PDA

View Full Version : How sad is this...Buffalo has run fewest plays in the NFL

shelby
12-01-2007, 06:52 AM
The Buffalo Bills won the time of possession battle in all of the three full games that Trent Edwards played as the starting quarterback this year.
That’s one of the few positive signs the Bills’ offense takes into Sunday’s game against the Washington Redskins.
The Bills’ offensive problems begin with the fact they can’t stay on the field.
The Bills have run the fewest plays in the league this season — just 618 through 11 games, or 56 a game. They’re on pace to run the fewest plays ever by a Bills team in a 16-game season.
So it’s little wonder the Bills are second worst in the NFL in yards gained and fourth worst in points.

full story (http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/billsnfl/story/218909.html)

Night Train
12-01-2007, 06:54 AM
Thank God I drink.

mybills
12-01-2007, 07:16 AM
Thank God I drink.
:roflmao: :hi5:

hurls
12-01-2007, 07:22 AM
Sunday is Trent's 300 yard game. Every Offensive player is going to step it up to support him, from Evans on down. They know this is an emotional game for the Skins, and best thing is to strike quick and often. :gobills:

YardRat
12-01-2007, 07:57 AM
The offense can't score if they don't have the ball.

Jan Reimers
12-01-2007, 08:15 AM
A wildly inconsistent, gunslinging QB and a 'fraidy scared offensive coordinator will do that.

Hopefully, Edwards and Fairchild will mesh better.

LtBillsFan66
12-01-2007, 10:54 AM
The offense can't score if they don't have the ball.

They can't if the go 3 and out either.

dannyek71
12-01-2007, 10:56 AM
when you are down so often, it doesnt make sense to run

MarshawnIsDaMan
12-01-2007, 04:09 PM
We’ve got a little inconsistency at quarterback,” said offensive coordinator Steve Fairchild. “We’re lacking big plays, we’re lacking explosiveness, but we’ve just got to keep pushing our way through it. I see improvement in some areas but it’s just not hitting on all cylinders.” Steve Fairchild

“Our run game — if you don’t look at the stats and just look at it — it’s much improved,” Fairchild said. “But we’re just not able to push you [the defense] off us enough, for a lot of reasons. We haven’t been real consistent at quarterback. That’s one of them. As that improves I think the job that the offensive line is doing will show better.” Steve Fairchild

I wonder who Fairchild thinks is ther reason for the offensive woes.

Mr. Pink
12-01-2007, 06:22 PM
When you go 1-2-3 punt a lot this tends to happen.

chubluv
12-01-2007, 08:12 PM
Freddie Jackson is going to be in slippery beast mode.

TacklingDummy
12-02-2007, 10:55 AM
They ran the least amount of plays last year also.

feelthepain
12-02-2007, 11:48 AM
Sunday is Trent's 300 yard game. Every Offensive player is going to step it up to support him, from Evans on down. They know this is an emotional game for the Skins, and best thing is to strike quick and often. :gobills:

You think the Redskins aren't going to come out at home and step up for Sean? I think the Redskins will win because they will play harder for Sean then the Bills will play for Trent....for obvious reasons!

colin
12-02-2007, 12:01 PM
i really think anyone who ever thought jp would be anything more than the abortion of a qb looks at this, and looks at our production last year.

even if the supporting talent is bad (and considering what lynch has done, evans, and what mcgahee did last year, it could be worse) this is the stat the highlights what a useless write off of a qb jp has always been.

i hope trent is better, but i know jp is a turd