IF Fired from Batlimore, would you consider Brian Billick for OC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Jokeman
    • Dec 2003

IF Fired from Batlimore, would you consider Brian Billick for OC?

I've seen the recent threads calling for Callahan as OC, which is intriguing yet one name that would intrigue me is Brian Billick, assuming of course he gets let go by Baltimore. Although not sure if Ralph would shell out the money to bring him in. As let's not forget he was an OC with Minnesota prior to landing the head job in Baltimore and per his bio at Baltimore Ravens.com

"Over his 5 full seasons as offensive coordinator, Billick guided the Vikings into the top 5 in the NFL in yards per game, passing yards per game, completions and 3rd-down conversions…Under Billick’s guidance, the Vikings recorded their then top 3 offensive seasons (1998, 1995 and 1994), and 5 of the top 10 offensive campaigns in team history…Most importantly, the Vikings advanced to the playoffs all but 1 season (1995) during Billick’s tenure…Minnesota played postseason games in 1992-94 and 1997-98."
    Thoughts?
    Last edited by The Jokeman; 11-28-2007, 11:55 PM.
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

Re: IF Fired from Batlimore, would you consider Brian Billick for OC?

nope. he's suppose to be offensive minded but hasn't fielded a decent offense in 5+ years.

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
      Will not tolerate vandalism.
      • Apr 2006

Hmm... I think yes, although he's more than qualified for HC and I'm not sure how fresh his OC skills would be.

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
        The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
        • Feb 2005

no.

I want Vince Lombardi. Even Dead hes better then what we got
        In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
          !?!?!?!?!?
          • Mar 2006

how does he become a OC when he has won a Super Bowl and Dick Jauron has not, that would be an insult to him and he wouldn't take the job, (i wonder what Bill Callahan's life would be like had he won that Super Bowl against the Bucs) Mike Martz wouldn't take an OC job because he would be replacing a good friend sooo we go back to the guy I've always wanted in Buffalo, West Coast offensive minded Steve Mariucci with West Coast QB Trent Edwards.....perfect fit

Comment

• TigerJ
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by trapezeus
            nope. he's suppose to be offensive minded but hasn't fielded a decent offense in 5+ years.
            That's what is so bizarre. He's hired as head coach at Baltimore because he's an offensive genius, but he's never had a really good offense in Baltimore. He's always relied on his defense to win games. I wouldn't hire him.
            I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

I don't think Billick would take the step down. He's more likely to take his personality to TV and wait for someone to offer him a HC position again.
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• NorthCarBills
                • Jan 2006

My answer is no. For example purposes, when we played them this year, they were on their last drive (or close to it) and needed just a yard or two to keep it alive. McGahee was running relatively well on us. But he called like three pass plays in a row to try and get the first, and time at that point in the game was not the issue. That kind of play calling drives me nuts, and is too similar to the crud Malarkey and his staff would pull. Not that he's been on my A list lately, but I think even Fairchild would have put at least one running play in that series.

Comment

• njsue
                  Jersey Girl!!!!!!
                  • Sep 2003

Originally posted by BILLSROCK1212
                  how does he become a OC when he has won a Super Bowl and Dick Jauron has not, that would be an insult to him and he wouldn't take the job, (i wonder what Bill Callahan's life would be like had he won that Super Bowl against the Bucs) Mike Martz wouldn't take an OC job because he would be replacing a good friend sooo we go back to the guy I've always wanted in Buffalo, West Coast offensive minded Steve Mariucci with West Coast QB Trent Edwards.....perfect fit
                  Marvin Lewis's defense won that super bowl!!

Comment

• Tatonka
                    • Jul 2002

he is an arrogant ass.. and hasnt had a good offense since he came to baltimore.. he would consider a OC spot an insult because he is sooooo smart.
                    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• bigbub2352
                      • Feb 2005

I would say yes, but we would never pay his salary
                      XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                        Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Hell no. He's got a hard on for those thugs from the U. Not a Marv guy.

Comment

• raphael120
                          Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                          • Oct 2005

trade our piss poor offense for billicks piss poor offense?

dude, go flush your head down the toilet. you didn't think this thread through.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by njsue
                            Marvin Lewis's defense won that super bowl!!
                            and look at what a great defense he has in Cincy.

Comment

• eyedog
                              • Jul 2002

I'd take him as our head coach any day over Jauron.

Comment

Working...
                              X