PDA

View Full Version : BB.com lists the various mock draft picks...

Tatonka
03-30-2003, 11:58 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/index.cfm?cont_id=172614

2003 NFL Draft: Mock Draft Picks
Majority has Bills projected to draft on the defensive side

The NFL Draft is scheduled for April 26 & 27th. That doesn't mean it's too early to take a look at some projections for the Bills. Buffalobills.com has searched the internet and flipped through numerous draft publications to compile a list of mock draft picks for the Buffalo Bills.

Draft Expert 1st Round 2nd Round
About.com DT Rien Long (Washington State)
All Pro Scouting Service WR Taylor Jacobs (Florida)
Ask the Commish DT Rien Long (Washington State) CB Sammy Davis (Texas A&M)
Brain Stevensons DE Corey Redding (Texas)
Draftbook DT Ty Warren (Texas A&M)
Fantasy Insights DT Kenny Peterson (Ohio State)
goTitans.com DE Michael Haynes (Penn State)
Great Blue North DE Michael Haynes (Penn State) SS Troy Polamalu (So. California)
Huddle Report (Lindsay) DT Kenny Peterson (Ohio State)
Huddle Report (Esch) WR Bryant Johnson (Penn State)
Mr. Hydes Draft Central DT Rien Long (Washington State) DE Dewayne White (Louisville)
NFL Draft Blitz DT Kevin Williams (Oklahoma State) WR Brandon Lloyd (Illinois)
NFL Draft Countdown DT Ty Warren (Texas A&M)
NFL Draft Showcase DT Kenny Peterson (Ohio State)
Robis Scouting DE Michael Haynes (Penn State) CB Dennis Weathersby (Oregon State)
SI.com DT Ty Warren (Texas A&M)
SportzNutz.com CB Dennis Weathersby (Oregon State)

*Mock Draft results are updated periodically

Romes
03-31-2003, 12:00 AM
Overwhelming majority went DL. I wonder if they were last updated before the Adams signing.

Tatonka
03-31-2003, 12:09 AM
who knows.. i dont think it will hurt to go DL though.. with adams and pat at 30 and 31.. groom the back up.. plus.. i dont want our whole run defense to go down if one of the big dogs gets hurt..

and possibly look at a pass rushing DT (like long) for situational pass rush stuff..

who knows.. i dont think any of us are gonna predict exactly what TD is gonna do.. i dont know that TD knows what he is gonna do.. someone great may fall.. someone may offer a great deal.. who knows..

man, the excitement of the draft just consumes me.. i think about it all the time starting about this time up until the draft days

Romes
03-31-2003, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
dont think it will hurt to go DL though.. with adams and pat at 30 and 31.. groom the back up.. plus.. i dont want our whole run defense to go down if one of the big dogs gets hurt..

I agree but you could say that about almost any positon.

- Our back up LB's are thin no one besides Polk and Spoon. Maybe a guy to push Posey in case he was a one year wonder.
- We could draft a FS to groom behind Reese or PP this year who could start mid-season or next year
- We could draft a CB to compete with Kevin Thomas and possibly be there just in case Winfield does leave next year.
- We could add depth at DE just in case Jones doesn't get past his injury. Also, McKenzie and Jones aren't exactly young. Draft a guy to groom.
- At WR we could still use a 4th WR/KR possibly someone to push shaw that could replace him after mid-season
- All our TE's are blocking TE. We might want to draft a playmaking TE if he is there.
- OL we could draft Faine to play C maybe by midseason or next year. Or even draft for depth at this position. Besides Price there is very little depth here.

Only 3 positions I would be very shocked at if we picked in the 1st round QB, RB, SS.

That being said my order of importance would be.

1) DE
2) CB
3) OL
4) FS
5) WR
6) TE
7) LB
8) DT

But all of those are really close in my book. Since we are drafting for depth at each one its pretty much a toss up.

Originally posted by Tatonka
and possibly look at a pass rushing DT (like long) for situational pass rush stuff..

Marcus Jones has experience doing that. It seems logical that MJ will be lined up at DT there and either Posey will put his hand down or they bring in McKenzie to rush from the end.

But you are right. This year will be exciting because it is so unpredicatble.

But I can tell you exactly what TD will do. LOG has been saying it for months but after our FA signing I finally see it happening. We will draft best player available. The player expected to go top 15 that slips to us will be ours. I know that isn't a concrete answer but that is how I see it unfolding.

BTW, good job diggin up these old scouting reports they are very interesting.

lordofgun
03-31-2003, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by Romes
But I can tell you exactly what TD will do. LOG has been saying it for months but after our FA signing I finally see it happening. We will draft best player available. The player expected to go top 15 that slips to us will be ours. I know that isn't a concrete answer but that is how I see it unfolding.

:bravo:

lunatic_bills_fan
03-31-2003, 04:30 AM
Yeah Romes, I think you said it all when you listed all our needs and said how close they are. The fact that depth will not hurt us at any position you mentioned, will allow us to go with best player available.