• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • raphael120
    Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
    • Oct 2005

Is Our Conditioning Coach a Bum?

Pulled hammies, etc...is this just a freak occurance or do you think this has something to do with the conditioning coaches on this team?

Chalk up to advising Schobel to lose all that weight, our DT's and DE's playing very sparingly because of being winded.

Never heard of a team that shells out so much money to rotational DE's that are only on the field half of the game.

With all the talk of Fairchild being a bum and everything, I really have no confidence in even the lesser coaches like conditioning, Oline, WR's, QB coaches...

If we can't afford to bring in the right head coaches, what makes you think that the people in charge are competent enough to hire the right coaches underneath those in charge?

We know how to shut down TO in one game, and then we can't cover Moss worth a crap? Fewell is very shaky to me also. It just baffles me how teams like the Eagles and what not can throw in AJ Feely, put up great stats, their D-coordinator comes up with a gameplan to shut down Moss, but we cant? I mean, the Eagles are not known as being a great D.

Even when we had all our starters in in the very beginning of the season, we stunk and played the same way on D.

BTW, can we all just come to the realization that it's now becoming VERY obvious that we have a LB that was undrafted and also a LB that was picked in the 6th round. They sure are playing like the backups that they should be. And Crowell is making some very bad decisions too.

For all of those that are confident with a Crowell, Poz, Ellison LB corp next year, you're crazy. Even Crowell, Poz, DiGiorgio doesnt even look too promising.
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Re: Is Our Conditioning Coach a Bum?

Yes. I almost posted the same thing. I also blame Jauron for the extra light pre-season which didn't get us into football shape.

Comment

• Michael82
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
      Yes. I almost posted the same thing. I also blame Jauron for the extra light pre-season which didn't get us into football shape.
      I think that right there is the biggest factor. Face it. We only had 3 2 a days and they were only on the first few days of practice. After that, it was one practice a day and a light, boring practice at that. I thought and will continue to say that it reminded me of Club Marv, but better. It was like a retreat/vacation with a little bit of hitting for the players. Club Dick.

Comment

• NorthCarBills
        • Jan 2006

Can we somehow use this thread as a springboard to start the "midget trainer" jokes again?

Comment

• raphael120
          • Oct 2005

Originally posted by NorthCarBills
          Can we somehow use this thread as a springboard to start the "midget trainer" jokes again?
          You must be -this- tall to coach the Buffalo Bills.

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by raphael120
            Even Crowell, Poz, DiGiorgio doesnt even look too promising.
            that's your opinion.
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

For all of those that are confident with a Crowell, Poz, Ellison LB corp next year, you're crazy. Even Crowell, Poz, DiGiorgio doesnt even look too promising.
              oh, no, now you did it. You dissed DiGiorgio and Ellison- now all the apologists will come out of the woodwork.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• hydro
                • Oct 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                that's your opinion.
                It's Captain Obvious everyone!
                BERNIAC!

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                  My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                  • Apr 2004

You guys are really reaching for places to lay blame. If I was a judge of the conditioning of this team, I would say that the Miami game was an example of how resilient the defensive players are. The continued to play good defense into the 4th quarter even though our offense could not get a first down to save their lives. The defense was out there for an ungodly amount of time and stopped Miami on 4th down to preserve the win.

Is there any information out there that explains Schobel's weight loss? I wonder about his internal health.

You do realize that our defensive backfield is a bit thin on talent right now, right? And you also recognize that Philly's defensive back field is far superior to ours, right? Did double and triple coverage on Moss make a difference? No. Wes Welker and Jabbar Gaffney burned Philly. Brian Dawkins is a better DB than anyone we have by far and he was all over Moss, all game long. Kudos to him. (That "Weapon X" crap is still stupid). The only thing that kept Philly in that game was good execution from their backup QB and a good running game. I mean, Feeley stood up in the pocket and delivered strikes knowing he was going to take a thumping. Good stuff....kudos to him.

The lack of execution by our players is evident. That we have 5 wins despite this, lends itself to a coaching staff that is prepared. Is the coaching staff perfect and without blame? Of course not, but they are not the sole source of this team's lack of potency by a long-shot. Talent-wise, we are no better (mostly because of our injury woes) than the Dolphins and Jets, and we are probably less talented than Cincinnati, and Baltimore. Mangini, Marvin Lewis, and Billick have all been recognized as good NFL coaches at some point. Right now, I'd pick Jauron over those guys in a heartbeat.

Comment

• djjimkelly
                    • Apr 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
                    oh, no, now you did it. You dissed DiGiorgio and Ellison- now all the apologists will come out of the woodwork.

digirgio and ellison both blow

thats why i have QB, WR, CB, LB as our biggest needs. sadly the other spots i have listed are WAY BIGGER NEEDS!!!

Comment

• raphael120
                      • Oct 2005

Originally posted by andyxc71
                      You guys are really reaching for places to lay blame. If I was a judge of the conditioning of this team, I would say that the Miami game was an example of how resilient the defensive players are. The continued to play good defense into the 4th quarter even though our offense could not get a first down to save their lives. The defense was out there for an ungodly amount of time and stopped Miami on 4th down to preserve the win.

Is there any information out there that explains Schobel's weight loss? I wonder about his internal health.

You do realize that our defensive backfield is a bit thin on talent right now, right? And you also recognize that Philly's defensive back field is far superior to ours, right? Did double and triple coverage on Moss make a difference? No. Wes Welker and Jabbar Gaffney burned Philly. Brian Dawkins is a better DB than anyone we have by far and he was all over Moss, all game long. Kudos to him. (That "Weapon X" crap is still stupid). The only thing that kept Philly in that game was good execution from their backup QB and a good running game. I mean, Feeley stood up in the pocket and delivered strikes knowing he was going to take a thumping. Good stuff....kudos to him.

The lack of execution by our players is evident. That we have 5 wins despite this, lends itself to a coaching staff that is prepared. Is the coaching staff perfect and without blame? Of course not, but they are not the sole source of this team's lack of potency by a long-shot. Talent-wise, we are no better (mostly because of our injury woes) than the Dolphins and Jets, and we are probably less talented than Cincinnati, and Baltimore. Mangini, Marvin Lewis, and Billick have all been recognized as good NFL coaches at some point. Right now, I'd pick Jauron over those guys in a heartbeat.
                      When did we, AT ALL, have double/triple coverage on Moss!?!?! Everytime I saw Moss get a huge gain he was WIDE OPEN! It's not that we had him blanketed in coverage and Moss just made a big play, but a defender was NO WHERE to be found when he caught the ball! 4 TD's! FOUR! Insane!

I think you can chalk most of those wins to not good coaching by our coaches, but just the other teams coaching being even DUMBER than ours. Not once did I ever think after a win "Wow, our coach had a really good gameplan and we outcoached the other team"

And do you think Schobel has a fricken tape worm or somethin? He was probably advised to lose the weight by a coach so he could be "quicker, better, faster" yet all he is is ineffective.

9 team sacks all season. Most teams have a single player with 9 sacks.

Just sad.

Comment

• raphael120
                        • Oct 2005

that's your opinion.
                        My other opinion is that you have a hard on for Ellison for whatever reason.

I swear, some fans would make up excuses for Hitler if he was a buffalo bill.

Comment

• Philagape
                          WIN NOW
                          • Jul 2002

Conditioning has been an issue since Rusty Jones was let go.
                          "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                          2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

My other opinion is that you have a hard on for Ellison for whatever reason.

I swear, some fans would make up excuses for Hitler if he was a buffalo bill.
                            my opinion is that you are blind or can't read.I made no mention of Ellison.
                            sacrifice1
                            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• raphael120
                              • Oct 2005

my opinion is that you are blind or can't read.I made no mention of Ellison.
                              In past posts before the season began you were high on Ellison.

Comment

Working...
                              X