PDA

View Full Version : "That's how dumb we are as coaches"

Kerr
11-30-2007, 11:06 AM
Kudos to you Steve. At least you acknowledge it. Tell us something we don't already know. :up:

Jauron announced Wednesday that he wasn't optimistic about Lynch being able to play, and on Thursday he said Thomas' leg injury will most likely keep him out of action as well.

Pressed into his most extensive duty last week in Jacksonville after Thomas was hurt in the second half, Jackson rushed five times for 18 yards including one impressive one-yard gain that converted a fourth down in the third quarter, and caught five passes for 47 yards during Buffalo's loss to the Jaguars.

"He did it when it counted, and he's such a great kid so it was nice to see," Fairchild said. "That's how dumb we are as coaches, sometimes it has to happen in a game to believe it, but he's always done a nice job whenever we've asked him to do anything. I'm glad he came through and he should get more of an opportunity now.''

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071130/SPORTS03/711300351/1021

Scumbag College
11-30-2007, 11:24 AM
A dumb Bills coach? Nahhhhh

Mitchy moo
11-30-2007, 11:33 AM
Self assessment is the first step to growing, I just hope he grows at a college.

cocamide
11-30-2007, 11:45 AM
"... sometimes it has to happen in a game to believe it, ..."

I guess he didn't watch the preseason games.

HHURRICANE
11-30-2007, 12:13 PM

My God is that scary.

Oaf
11-30-2007, 12:32 PM
Same story with Greer. You have to wonder why the coaches didn't see them and give them an opportunity far earlier.

billsburgh
11-30-2007, 05:52 PM
the coaches must really believe that the preseason games are meaningless.

The Answer
11-30-2007, 05:54 PM
Kudos to you Steve. At least you acknowledge it. Tell us something we don't already know. :up:

Jauron announced Wednesday that he wasn't optimistic about Lynch being able to play, and on Thursday he said Thomas' leg injury will most likely keep him out of action as well.

Pressed into his most extensive duty last week in Jacksonville after Thomas was hurt in the second half, Jackson rushed five times for 18 yards including one impressive one-yard gain that converted a fourth down in the third quarter, and caught five passes for 47 yards during Buffalo's loss to the Jaguars.

"He did it when it counted, and he's such a great kid so it was nice to see," Fairchild said. "That's how dumb we are as coaches, sometimes it has to happen in a game to believe it, but he's always done a nice job whenever we've asked him to do anything. I'm glad he came through and he should get more of an opportunity now.''

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071130/SPORTS03/711300351/1021

Just hope this clown is fired after the season is over and we get a real offensive minded guy or it will hinder Edwards development.

~The Answer

YardRat
11-30-2007, 06:14 PM
I usually stick up for the staff to a certain point, but even I will admit that especially this year their ability to put the best player in the starting line-up has been questionable.