM
A lack of playing talent DOES NOT mean that Fairchild can not come up with creative, aggressive gameplans. Fairchild's job is to recgonize what this team is good at and find ways of getting matchups that are favorable to his players who do have talent.

He fails to do that every week. By constantly playing Gaines and Royal he puts this offense at a disadvatage because they do not create matchup problems. There are a million other things I could rail on, but I've said it all before. As for the Van Pelt idea that some have called for, I love that idea and have said it. They should give him the Offensive Coordinator duties over the next 5 weeks to see what happens. It can't get any worse.

justasportsfan
11-29-2007, 11:43 AM
If talent is a problem, why are the fins doing better than we are offensively?

Mahdi
11-29-2007, 11:59 AM
A lack of playing talent DOES NOT mean that Fairchild can not come up with creative, aggressive gameplans. Fairchild's job is to recgonize what this team is good at and find ways of getting matchups that are favorable to his players who do have talent.

He fails to do that every week. By constantly playing Gaines and Royal he puts this offense at a disadvatage because they do not create matchup problems. There are a million other things I could rail on, but I've said it all before. As for the Van Pelt idea that some have called for, I love that idea and have said it. They should give him the Offensive Coordinator duties over the next 5 weeks to see what happens. It can't get any worse.
Ok running an offense in the NFL is not like playing pick up football in the park. Im sorry but Reed and Parrish dont cause matchup probelems on a regular basis. Ya sure we can hit Parrish on a screen and let him run but how many times can we do that in a game. And you can throw to Reed underneath a few times and he'll get you a couple of first downs but that will be shut down easily as well. Reed and Parrish have talents but they are not talented overall. They are role players currently playing roles that are too large for them. I dont care how creative an OC coordinator is, if he has our offensive roster all his creativity will only produce minimal results. Players make plays and we dont have the players.

Kerr
11-29-2007, 07:49 PM
If talent is a problem, why are the fins doing better than we are offensively?

shoots and he scores....
fairchild has lacked the brains and creativity up to this point.

jamze132
11-30-2007, 03:42 AM

What kind of OC can't get Lynch involved more in the passing game? What kind of OC can't get possibly our best weapon, Parrish more involved? Tell me again why we don't need a new OC.

jamze132
11-30-2007, 03:45 AM
Agreed.
Why did you change what I said and then quote me? I never said we needed a new owner. You did and I don't appreciate you putting words in my mouth and then using a quote. You are a mod...

R. Rich
11-30-2007, 09:05 AM
Why did you change what I said and then quote me? I never said we needed a new owner. You did and I don't appreciate you putting words in my mouth and then using a quote. You are a mod...

For the obvious damage to your pysche, I do apologize. My fault.

For the record, jamze132 does not feel we need a new owner.