PDA

View Full Version : Pick Your Player

The King
11-29-2007, 08:08 AM
After two days it looks like we have Tony Romo lining up under center heaving balls to Hines Ward. Now one of the most important positions on the offense...

Your Left Tackle!

1. Jammal Brown: Jammal was a 1st rounder in 05 and played 13 games at RT in 06 he was moved to the LT position and named to the Pro Bowl as a starter. He has quickly grown into one of the games elite LT's. Still has a long career ahead of him.
http://www.nfl.com/players/jammalbrown/profile?id=BRO485868

2. Jason Peters: An undrafter TE out of Arkansas Peters has worked his way from TE to RT to being the corner stone of Buffalo's offensive line. Peters doesn't come with the hype or acclaim that other Tackles do but the kid gets it done.
http://www.nfl.com/players/jasonpeters/profile?id=PET150539

3. Matt Lepsis: Lepsis was signed as a FA in 1997 and has never looked back. In 1999 he beat Trey Teague for the starting position and has been one of the leaders on Denvers impressive O-Line ever since.
http://www.nflplayers.com/players/player.aspx?id=25443

bigbub2352
11-29-2007, 08:39 AM
Peters, he is only 25 and still learning, i have yet to see him get dominated by anyone, and u give him a little more time at the psotion he will be lights out for yrs to come.

mybills
11-29-2007, 08:42 AM
Are you putting together a fantasy team?

Romes
11-29-2007, 08:43 AM
tuff choice between Brown and Peters but my biased pushed me towards Peters.

Gunzlingr
11-29-2007, 09:54 AM
tuff choice between Brown and Peters but my biased pushed me towards Peters.

Ditto

madness
11-29-2007, 09:59 AM
Brown. He's only a year older the Peters and is already where Peters needs to be.

Devin
11-29-2007, 10:02 AM
Jammal Brown no question.

I like Peters but he isnt Jammal Brown.

Lepsis is pretty one dimentional as an OT. Hes on the wrong side of 30 and has been injury prone. He plays well in Denvers zone blocking scheme but with Brown and Peters there its unfair lol.

EDS
11-29-2007, 10:37 AM
I went with the pro bowler.

The King
11-29-2007, 10:57 AM
Are you putting together a fantasy team?

No "we" are kinda... Ill explain more later.

PECKERWOOD
11-29-2007, 12:46 PM
I'll take Peters. I've seen him completely dominate New England's OL before and that tells me alot about him as a player.

The Jokeman
11-29-2007, 01:43 PM
I missed the other threads but if I were GM and talking talent alone I'd take Brown over Peters and Peters of Lepsis as Devin brings up some good points. Though if factoring salary cap and upside potentional then would go with Peters. Yet for sake arguement went with Brown as to me he's the best player of the three offered.

RockStar36
11-29-2007, 01:48 PM
I don't know enough about the other guys so I'll take Peters because he's a Bill.

BlackMetalNinja
11-29-2007, 01:51 PM
I don't know enough about the other guys so I'll take Peters because he's a Bill.

Yeah what he said...

Mudflap1
11-29-2007, 02:04 PM
Jammal Brown - he's a Pro Bowler and he's still young. Jason Peters has been all hypte to me this year. He's an above-average left tackle at best right now, not an elite one.

Jon

The King
11-29-2007, 02:31 PM
I thought this would be a blow out in Browns favor

Devin
11-29-2007, 02:58 PM
I thought this would be a blow out in Browns favor

Well Lepsis predictably was a non factor.

You are dealing with Bills fans who adore Peters so its not terribly surprising.

Jammal Brown made the pro-bowl as a LT in his 2nd season, which like Peters was a new position. He played RT as a rookie. At 6-6 315lbs he really is sort of the prototype LT and anchors a largely unproven and/or underachieving OL. Brown is one of the biggest reasons Brees was one of the least sacked QB's last year.

Peters while certainly athletically gifted falls into that good but not great OT category. Hes an above average starter who while not reaching his ceiling just yet probably is close to it. He may see the pro-bowl once or twice in his career and generally is the mvp of our line.

Peters is good no doubt, but asking if id rather have him or Brown is stretching it. But then again this is a Bills board so id suspect every few questions you will get a result like that.

The King
11-29-2007, 03:04 PM
Well Lepsis predictably was a non factor.

I thought lepsis was a good canidate, he's older so thats a knock, but he has 2 rings, and has been the most dominate run blocking LT in the NFL for a decade.

Devin
11-29-2007, 03:06 PM
I thought lepsis was a good canidate, he's older so thats a knock, but he has 2 rings, and has been the most dominate run blocking LT in the NFL for a decade.

I wasnt doubting his ability, although he is in part a product of his system well partly anyway, just against 2 young LT's one of which was a probowler the other wearing a Bills uni (which to some makes him better than anyone) he was in a losing battle from the start.

Besides half the posters here probably couldnt tell you where Lepsis even plays.

The King
11-29-2007, 03:19 PM
Besides half the posters here probably couldnt tell you where Lepsis even plays.

Thats how its gonna go with the lineman though. I thought Brees wouldve kicked Romo and Bens ass too. So goes to show what I know.

YardRat
11-29-2007, 07:14 PM
Peters hasn't been consistent enough to work his way into 'elite' status, and Lepsis is older.

I'm guessing that the rest of the o-line picks aren't going to 'gel' with the scheme Lepsis plays either, so I'm going with Brown.

Ickybaluky
11-30-2007, 10:08 AM
I refuse to have any part in a thread that mentions Tony Romo's heaving balls.

The King
11-30-2007, 10:33 AM
YOu just did.