X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cablesabres68
    • Nov 2003

this is not a jp support thread it's just reality

I know i don't make to many posts but when i make a post i try to make it count. now for the past few weeks all you bills fans on here having been asking for edwards because losman can't read defenses or he can't throw the short pass or he can't do this or he can't do that. Well let me let u in on a little secret there was a player on the bills from 1986-1996 who could not read defeses had trouble throwing the short passes but had the heart of a lion. his name was JIM KELLY. the bills then brought in Ted Marchibroda to engineer an offense to suit kelly's talents which was famously known as the K-Gun. Now i am not saying Losman is Kelly reincarnated i am just saying if we had a better coaching staff who would not try to force an offense on losman but would create an ofense better suited for him he would be a better quarterback. now because of having bad coaching staffs here in losmans tenure we will not get to see him have the success that he should have had here. i really hope that he goes to a team where they create an offense suited for him and has great success because it is becoming heart breaking to be a bills fan more now than when norwood missed that kick wide right.
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Re: this is not a jp support thread it's just reality

Originally posted by cablesabres68
    I know i don't make to many posts but when i make a post i try to make it count. now for the past few weeks all you bills fans on here having been asking for edwards because losman can't read defenses or he can't throw the short pass or he can't do this or he can't do that. Well let me let u in on a little secret there was a player on the bills from 1986-1996 who could not read defeses had trouble throwing the short passes but had the heart of a lion. his name was JIM KELLY. the bills then brought in Ted Marchibroda to engineer an offense to suit kelly's talents which was famously known as the K-Gun. Now i am not saying Losman is Kelly reincarnated i am just saying if we had a better coaching staff who would not try to force an offense on losman but would create an ofense better suited for him he would be a better quarterback. now because of having bad coaching staffs here in losmans tenure we will not get to see him have the success that he should have had here. i really hope that he goes to a team where they create an offense suited for him and has great success because it is becoming heart breaking to be a bills fan more now than when norwood missed that kick wide right.
    JP couldn't clean gum off Kelly's shoes. Kelly's "linebacker mentality" was to stand in there and deliver, JP's is to run and gun. Kelly would make adjustments during the game, change the play at at the line himself and run a effective no huddle. JP cannot be trusted to call anything but his parents.

I still wish JP nothing but the best.

Comment

• cablesabres68
      • Nov 2003

it took great coaching to get kelly to where he was he had the tools and the talent but it was raw talent so it had to be molded and not a single coach tried to do that with JP they basically said this is the offense we are running and tried to make jp do something that are not to his strengths.

edited for TOS.
      Last edited by shelby; 11-29-2007, 04:13 AM.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
        Roways rooking ahread!
        • Sep 2005

this is the offense we are running and tried to make jp do something that are not to his strengths.
        Like passing accurately, reading defenses & checking down receivers?

Comment

• cablesabres68
          • Nov 2003

Like passing accurately, reading defenses & checking down receivers?
          the first and third one are basic offensive principles not the offense we are running and the second one is something that is taught by your quaterbacks coach. and if you see that the quaterback is struggling reading defenses you create plays and put players in a position to help your quaterback be succesful not go out and read what each player on the defense is going to do and then be forced to make an errandt throw causing an incompletion or worse. and like i said in my first post kelly struggled reading defenses to that is why the K-Gun was an offense taylored for him and that is why he flourished in it.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
            Roways rooking ahread!
            • Sep 2005

the first and third one are basic offensive principles not the offense we are running and the second one is something that is taught by your quaterbacks coach. and if you see that the quaterback is struggling reading defenses you create plays and put players in a position to help your quaterback be succesful not go out and read what each player on the defense is going to do and then be forced to make an errandt throw causing an incompletion or worse. and like i said in my first post kelly struggled reading defenses to that is why the K-Gun was an offense taylored for him and that is why he flourished in it.
            , 10-21 starting record & 2 sets of coaches, try again.

Comment

• cablesabres68
              • Nov 2003

the record doesn't matter you can't take a quaterback with raw talent not try to mold him teach him work on things with him to get things right throw him out there and have him try to do the same things over and over again. Ben Franklin defined insanity as trying to do the same things over and expecting different results. so what does our coaching staff do oh here jp we are gonna keep running the same exact offense over and over again not make changes to help you and expect you to have a different outcome. skooby lets be smart about this our coaching staff might be book smart but if they keep trying to do the same things over and over again expecting different results they are insanely stupid and it wasn't just the dick juron regime it was mularky's also
              Last edited by shelby; 11-29-2007, 04:14 AM.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                Peterman Sucks!
                • Mar 2006

So then Kelly struggled? When?

He lit up college and he lit up the USFL. He came into the NFL throwing for over 3000 yards, 22 tds to 17 int's and an 83.3 rating. He also completed 59.4% of his passes. That was in 85. The K-Gun offense didn't come into fruition until the 1990 season.

So before you degrade other posters, at least come with proper knowledge and factual points.

Comment

• Typ0
                  honey pie
                  • Jul 2002

This is it folks. It's like when you fumigate the house and those last rats are running from the walls...

Comment

• YardRat
                    Well, lookie here...
                    • Dec 2004

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him hit the river with a forward pass.
                    YardRat Wall of Fame
                    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                      Roways rooking ahread!
                      • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Typ0
                      This is it folks. It's like when you fumigate the house and those last rats are running from the walls...
                      You hit the nail on the head here.

Comment

• mchurchfie
                        • Jul 2002

but had the heart of a lion. his name was JIM KELLY.
                        Kelly =
                        JP =
                        Worst thread of the day. JP doesn't even belong in the same paragraph with Kelly.
                        My Band
                        daveviterna.com

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                          Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                          • Jun 2005

Enough of the QB threads now its OVER

Comment

• jmb1099
                            • Sep 2004

It could very well be that better coaching will help Losman, but his career here is over. I really wanted him to succeed, and he showed flashes, but he just couldn't put anything together with any consistency. Maybe it was the coaching debacle, maybe he just doesn't have a head for the game. Whatever the case he is all but done here and its time for the Bills to move forward. I wish Losman nothing but the best, he trully understood the off-field part of being a high profile sports personality, but this year has been a major disappointment on field.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                              • Dec 2005

In all due respect, you must be out of your mind.

Jim Kelly couldn't read defenses? LOL that's the funniest thing I've ever heard. Jim Kelly CALLED HIS OWN PLAYS based on the defense!!! He's one of the few QB's ever on any team to totally have the responsibility of calling the plays. So basically, he was the unofficial offensive coordinator of this team.. But he didn't read defenses???

WOW

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

Working...
                              X