PDA

View Full Version : 4 arrested for murdering Sean Taylor

Coach Sal
11-30-2007, 07:43 PM
4 males between 17 and 20, all from Ft. Myers (just down the road from me, btw).

Police say they are confident they have a solid case and have the gunman.

LtFinFan66
11-30-2007, 07:45 PM
I hope they do:up:

Coach Sal
11-30-2007, 07:49 PM
Miami-Dade police arrest four in Taylor's slaying

Nov. 30, 2007
CBSSports.com wire reports

MIAMI -- The Miami-Dade Police Department has arrested four people in connection with the fatal shooting of Washington Redskins star Sean Taylor.
Miami-Dade police department spokeswoman Linda O'Brien identified the men as: Venjah K. Hunte, 20; Eric Rivera Jr., 17; Jason Scott Mitchell, 17; and Charles Kendrick Lee Wardlow, 18.

Taylor died Tuesday, one day after being shot at his home in an affluent Miami suburb during what officials said appeared to be an attempted burglary.

"They were certainly not looking to go there and kill anyone," Miami-Dade police director Robert Parker said. He said authorities had more than one confession but would not elaborate.

AP NEWS
The Associated Press News Service

Copyright 2006-2007, The Associated Press, All Rights Reserved

http://www.cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10504936

njsue
11-30-2007, 07:50 PM
4 males between 17 and 20, all from Ft. Myers (just down the road from me, btw).

Police say they are confident they have a solid case and have the gunman.

The state of 'florida has capital punishment!

:bf1: for the Miami Dade police for their efforts in finding these certified losers.

God Bless sean taylor

M
11-30-2007, 07:52 PM
"They were certainly not looking to go there and kill anyone," Miami-Dade police director Robert Parker said.

Well, that's a moot point now, isn't it. Jerks.

jdbillsfan
11-30-2007, 09:41 PM
Here are pictures.

http://www.myfoxdc.com/myfox/

TigerJ
11-30-2007, 11:39 PM
That's good. It also would seem to dismiss any though that Taylor was involved in shady stuff and the murder was a revenge killing. It's a small consolation, but I'm glad Taylor is starting to look completely innocent.

Scumbag College
11-30-2007, 11:56 PM
Here are pictures.

The guy on the top right hand corner of those pics looks like he would never do anything wrong.

njsue
12-01-2007, 04:10 AM
Teenagers that wasted their lives by robbing and killing. A real shame.

njsue
12-01-2007, 04:12 AM
The guy on the top right hand corner of those pics looks like he would never do anything wrong.

A go with the flow!

hurls
12-01-2007, 04:37 AM

"They were certainly not looking to go there and kill anyone," Miami-Dade police director Robert Parker said. He said authorities had more than one confession but would not elaborate.

I guess you didn't read Coach's post. Then again, he's not the New York Post.

Night Train
12-01-2007, 06:56 AM
Here are pictures.

They were cornered at the library, I'm guessing.

mybills
12-01-2007, 07:18 AM
Personally, I think they should rot in jail for the rest of their lives..for the act, not the intent. The death penalty is the easy way out.

hurls
12-01-2007, 07:32 AM
They were cornered at the library, I'm guessing.

2 of 'em were. The other two were voulunteers for Mitt's Miami campaign vs Rudy.

Damn hit-job!

Kerr
12-01-2007, 10:05 AM
If they weren't looking to kill anyone then they wouldn't have had a gun. Don't tell me self defense because that excuse goes to the victims. Burglars are never victims.

Cntrygal
12-01-2007, 10:12 AM
Personally, I think they should rot in jail for the rest of their lives..for the act, not the intent. The death penalty is the easy way out.

As long as ZERO of my tax dollars went towards feeding, clothing, educating, or medical care.... I don't care if the state drops them into a hole to rot.

But since that doesn't happen - try 'em and if they're guilty, execute them in a TIMELY manner (not 80 years from now!!!!!!!!!!!!)

LtBillsFan66
12-01-2007, 10:50 AM
Here are pictures.

All 4 look guilty to me. No need for a trial IMO.

dannyek71
12-01-2007, 10:51 AM
If they weren't looking to kill anyone then they wouldn't have had a gun. Don't tell me self defense because that excuse goes to the victims. Burglars are never victims.

Agreed. They made the choice to break into a house. So even if Taylor had killed them all, then I stilli wouldnt have felt sorry for them.

If they did it, then may they all rot in jail never to see the light of day again.

dannyek71
12-01-2007, 10:52 AM
But since that doesn't happen - try 'em and if they're guilty, execute them in a TIMELY manner (not 80 years from now!!!!!!!!!!!!)

If I remember facts correclty, I believe that you can house a prisoner for something like 40 years for the cost of putting them to death (mostly due to lawyer costs).

If this is true, and then they did it, I say do whatever is cheapest for the taxpayers and let them rot like the animals they are.

shelby
12-01-2007, 11:01 AM
The age of these kids will work to their advantage. They did something stupid and cruel, but i find it hard to believe the murder of Taylor was premeditated...they didn't even think he'd be at the house.
Not a death penalty offense, imo. Get ready to support these kids for the next decade or two with your tax dollars.

PECKERWOOD
12-01-2007, 12:17 PM
You could see why they pulled the trigger, those boys are scrawny little punks that would have got torn apart by Taylor if they hadn't had that gun. I pretty much want to echo what TigerJ said, it's nice to see that Taylor is coming out of this as purely innocent. Still so unfortunate, I hope kids in similar situations view these punks as an example of what not to do. Lastly, that little ***** in the top right corner looks like a squirrel with his big ass overhang.

Tatonka
12-01-2007, 12:42 PM
so what was the deal with the break in last week and leaving the knife on his bed?

VooDoo80
12-01-2007, 01:07 PM
Bull****. Give all 4 death penalty. Who cares about premeditated. They still killed him. Took a babies father away from him. A wife's husband. And Millions of fans from watching the greatest Safety that we'd ever see. They went into his home with a gun. Cowards shot him when Taylor pulled out the knife. I HOPE ALL 4 die via chair including the 3 that went along with it.

Ultra Chimp 1
12-01-2007, 01:10 PM
All 4 look guilty to me. No need for a trial IMO.

You should be a God.

Meathead
12-01-2007, 01:13 PM
god bless his poor family and friends

i still question his decision to contront them

a. call the cops
b. hide in a closet
c. if necessary shout to them you are there and you are armed

men are conditioned to believe they have to be aggressive to defend themselves and their families. not always. not usually in fact. im sure his family would want him cowering in closets a thousand times before having it turn out the way it did. being a man is sometimes having the brains to not give them a target to shoot at

hurls
12-01-2007, 07:19 PM
From the article on CNN, The four men were expecting to find an unoccupied home, "so murder or shooting someone was not their initial motive," Parker said.

Who cares if it wasn't their initial motive. It was their final move. Why did they bring the gun if they didn't intend to use it?