PDA

View Full Version : Fletcher Revists Contract talks

circlethewagons
11-29-2007, 04:15 PM
Interesting read from Chris Brown... Good to see he doesnt have any hard feelings, I always liked the guy

FLETCHER REVISITS CONTRACT TALKS: On the weekly conference call London Fletcher was asked why he thought the Bills did not try to re-sign him. Fletcher corrected the person's phrasing of the question.
"That wasn't accurate for me to say that they didn't try to re-sign me," said Fletcher. "They did try to re-sign me. They offered me a contract extension prior to the season. They offered me one before free agency. They offered me a contract once free agency started, for me to say that they didn't try to re-sign me, that's not totally accurate. Now whether we could meet the right number, those are different things, but they did try to re-sign me."

When Fletcher says number he means number of years. At 32 I don't know that the Bills were prepared to sign him to a contract that wouldn't expire until he was 37. That's what Washington did.

Fletcher also said he has no hard feelings toward the Bills.

"I left there pretty much on good terms," he said. "It wasn't like when I left S<st1:place w:st="on"><st1:city w:st="on">t. Louis</st1:city></st1:place>. When I left S<st1:place w:st="on"><st1:city w:st="on">t. Louis</st1:city></st1:place>, I had some hard feelings toward the Rams. Leaving buffalo wasn't hard feelings at all. I made a business decision. ... we weren't able to come together in terms of a contract. But I think where I was at in my career and what I was looking for, it was just the right decision that I made to move on. There's no hard feelings at all. I actually talked to coach Jauron and Jim Overdorf after I signed with the redskins so there were no hard feelings at all."

To hear his entire conference call just go to the podcast page (http://www.buffalobills.com/podcast/index.xml) at Buffalobills.com and click on the London Fletcher mp3 file.

http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?blogger_id=1

Mitchy moo
11-29-2007, 04:26 PM
Even when he is not here he is so honest, it's real tough to "character" guys like that.

Jeff1220
11-29-2007, 06:14 PM
Class.

clumping platelets
11-29-2007, 11:11 PM
I wish him nothing but the best after we win...........classy guy

RockStar36
11-29-2007, 11:31 PM
Yeah, he was a workhorse and a classy guy.

It's a shame he spent a portion of his career in Buffalo wasting away.

Saratoga Slim
11-30-2007, 09:16 AM
I miss LF. And I'm glad to see that we did in fact try to resign him--I was previously under the impression that we just let him walk. I do understand our decision not to give him a large, long term contract at his age, however I'm glad to see he found a place that would.

Jan Reimers
11-30-2007, 09:37 AM
Good guy who had started to decline. That's the right time to let a player go.

Johnny Bugmenot
11-30-2007, 12:55 PM
Good man, but an overrated stat padder. Sure he could rack up 200 tackles in a season-- 5 or 10 yards downfield.

Now that he's gone we've finally started to make some modest progress on run-stuffing, especially up the middle. With John friggin' Digiorgio of all people.

Good riddance.

billsburgh
11-30-2007, 06:06 PM
cant fault the guy for doing what's best for him and his family. I always liked him as a player when he was here but has there really been much of a difference from him and Poz/Digi this year? not really.