PDA

View Full Version : I'm totally over the JP thing... BUT HEY DICK!!!

Yasgur's Farm
11-30-2007, 05:34 PM
How about customizing your system to the strengths of the talent you have on hand?

Example...

Schoebel at 242 pounds is more suited at OLB... While Hargrove at 271 would go a long way towards plugging the 8.7 yards per run attempt to the right side.

YardRat
11-30-2007, 05:40 PM
You should get over the Dick thing, also.

Yasgur's Farm
11-30-2007, 05:42 PM
Is 8.7 yards per attemt acceptable to you?

YardRat
11-30-2007, 05:47 PM
Is Schobel the only player that stat applies to? Do you know if the stat is consistent with whoever is lining up at RE? What's the average for when Schobel is in the line-up as opposed to someone else? Who's lining up at LB or DT or corner? Does safety support factor in anywhere?

Yasgur's Farm
11-30-2007, 05:50 PM
Isn't Schobel predominantly lined up on the right side?

Novacane
11-30-2007, 06:06 PM
If you were over the JP thing you would not of mentioned him in your title :rolleyes:

YardRat
11-30-2007, 06:11 PM
Isn't Schobel predominantly lined up on the right side?

What's the breakdown for when he's in there as opposed to when he's not?

RockStar36
11-30-2007, 06:12 PM
I wouldn't just blame Schobel for that seeing that he is basically on and off the field for what seems to be every other play.

Yasgur's Farm
11-30-2007, 06:12 PM
If you were over the JP thing you would not of mentioned him in your title :rolleyes:Nice diversion... Does that have anything to do with the facts of this thread?

Novacane
12-01-2007, 07:45 AM
Nice diversion... Does that have anything to do with the facts of this thread?

Shoebel has played his eniter career at DE. He belongs where he's playing. This thread was only started to insinuate Dick did not "customize the system" to Jp's strength. Otherwise why even metion JP in your thread. You're easy to see through.

YardRat
12-01-2007, 08:20 AM
Is 8.7 yards per attemt acceptable to you?

These runs are from the perspective of the OFFENSE, so a run listed as LEFT TACKLE is actually at the RIGHT defensive end.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/dl.php

Your stats are being perceived backwards. That's the Kelsay/Denney end people are running on. Schobel's side is #1 in the league.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Jan Reimers
12-01-2007, 08:58 AM
How about customizing your system to the strengths of the talent you have on hand?
I think the insertion of Edwards is a step in that direction. He should do much better with Fairchild's ultra-conservative game plans.

Yasgur's Farm
12-01-2007, 08:59 AM
These runs are from the perspective of the OFFENSE, so a run listed as LEFT TACKLE is actually at the RIGHT defensive end.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/dl.php

Your stats are being perceived backwards. That's the Kelsay/Denney end people are running on. Schobel's side is #1 in the league.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->No sir.

<table class="stats" border="1" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td colspan="2" bgcolor="#cccccc">LEFT END</td> <td colspan="2">LEFT TACKLE</td> <td colspan="2" bgcolor="#cccccc">MID/GUARD</td> <td colspan="2">RIGHT TACKLE</td> <td colspan="2" bgcolor="#cccccc">RIGHT END</td></tr></tbody></table>
----Kelsay----------Triplett----------Williams----------Schobel----

Defensive stats are described from the perspective of the defense... Likewise offensive stats are from the perspective of the offense. :fishy:

YardRat
12-01-2007, 09:30 AM
No sir.

<TABLE class=stats cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 border=1><TBODY><TR><TD bgColor=#cccccc colSpan=2>LEFT END</TD><TD colSpan=2>LEFT TACKLE</TD><TD bgColor=#cccccc colSpan=2>MID/GUARD</TD><TD colSpan=2>RIGHT TACKLE</TD><TD bgColor=#cccccc colSpan=2>RIGHT END</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
----Kelsay----------Triplett----------Williams----------Schobel----

Defensive stats are described from the perspective of the defense... Likewise offensive stats are from the perspective of the offense. :fishy:

The part of my post in italics is directly from the website, not my own words....

If you have an issue with that, I guess you'll have to take it up with them.

Yasgur's Farm
12-01-2007, 09:48 AM
IC