PDA

View Full Version : I think I figured out Losman...

jamze132
11-30-2007, 04:07 AM
I think I figureed out Losman's future in the NFL. What has he been semi-good at since he came into the NFL? He has been ok at coming off the bench to replace the injured starting QB. When he knows he is the starting QB all week, he thinks too much and forgets to correct all his mistakes. But when he is all of the sudden thrown into the game, he seems to play a little better, IMO. So basically he is a mental wreck.

Obviously as the rest of the game goes on, his bad habits start to return. So he might be a decent back-up to hang onto incase Edwards or whoever our QB is next year goes down for a series or two. Anything longer than that, you risk throwing the game away... just my opinion.

Ebenezer
11-30-2007, 04:26 AM
he's done in Buffalo....move on already.

Night Train
11-30-2007, 04:29 AM
Nothing wrong with that thinking. Keep him as the backup through 2008,when his contract expires. When you see Vinnie Testaverde being brought back from the assisted living facility, you can probably guess that QB's are at a premium these days.

We have far too many other issues, such as DT,#2WR, C, etc. to worry about...in addition to quality coaching.

hurls
11-30-2007, 04:30 AM
Ya, you think they want a multi-million dollar baby backing up? He's as good as gone.

don137
11-30-2007, 07:49 AM
His future will be getting traded somewhere this off season to see if he can be a starter. He will fail again and then get cut or become a free agent after next season and sign somewhere to become a backup. He will last a year or two and then be out of the league.

mybills
11-30-2007, 07:54 AM
His future will be getting traded somewhere this off season to see if he can be a starter. He will end up with a coach that builds off of his strengths and does not try to put a square peg in a round hole.

Or

He and the Bills will rework his contract to keep him as a back up for less money.

Tatonka
11-30-2007, 09:58 AM
i think he will end up being a jon kitna type guy at this point..

kitna was a average to bad starter for seattle when drafted. then bounced around for a minute.. then as he got older and matured and learned, he turned into a slightly above average guy that no one would still have any faith in when it counted.

dannyek71
11-30-2007, 10:46 AM
see joey harrington/David Carr

Oaf
11-30-2007, 12:36 PM
That's actually similar to what Holcomb was in Cleveland. A mediocre starter, but a backup who could come in at a moments notice and light it up for a game or three.