X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jpdex12
    • Jan 2005

Three things that I took from the most recent TE PC

I'll admit I am glad that we are reparing to watch possibly the future at QB for the Bills this Sunday. I have seen enough from him in four starts compared to 31 starts from JP to know what the rest of us do. So naturally this will come across as a biased assessment from TE's most recent PC.

1-He made mention to a book that he is reading written by Tony Dungy and he referenced a quote about winning teams being perfect at the common nuances of the game and that is what Buffalo needs to learn. I am glad to know that a 24 year old rookie like he is reading books as one of the things to make himself better rather then not taking his opportunity seriously.

2-He mentioned that he has to be careful not to stare down his received and to read through his progressions. It made me wonder if he had a conversation with our coaches about them not wanting him to fall into a bad habit that JP could not break.

3-He is not afraid to fire back at the media already! When asked about the pressure that is on him this weekend he stated "what pressure? from the media" LMAO. I like this kid and his demeanor.

If he learns to be aggressive at making a good decision on which player to throw the ball to and fire it to the target like Romo has in his short tenure then we are finally going to have our future solidified at the QB position because he has the mentality already to get the job done. The rest will hopefully come with some experience.
    Where else would you rather be than right here right now?
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: Three things that I took from the most recent TE PC

Originally posted by jpdex12
    I'll admit I am glad that we are reparing to watch possibly the future at QB for the Bills this Sunday. I have seen enough from him in four starts compared to 31 starts from JP to know what the rest of us do. So naturally this will come across as a biased assessment from TE's most recent PC.

1-He made mention to a book that he is reading written by Tony Dungy and he referenced a quote about winning teams being perfect at the common nuances of the game and that is what Buffalo needs to learn. I am glad to know that a 24 year old rookie like he is reading books as one of the things to make himself better rather then not taking his opportunity seriously.

2-He mentioned that he has to be careful not to stare down his received and to read through his progressions. It made me wonder if he had a conversation with our coaches about them not wanting him to fall into a bad habit that JP could not break.

3-He is not afraid to fire back at the media already! When asked about the pressure that is on him this weekend he stated "what pressure? from the media" LMAO. I like this kid and his demeanor.

If he learns to be aggressive at making a good decision on which player to throw the ball to and fire it to the target like Romo has in his short tenure then we are finally going to have our future solidified at the QB position because he has the mentality already to get the job done. The rest will hopefully come with some experience.

Pffft. Dungy couldn't hold Yoda's jock if he tried.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Mudflap1
      Next Question!
      • Nov 2004

People started about 10,000 threads on here saying the same thing when J.P. was getting his first starts - "he sounds like a winner", "next Jimbo, Favre, etc.", "I really like how this kid has a good head on his shoulders" blah blah blah. Who cares? Can he read a defense and make some throws that lead to points which leads to winning? That's all I'm interested in.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Mudflap1
        People started about 10,000 threads on here saying the same thing when J.P. was getting his first starts - "he sounds like a winner", "next Jimbo, Favre, etc.", "I really like how this kid has a good head on his shoulders" blah blah blah. Who cares? Can he read a defense and make some throws that lead to points which leads to winning? That's all I'm interested in.
        For the record, I never once thought any of those things about Losman. He does not come across anywhere near the way Edwards does. I'm not saying this because I dislike Losman, I'm just saying.

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
          For the record, I never once thought any of those things about Losman. He does not come across anywhere near the way Edwards does. I'm not saying this because I dislike Losman, I'm just saying.
          JP loves to yap.
          sacrifice1

Comment

• raphael120
            Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
            • Oct 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan
            JP loves to yap.
            JP loves shopping, buying hair products, and watching America's Top Model

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
              Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

I agree.

JP read some book about imagining success and winning attitude, something like that.

JP took the game seriously, stayed in Buffalo in the offseason, studied film, etc.

JP displayed signs of being a leader, hanging the the OL players, etc.

JP fired back at the media at times.

JP did all the same things Edwards has done. It tells me nothing. All that counts is what they do on the field. Show me the wins and I'll be right behind you.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by raphael120
                JP loves shopping, buying hair products, and watching America's Top Model
                lame
                sacrifice1

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                  Roways rooking ahread!
                  • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
                  I agree.

JP read some book about imagining success and winning attitude, something like that.

JP took the game seriously, stayed in Buffalo in the offseason, studied film, etc.

JP did all the same things Edwards has done. It tells me nothing. All that counts is what they do on the field. Show me the wins and I'll be right behind you.
                  3-1 as a starter, there is your wins.

Comment

• TigerJ
                    • Jul 2002

I don't see any reason for attempting to slam JP's character. He seems to be a pretty cool guy who likes Buffalo and did his best to justify being the starter for the Bills. There just seems to be an aspect of his game that is deficient and he has been unable to correct.

I like Trent Edwards, who also seems to be a good guy. He's got a different personality and a different skill set than JP. He has some deficiencies in his game too, but as a rookie you expect that. He should be regarded with some patience when he makes a mistake because he is a rookie, though I confess to hoping he learns really quickly and is ready to begin next season as a fairly polished QB.
                    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Michael82
                      • Jul 2002

I agree.

Excellent post!

Comment

• im4bflo
                        the EPITOMY of PATHETIC
                        • Sep 2003

I'm hoping the best for Edwards, because he hasn't shown it yet.

Comment

• Spiderweb
                          ....formerly OhBF
                          • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Skooby
                          3-1 as a starter, there is your wins.

............ah, the infamous 3-1 stat. As bogus of a stat as there ever was.
                          Try 2-2, there'd be more to support it (based on logic and reality).
                          Spiderweb

Need a Hero? Try looking within your
                          own family. You might be surprised.

Comment

• jpdex12
                            • Jan 2005

We didn't score any TD's Sunday, but did TE show that spark you were looking for with a 4th qtr come from behind win?

Comment

• jpdex12
                              • Jan 2005

I agree.

Is a 4-1 start good enough for you? Granted the defense is winning these ball games for us but the defense didn't connect on a 30 yard pass to Reed to get us a gamewinning field goal Sunday.

Comment

Working...
                              X