X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • clumping platelets
    • Jun 2024

Clayton's salary cap update for all teams

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.

Bills have $8.074 million according to Mr. Clayton. Eb & I are within $500,000 of that number using estimates for Reese and Adams
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

do the clayton numbers include Adams?? I'd like the official numbers though...I bet that they can still squeeze Ismail and Gary or Gash without a problem...NOW EXTEND WINFIELD!

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• gunzlingr
      • Jul 2002

Titans are $1,110 dollars under! What can they sign with that?!
      You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• Ed
        Dude
        • Sep 2002

how much do they need for rookies?

Comment

• don137
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by gunzlingr
          Titans are $1,110 dollars under! What can they sign with that?!
          Jake Arians

Comment

• Ebenezer
            Give me a minute...
            • Jul 2002

they can draft...rookie signing don't happen until after 6/1...at that point they can cut a guy to sign their first and second rounder. The rest won't count against the top 51 until opening day.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Throne Logic
              Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
              • Aug 2002

How dumb is AZ? They are over $17 Million UNDER the cap, yet they let Boston get away. Jake wasn't going to stay, regardless of their offer. But, jeeze, no wonder they can't win any games.
              Still searching for that offensive rhythm.

Comment

• venis2k1
                Youboty can hope
                • Jul 2002

Boston Didnt want to stay.

Comment

• G. Host
                  Banned
                  • Jul 2002

Neither did Peerless.
                  Boston got his money quick enough and if AZ had been willing to take a chance they could have got something for him. Good for us they didn't.

Originally posted by venis2k1
                  Boston Didnt want to stay.
                  Last edited by G. Host; 03-31-2003, 04:02 PM.

Comment

• JayWood
                    The Professor
                    • Jul 2002

$500,000 off Clump/Eb...come on guys your slippin!!! Just kidding of course, you guys are the best, great job. I agree with a few others lets give AW a contract extension.
                    When you are at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on tight!!!

Comment

• Doc
                      • Dec 2002

Clump: How much do you think the Bills will need to set-aside for signing the rooks? I thought I remember reading $3M, but I can't recall if that was pre- or post-Price trade?

Comment

• itsandthings
                        • Sep 2002

Clayton's numbers don't include Adams, but they do include Reese (he signed for short money). Adams has a $1.375M cap number for 2003, and with him included the Bills have $6,634,965 of cap room using the Top-51 rule.

Gash's signing is also not included in the number, although he is likely signed for barely over minimum and would only take up about $175K of cap room (using the Top-51 rule).

Comment

• Doc
                          • Dec 2002

Are you sure about Clayton's numbers not including Adams'? I can see Gash's, but seeing as how the contract was officially signed 3 days ago, I would expect it to be included.

Comment

• Doc
                            • Dec 2002

Forget my question above (as if you didn't already!) about how much it would take to sign the draftees ($2-2.5M is what I read on "The Salary Cap Zone"). I also think Clayton's number DO reflect Adams' cap hit, since it was 3 days ago that the contract was signed and there was no disclaimer from Clayton about it.

Comment

• clumping platelets

Clayton's numbers include Zach Thomas for Miami but not Adams from the Bills? Hmmmmm.......

Comment

Working...
                              X