PDA

View Full Version : IF Fired from Batlimore, would you consider Brian Billick for OC?

The Jokeman
11-28-2007, 10:44 PM
I've seen the recent threads calling for Callahan as OC, which is intriguing yet one name that would intrigue me is Brian Billick, assuming of course he gets let go by Baltimore. Although not sure if Ralph would shell out the money to bring him in. As let's not forget he was an OC with Minnesota prior to landing the head job in Baltimore and per his bio at Baltimore Ravens.com (http://www.baltimoreravens.com/Team/CoachBio.aspx?id=1328)

"Over his 5 full seasons as offensive coordinator, Billick guided the Vikings into the top 5 in the NFL in yards per game, passing yards per game, completions and 3rd-down conversions…Under Billick’s guidance, the Vikings recorded their then top 3 offensive seasons (1998, 1995 and 1994), and 5 of the top 10 offensive campaigns in team history…Most importantly, the Vikings advanced to the playoffs all but 1 season (1995) during Billick’s tenure…Minnesota played postseason games in 1992-94 and 1997-98."

Thoughts?

trapezeus
11-28-2007, 10:52 PM
nope. he's suppose to be offensive minded but hasn't fielded a decent offense in 5+ years.

Johnny Bugmenot
11-28-2007, 10:54 PM
Hmm... I think yes, although he's more than qualified for HC and I'm not sure how fresh his OC skills would be.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
11-28-2007, 11:22 PM
no.

I want Vince Lombardi. Even Dead hes better then what we got

BILLSROCK1212
11-28-2007, 11:34 PM
how does he become a OC when he has won a Super Bowl and Dick Jauron has not, that would be an insult to him and he wouldn't take the job, (i wonder what Bill Callahan's life would be like had he won that Super Bowl against the Bucs) Mike Martz wouldn't take an OC job because he would be replacing a good friend sooo we go back to the guy I've always wanted in Buffalo, West Coast offensive minded Steve Mariucci with West Coast QB Trent Edwards.....perfect fit

TigerJ
11-28-2007, 11:45 PM
nope. he's suppose to be offensive minded but hasn't fielded a decent offense in 5+ years.

That's what is so bizarre. He's hired as head coach at Baltimore because he's an offensive genius, but he's never had a really good offense in Baltimore. He's always relied on his defense to win games. I wouldn't hire him.

YardRat
11-29-2007, 05:35 AM
I don't think Billick would take the step down. He's more likely to take his personality to TV and wait for someone to offer him a HC position again.

NorthCarBills
11-29-2007, 07:03 AM
My answer is no. For example purposes, when we played them this year, they were on their last drive (or close to it) and needed just a yard or two to keep it alive. McGahee was running relatively well on us. But he called like three pass plays in a row to try and get the first, and time at that point in the game was not the issue. That kind of play calling drives me nuts, and is too similar to the crud Malarkey and his staff would pull. Not that he's been on my A list lately, but I think even Fairchild would have put at least one running play in that series.

njsue
11-29-2007, 07:17 AM
how does he become a OC when he has won a Super Bowl and Dick Jauron has not, that would be an insult to him and he wouldn't take the job, (i wonder what Bill Callahan's life would be like had he won that Super Bowl against the Bucs) Mike Martz wouldn't take an OC job because he would be replacing a good friend sooo we go back to the guy I've always wanted in Buffalo, West Coast offensive minded Steve Mariucci with West Coast QB Trent Edwards.....perfect fit

Marvin Lewis's defense won that super bowl!!

Tatonka
11-29-2007, 07:33 AM
he is an arrogant ass.. and hasnt had a good offense since he came to baltimore.. he would consider a OC spot an insult because he is sooooo smart.

bigbub2352
11-29-2007, 08:40 AM
I would say yes, but we would never pay his salary

Mr. Miyagi
11-29-2007, 09:41 AM
Hell no. He's got a hard on for those thugs from the U. Not a Marv guy.

raphael120
11-29-2007, 09:47 AM
trade our piss poor offense for billicks piss poor offense?

dude, go flush your head down the toilet. you didn't think this thread through.

The Jokeman
11-29-2007, 10:07 AM
and look at what a great defense he has in Cincy.

eyedog
11-29-2007, 10:43 AM
I'd take him as our head coach any day over Jauron.

justasportsfan
11-29-2007, 10:50 AM
He thinks WIllis is dynamic.

PECKERWOOD
11-29-2007, 12:48 PM
I'd take him in a heartbeat. He has so much experience as a HC that he could really help Dick Jauron turn this football team around. The more experience a coach has the better, imo. Billick as OC/AHC.

The Answer
11-29-2007, 12:53 PM

Exactly - for all of the hype leaving Minny after the 15-1 season in 1999 when Cunningham/Moss and company were lighting teams up similar to this years patriots, Billick has done NOTHING in Baltimore on the offensive side of the ball. And the defense has never been the same either since Marvin Lewis went to coach the Bungles.

What's most humorous is that McGayee was supposed to be their savior and this year their offense is worst than ever. Another reason he will be canned at the end of the season. Got to love it - kudos to Levy for this great move, now let's hope we can get a 4th rounder for Mcgahee's buddy Losman.

~The Answer

The Jokeman
11-29-2007, 01:31 PM
Exactly - for all of the hype leaving Minny after the 15-1 season in 1999 when Cunningham/Moss and company were lighting teams up similar to this years patriots, Billick has done NOTHING in Baltimore on the offensive side of the ball. And the defense has never been the same either since Marvin Lewis went to coach the Bungles.

What's most humorous is that McGayee was supposed to be their savior and this year their offense is worst than ever. Another reason he will be canned at the end of the season. Got to love it - kudos to Levy for this great move, now let's hope we can get a 4th rounder for Mcgahee's buddy Losman.

~The Answer
Have you seen McGahee's stats? Through 11 games this season he has as many TDs he had last year with us. He's 3rd in the NFL in rushing yards has more receptions then he had in an single season in Buffalo and having his best rushing yard per game and yards per carry season to date for his career or quite possibly a career season. Other things are causing Baltimores struggles this year. Mainly the health of McNair and Todd Heap and Mark Clayton's inability to reproduce his success of last season.

In terms of Losman, I'd rather we deal him to the NFC as the last thing I want to see is him suceeding and taking another AFC team the playoffs and not us though doubt he would. Instead of Baltimore I'd ship him to a team like Minnesota for possibly a 3rd Rounder or maybe conditional 4th.

Bill Cody
11-29-2007, 03:33 PM
The same school of thought that wants to give Billick credit for Minny's offense thought Daunte Culpepper was a great QB. Randy Moss was the real reason Minny put up big #'s. Do we really want Billick doing for TE what he's done for Boller?

The Jokeman
11-29-2007, 03:42 PM
The same school of thought that wants to give Billick credit for Minny's offense thought Daunte Culpepper was a great QB. Randy Moss was the real reason Minny put up big #'s. Do we really want Billick doing for TE what he's done for Boller?
Look closer at Boller's college numbers, he wasn't a great QB but he's a great athlete and has a rocket of an arm. I think we might be learning with TE vs JP that playing QB has a lot more then just a forty time and how far you can throw a ball.

njsue
11-30-2007, 04:40 AM
Not worth it.

hurls
11-30-2007, 06:01 AM
Billick would be OK, but not what I'm, looking for. He may be able to motivate some, but looks like he may have lost it.

hurls
11-30-2007, 06:03 AM

LOL, more like Lewis' players did. What has Lewis done since in Cincy? Great defenses there huh?

don137
11-30-2007, 07:46 AM
He is a whiner but I think with a good QB he would be a solid coordinator. Baltimore's woes on offense is comparable to Buffalo. They have no QB to depend upon. Other then the bad play call of not getting the first down with one yard to go against the Bills he does a good job calling the game.

njsue
11-30-2007, 06:49 PM
and look at what a great defense he has in Cincy.

DC to a HC difference.

The players in Cincy are mixed with jail birds.

Night Train
12-01-2007, 07:52 AM
Think who our owner is and quit coming up with these "no chance" scenerios.

hurls
12-01-2007, 08:00 AM
DC to a HC difference.

The players in Cincy are mixed with jail birds.

Marv's head pupil, Ray Lewis, sure was a saint.

The Jokeman
12-16-2007, 03:21 PM
bump. I think with the loss to the Dolphins there's no way Billick returns to Baltimore. Of course not sure Ralph pony up the money to hire him.

jamze132
12-16-2007, 04:37 PM
I've seen the recent threads calling for Callahan as OC, which is intriguing yet one name that would intrigue me is Brian Billick, assuming of course he gets let go by Baltimore. Although not sure if Ralph would shell out the money to bring him in. As let's not forget he was an OC with Minnesota prior to landing the head job in Baltimore and per his bio at Baltimore Ravens.com (http://www.baltimoreravens.com/Team/CoachBio.aspx?id=1328)

Thoughts?
Uh... Yes?

YardRat
12-16-2007, 04:39 PM
Getting beat by the Dolphins in '07 isn't really something owners are going to be looking for on resume's.

eyedog
12-16-2007, 04:43 PM
How about winning a Superbowl. How's that look on a resume ?