PDA

View Full Version : Three things that I took from the most recent TE PC

jpdex12
11-30-2007, 01:39 PM
I'll admit I am glad that we are reparing to watch possibly the future at QB for the Bills this Sunday. I have seen enough from him in four starts compared to 31 starts from JP to know what the rest of us do. So naturally this will come across as a biased assessment from TE's most recent PC.

1-He made mention to a book that he is reading written by Tony Dungy and he referenced a quote about winning teams being perfect at the common nuances of the game and that is what Buffalo needs to learn. I am glad to know that a 24 year old rookie like he is reading books as one of the things to make himself better rather then not taking his opportunity seriously.

2-He mentioned that he has to be careful not to stare down his received and to read through his progressions. It made me wonder if he had a conversation with our coaches about them not wanting him to fall into a bad habit that JP could not break.

3-He is not afraid to fire back at the media already! When asked about the pressure that is on him this weekend he stated "what pressure? from the media" LMAO. I like this kid and his demeanor.

If he learns to be aggressive at making a good decision on which player to throw the ball to and fire it to the target like Romo has in his short tenure then we are finally going to have our future solidified at the QB position because he has the mentality already to get the job done. The rest will hopefully come with some experience.

justasportsfan
11-30-2007, 01:46 PM
I'll admit I am glad that we are reparing to watch possibly the future at QB for the Bills this Sunday. I have seen enough from him in four starts compared to 31 starts from JP to know what the rest of us do. So naturally this will come across as a biased assessment from TE's most recent PC.

1-He made mention to a book that he is reading written by Tony Dungy and he referenced a quote about winning teams being perfect at the common nuances of the game and that is what Buffalo needs to learn. I am glad to know that a 24 year old rookie like he is reading books as one of the things to make himself better rather then not taking his opportunity seriously.

2-He mentioned that he has to be careful not to stare down his received and to read through his progressions. It made me wonder if he had a conversation with our coaches about them not wanting him to fall into a bad habit that JP could not break.

3-He is not afraid to fire back at the media already! When asked about the pressure that is on him this weekend he stated "what pressure? from the media" LMAO. I like this kid and his demeanor.

If he learns to be aggressive at making a good decision on which player to throw the ball to and fire it to the target like Romo has in his short tenure then we are finally going to have our future solidified at the QB position because he has the mentality already to get the job done. The rest will hopefully come with some experience.

Pffft. Dungy couldn't hold Yoda's jock if he tried.

Mudflap1
11-30-2007, 01:49 PM
People started about 10,000 threads on here saying the same thing when J.P. was getting his first starts - "he sounds like a winner", "next Jimbo, Favre, etc.", "I really like how this kid has a good head on his shoulders" blah blah blah. Who cares? Can he read a defense and make some throws that lead to points which leads to winning? That's all I'm interested in.

Forward_Lateral
11-30-2007, 02:00 PM
People started about 10,000 threads on here saying the same thing when J.P. was getting his first starts - "he sounds like a winner", "next Jimbo, Favre, etc.", "I really like how this kid has a good head on his shoulders" blah blah blah. Who cares? Can he read a defense and make some throws that lead to points which leads to winning? That's all I'm interested in.

For the record, I never once thought any of those things about Losman. He does not come across anywhere near the way Edwards does. I'm not saying this because I dislike Losman, I'm just saying.

justasportsfan
11-30-2007, 02:02 PM
For the record, I never once thought any of those things about Losman. He does not come across anywhere near the way Edwards does. I'm not saying this because I dislike Losman, I'm just saying.
JP loves to yap.

raphael120
11-30-2007, 03:08 PM
JP loves to yap.

JP loves shopping, buying hair products, and watching America's Top Model

Mr. Miyagi
11-30-2007, 03:17 PM
I agree.

JP read some book about imagining success and winning attitude, something like that.

JP took the game seriously, stayed in Buffalo in the offseason, studied film, etc.

JP displayed signs of being a leader, hanging the the OL players, etc.

JP fired back at the media at times.

JP did all the same things Edwards has done. It tells me nothing. All that counts is what they do on the field. Show me the wins and I'll be right behind you.

justasportsfan
11-30-2007, 03:26 PM
lame

Mitchy moo
11-30-2007, 03:33 PM
I agree.

JP read some book about imagining success and winning attitude, something like that.

JP took the game seriously, stayed in Buffalo in the offseason, studied film, etc.

JP did all the same things Edwards has done. It tells me nothing. All that counts is what they do on the field. Show me the wins and I'll be right behind you.

3-1 as a starter, there is your wins.

TigerJ
11-30-2007, 03:42 PM
I don't see any reason for attempting to slam JP's character. He seems to be a pretty cool guy who likes Buffalo and did his best to justify being the starter for the Bills. There just seems to be an aspect of his game that is deficient and he has been unable to correct.

I like Trent Edwards, who also seems to be a good guy. He's got a different personality and a different skill set than JP. He has some deficiencies in his game too, but as a rookie you expect that. He should be regarded with some patience when he makes a mistake because he is a rookie, though I confess to hoping he learns really quickly and is ready to begin next season as a fairly polished QB.

Michael82
12-01-2007, 12:50 AM
I agree.

Excellent post! :bf1:

im4bflo
12-01-2007, 01:23 AM
I'm hoping the best for Edwards, because he hasn't shown it yet.

Spiderweb
12-01-2007, 11:48 PM
3-1 as a starter, there is your wins.

............ah, the infamous 3-1 stat. As bogus of a stat as there ever was.
Try 2-2, there'd be more to support it (based on logic and reality).

jpdex12
12-03-2007, 08:43 AM

We didn't score any TD's Sunday, but did TE show that spark you were looking for with a 4th qtr come from behind win?

jpdex12
12-03-2007, 08:45 AM
I agree.

Is a 4-1 start good enough for you? Granted the defense is winning these ball games for us but the defense didn't connect on a 30 yard pass to Reed to get us a gamewinning field goal Sunday.

jpdex12
12-03-2007, 08:50 AM
............ah, the infamous 3-1 stat. As bogus of a stat as there ever was.
Try 2-2, there'd be more to support it (based on logic and reality).

Honestly, why say he's 2-2 when the NFL record books show 4-1? Painting the picture you want is different then the facts that exist.

Why do fans try to deny the obvious? We have a rookie that is 4-1 and he has plenty of adversity from our fan base regarding the 4 year vet that he replaced with a 11-20 record or somehting like that. Really puzzles me! If JP started 4-1 in his career would people have been so quick to lynch him because he replaced Bledsoe or Holcomb? Good god! I am excited to see a new player that gives us more of a spark than the veteran that shows constant inconsistency. No brainer here people!

Mr. Miyagi
12-03-2007, 09:07 AM
Is a 4-1 start good enough for you? Granted the defense is winning these ball games for us but the defense didn't connect on a 30 yard pass to Reed to get us a gamewinning field goal Sunday.
What's with the hostility? I'm by no means anti-Edwards. I support whoever wins games for us. Granted Edwards didn't blow me away yesterday, he managed the game well enough to help us win. So yes I'm on board.

Why does it always have to be you're either a JP guy or a TE guy? Just because I don't hate JP doesn't mean I hate Edwards.

ghz in pittsburgh
12-03-2007, 11:11 AM
Actually his best remark is when they asked him about the 50+ yard pass to Jackson, he replied "let's talk about the pass right before that where I missed a wide open Roscoe on a comeback route".

HHURRICANE
12-03-2007, 11:16 AM
People it's off limits to compare Trent to JP. You are hating on JP and the team.

The fact that Trent is smarter, carries himself better, has looked better in the pocket, won a critical game on the road yesterday, is irrelevant.

This forum is about JP and his future after we mishandled him all 4 years. Go JP. God's speed young man!!

Mudflap1
12-03-2007, 11:19 AM
We didn't score any TD's Sunday, but did TE show that spark you were looking for with a 4th qtr come from behind win?

Trent Edwards did okay. No touchdowns, but he did come up with plays when he had to that were enough to win the game. The pass to Reed was great. He also did not make any costly mistakes, which is important. Let's make no mistake about it though -- there was not much going on in the first half as far as offense goes, and you have to score red zone touchdowns. Freddie Jackson was the offensive MVP yesterday, he was Mr. All-Purpose. If we're going to give anyone credit for the win on offense, it should be Jackson. But Trent was good enough, and, as a rookie, if that leads to a win, I'm happy.

Jon

MarshawnIsDaMan
12-03-2007, 02:16 PM
JP loves to say the word Ummmmmmm alot. Listen to his interviews.

deepslant
12-03-2007, 02:30 PM
Though I dislike WBEN930:

"Quarterback Trent Edwards improved to 4-and-1 as a starter. Jauron can tell Edwards can handle the pressure of being an NFL quarterback."

TE record is 4-1. Let's move on.

im4bflo
12-03-2007, 07:23 PM
Any stat, wins/losses, is a team stat, no one person won or lost an entire game.
Anyone disagreeing, is just sticking to their own opinion, but it's not fact.
Any QB that can't get it into the endzone, would get ripped, why Edwards is
not, is that opinion thing again. Have at it, this is America.
If we had anything better than a 2nd string QB, we may be doing better,
but again, that's just me.
Our D and ST's can take us just so far, it's time for the O to contribute.
With the BEAST back, and Jackson doing very well (just my opinion)
We should give those Fish another SQUISHIN'!