PDA

View Full Version : Double E's new mock

X-Era
12-02-2007, 08:02 AM
I think Ive seen enough now to take a decent shot at a mock. Based on the Bills needs and BPA at their picks Im saying the following:

1) Malcolm Kelly- DraftBoy nailed this one. I watched the kids highlight reel on Youtube and hes perfect for us.

2) Xavier Adibi- I like Crowell, I like Pos, the rest leaves a good amount to be desired. The guy makes plays.

3a) Eddie Royal- Another WR? Any team thats 31st in O needs playmakers. This guy is the epitome of a playmaker. He can return like a champ, has fantastic hands, and is very fast. He lacks size which makes a guy like Kelly a necessity. But add in Royal to be the #3 and we are a stronger team. Is it a need if we draft Kelly? no. Could it pay huge dividends if he becomes what I think he will? YES! Roscoe is great but cant be our solid starting #3. Reed just hasnt progressed, and Evans is coming into a contract year. If Evans leaves after next year, we have Kelly and who as our #2? Dont tell me Price, hes just not that good and should be cut IMO.

3b) Colt Brennan- I dont care what system he plays in or what conference, the guy knows how to throw the ball. You dont throw for those yards and TD's without knowing how to throw. JP is as good as gone, whos our #2?

4) D Cromartie (CB Tenn St)- I honestly feel Greer, Webster, and McGee can handle the job. But it never hurts to add corners.

5) Brad Cottam TE (Tenn)- This kid does a bit of everything but at 6' 8" is one hell of a blocker. Did I mention that he can catch and run too.

6a) Jolon Dunbar (ILB Boston College)- Kid makes plays just that simple, very solid against the run.

6b) Barry Booker (DT VT)- Hes just a solid player

7) BPA

Thoughts?

DraftBoy
12-02-2007, 11:33 AM
I think Ive seen enough now to take a decent shot at a mock. Based on the Bills needs and BPA at their picks Im saying the following:

1) Malcolm Kelly- DraftBoy nailed this one. I watched the kids highlight reel on Youtube and hes perfect for us.

2) Xavier Adibi- I like Crowell, I like Pos, the rest leaves a good amount to be desired. The guy makes plays.

3a) Eddie Royal- Another WR? Any team thats 31st in O needs playmakers. This guy is the epitome of a playmaker. He can return like a champ, has fantastic hands, and is very fast. He lacks size which makes a guy like Kelly a necessity. But add in Royal to be the #3 and we are a stronger team. Is it a need if we draft Kelly? no. Could it pay huge dividends if he becomes what I think he will? YES! Roscoe is great but cant be our solid starting #3. Reed just hasnt progressed, and Evans is coming into a contract year. If Evans leaves after next year, we have Kelly and who as our #2? Dont tell me Price, hes just not that good and should be cut IMO.

3b) Colt Brennan- I dont care what system he plays in or what conference, the guy knows how to throw the ball. You dont throw for those yards and TD's without knowing how to throw. JP is as good as gone, whos our #2?

4) D Cromartie (CB Tenn St)- I honestly feel Greer, Webster, and McGee can handle the job. But it never hurts to add corners.

5) Brad Cottam TE (Tenn)- This kid does a bit of everything but at 6' 8" is one hell of a blocker. Did I mention that he can catch and run too.

6a) Jolon Dunbar (ILB Boston College)- Kid makes plays just that simple, very solid against the run.

6b) Barry Booker (DT VT)- Hes just a solid player

7) BPA

Thoughts?

Not bad picks at all, I may want to see us take Bell over Abidi at this point, and maybe Josh Johnson over Colt Brennan but if we can get Rodgers-Cromartie (Devin's guy, he gets the credit for introducing that name) in Rd 4 that would be amazing. One issue is that Cottam is only a Sophmore and not eligible for this draft but he'd be a great pickup. So let me make some suggested changes;

1. Kelly
2. Beau Bell OLB UNLV
3a. Royal
3b. Josh Johnson QB San Diego
4. Croamartie
5. Kellen Davis TE Michigan State
6a. Dunbarr
6b. Kendall Langford DT Hampton
7. Jameel McLain DE Syracuse

With this draft we would need to address OL and DL via FA, signing a guy like Smiley to play OG, and a new starting DT, like Haynesworth.

The Jokeman
12-02-2007, 01:36 PM

Thoughts?
I like some of the ideas you proposed but look at things a little differently. First I like the idea of getting two WRs but not two on day 1, I like the idea of a QB but again not on day 1. So here's my early thoughts. Of course what we do in free agency could significantly change things but here goes.

Round 1: WR Malcom Kelly Oklahoma. He's got the size/speed combination to turn into a great one.

Round 2: TE Dustin Keller Purdue. Back to back years of over 700 yards receiving makes him a viable threat in the passing game.

Round 3A: DT Andre Fluellen Florida State, will replace Larry Tripplett in 2009.

Round 3B: CB Dwight Lowery San Jose State. Adds somes size to the secondary and showed to be a playmaker as a junior. Likely a dime DB as a rookie but has asome upside.

Round 4: OLB Malik Jackson Louisville, could help rush the passer and possibly start in a few years.

Round 5A: QB Blake Mitchell, I'm weary of QBs coached by Steve Spurrier and even more weary of QBs who get benched their senior seasons but I do like how he came off the bench and sparked his team late in the season. At worst a career backup.

Round 5B: WR Mark Bradford Stanford, another WR with size. He had his best season as a sophmore when TE was his QB.

Round 6: TBA

Round 7A: TBA

Round 7B: TBA

PECKERWOOD
12-02-2007, 06:23 PM
I'm no expert at this but here's mine:

1) Keith Rivers, OLB, USC, 6'3, 220lbs ( very cut at 220lbs.. I used to like Connor at this spot but I've since switched to Keith Rivers because I think he is a bigtime playmaker from a bigtime program. )

2) Limas Sweed, WR, Texas, 6'5, 219lbs ( He has struggled with injuries this year but I still think that he is worth a 2nd round pick. He would add tons of size to our wr unit. )

3a) Martin Rucker, TE, Mizzou, 6'6, 255lbs ( Our TE's aren't worth a damn and a specimen like Rucker in the 3rd round is great value. Plus, it's no wonder why he is one of Chase Daniels' favorite targets. )

3b) Dre Moore, DT, Maryland, 6'4, 311lbs ( One thing for sure about Dre Moore is that he is QUICK and he has great burst off the line. He is a good athlete and he is effective at pursuing the ball and occasionally dropping back in coverage as seen by his interception vs Boston College courtesy of Matt Ryan.. )

I would also love to see us address OL and DB on day 2, perhaps even drafting another DT or DE to ensure depth for next season. In order for the Tampa 2 to work, you gotta have pass rush.

If we managed to get Rivers, Sweed and Rucker on day 1 then I think our whole draft alone would be a success.

acattack15
12-02-2007, 06:41 PM
I think WR round 1 is a must, we gotta score TD's on Offense , we need playmakers and ever defenseis keying Evans like crazy!! We need someone opposite him thats not 5 ft 6 165lbs. Roud 2 go LB and round 3's go DB/TE/DT

PECKERWOOD
12-02-2007, 06:49 PM
I think WR round 1 is a must, we gotta score TD's on Offense , we need playmakers and ever defenseis keying Evans like crazy!! We need someone opposite him thats not 5 ft 6 165lbs. Roud 2 go LB and round 3's go DB/TE/DT

I still think that you can find playmakers in round 2. :idunno:

The way I see it, our offense is looking worse than what they are because our defense can't get off the dang field. Just look at todays game, our defense really needs some players who can stuff the run and make plays. I mean, how many 3rd and longs are we going to give up? It's like we can't stop anybody. Besides, look at Sweed and Ruckers their both 6'5 or above, TE would have plenty of large targets to throw to with those two guys on our team.

BlackMetalNinja
12-03-2007, 09:36 AM
I much rather we get an established veteran to back up Edwards if we're serious about sticking with him and making him the man. Drafting another QB only sets up another potential controversy.

DraftBoy
12-03-2007, 10:10 AM
I much rather we get an established veteran to back up Edwards if we're serious about sticking with him and making him the man. Drafting another QB only sets up another potential controversy.

This is how I envision it;
1. Edwards
2. Veteran FA
3. Project Rookie QB (Flecco, Johnson, Santos)

That way we dont have a QB controversy for atleast two years

BlackMetalNinja
12-04-2007, 07:02 AM
This is how I envision it;
1. Edwards
2. Veteran FA
3. Project Rookie QB (Flecco, Johnson, Santos)

That way we dont have a QB controversy for atleast two years

And that I can deal with. I'm just saying with all the other concerns this team has, I don't want them drafting a rookie until sometime late on Day 2, if at all.

DraftBoy
12-04-2007, 07:27 AM
And that I can deal with. I'm just saying with all the other concerns this team has, I don't want them drafting a rookie until sometime late on Day 2, if at all.

Again I cant see why this stigma is this way, just bc we draft a kid in one of the first four rounds does not under any circumstances mean he should be starting next year. Look at Brodie Croyle in KC, 2nd Round pick, been sitting for two years almost finally got a shot this season. Tavaris Jackson was a 2nd Round pick and really needed to sit for two years but was rushed and is just now beginning to show what he can do. Carson Palmer was a 1st Round pick and sat for a full year and look what he's capable of. My ideal QB Prospect is Josh Johnson with our second 3rd Round Pick. He comes out of the University of San Diego (DI-AA) and was the top player there this year, and a Walter Payton Award finalist (DI-AA version of Heisman). He will need 2 years of time just to get acclimated to the games changes and to get his body in NFL shape. But he may be the most skilled QB in the whole draft, he has one of the biggest arms, has good accuracy, and can throw on the run. Not to mention he's a dual threat QB. Last years Walter Payton Award winner QB Ricky Santos (New Hampshire) is a likely 4th or 5th Round pick, but will also need 2 years to be ready for the NFL. Just because we draft a guy in a certain round does not mean he is going to be ready by X, or that he has to play by then. Lets judge the guys based on the merit of their talent and not on the round they were picked in.

BlackMetalNinja
12-04-2007, 08:22 AM
Again I cant see why this stigma is this way, just bc we draft a kid in one of the first four rounds does not under any circumstances mean he should be starting next year. Look at Brodie Croyle in KC, 2nd Round pick, been sitting for two years almost finally got a shot this season. Tavaris Jackson was a 2nd Round pick and really needed to sit for two years but was rushed and is just now beginning to show what he can do. Carson Palmer was a 1st Round pick and sat for a full year and look what he's capable of. My ideal QB Prospect is Josh Johnson with our second 3rd Round Pick. He comes out of the University of San Diego (DI-AA) and was the top player there this year, and a Walter Payton Award finalist (DI-AA version of Heisman). He will need 2 years of time just to get acclimated to the games changes and to get his body in NFL shape. But he may be the most skilled QB in the whole draft, he has one of the biggest arms, has good accuracy, and can throw on the run. Not to mention he's a dual threat QB. Last years Walter Payton Award winner QB Ricky Santos (New Hampshire) is a likely 4th or 5th Round pick, but will also need 2 years to be ready for the NFL. Just because we draft a guy in a certain round does not mean he is going to be ready by X, or that he has to play by then. Lets judge the guys based on the merit of their talent and not on the round they were picked in.

For most teams I'd agree... but this is the Bills and Buffalo fans, you know damn well that the thinking will be if we draft a QB high, he's expected to be the 2nd coming.

DraftBoy
12-04-2007, 08:23 AM
For most teams I'd agree... but this is the Bills and Buffalo fans, you know damn well that the thinking will be if we draft a QB high, he's expected to be the 2nd coming.

Well most fans are idiots sadly