PDA

View Full Version : Bills Beat Skins.. My Rants

patmoran2006
12-02-2007, 03:42 PM
Wow.
Let's start with the obvious.

* If there was ANY lingering doubt about the QB situation, that's over with. Trent Edwards is 4-1 as a starter, with three of those wins coming over top 10 defenses. He is showing WINNER qualities already. I'm not going to recite his passing stats because frankly, I don't give a ****. That game was very "Kelly'ish" to me. He did next to nothing but most the game but made it happen when he HAD TO (and No, I"m not stupid enough to compare Trent to Jimbo I'm just citing an example). Now, Trent didn't play great today. He made a couple of bad throws to open receivers. But God, this guy makes good decisions. He's so smart. Again, let's forget everything else; this is what you got from Trent; ZERO picks and ZERO sacks. Were it not for a couple stupid red zone holding penalties and Royal's fumble, we may have scored more. EDWARDS has a lot to learn; but wow what a promising ****ing start to his career. Years from now, we may be looking back at this game.

I say with no bias that if Losman was starting today, he probably commits 3-4 turnovers and we lose by two touchdowns.

* The offensive line was GREAT today. Not good, great. All that blitzing and they didn't give up a sack. Holes were there for Fred Jackson.

*SPeaking of Jackson. Wow! This guy is great. He deserves more playing time. Forget Dwayne Wright; Lynch and Jackson can become a LETHAL 1-2 punch.

* The front seven, led by Crowell, played GREAT today. Larry Tripplett actually MATTERED. Kyle Williams was solid and Schobel/Denney played good.

* What's up with Scott getting all that pressure? That was nice.

NOw.. Onto a few negatives.

* Robert Royal, if I was Marv Levy I'd leave you at the airport. you ****ing blow. Nice fumble. Nice holding penalty in the red zone on 1st down. Seriously, you suck and what an awful free agent pickup. PLEASE give us a real tight end next offseason; that would be a good weapon for Edwards.

*Ashton Youboty. What is your purpose on this team? You're not even good enough to be a nickel corner? We bring in Leonard and move whitner to the slot. The nickel defense is a DISASTER. Play this guy or send him packing.

*SPeaking of Whitner; anytime you feel like making a meaningful play this season, feel free to step up.

* Keith Ellison sucks. He gets run over all the time. He's overated in coverage and nice drop on the INT that would've went for 6. I've had enough of him, I hope Poz moves to the OLB spot next year.

SUMMARY: It may not matter this year, but trust me, down the line this is a HUGE win for us. Young guys grew up today. The QB "controversy" BETTER be over. (Could you look anymore disinterested on the sideline, JP?). Trent did today what a winning QB does. He makes a play when he HAS to. We found a great backup RB to pair with Lynch. Josh Reed stepped up. Angelo Crowell outplayed Fletcher today. Overall, it's a great day. Maybe the Cleveland game in two weeks will mean something after all.

patmoran2006
12-02-2007, 03:43 PM
1 TD to 5 INT's "stats" or not. This guy is 4 seconds and 51 yards away from being 5-0... Bottom line.

Michael82
12-02-2007, 03:53 PM
I hate when people say 3-1. That's bull****! He's really 2-2 (Patriots and Cowboys games are the two losses) before the game, and now he's 3-2. :up:

Oh and he has 1 TD and 6 INTs. That has to get better. I'm sure it will though, because he has amazing poise and that clutch pass at the end of the game really helped pump him up and boost his standing with the team.

TigerJ
12-02-2007, 03:55 PM
The defense gave up third down's with regularity in the first half. That was one of the things that had me pulling my hair out. Fortunately, they tightened it up greatly in the second half. I would gladly give up some of the suspense to see the team play a solid game start to finish. I'm glad the Bills pulled one out of the fire again, but that offense brings me to tears most of the game. Trent finished with solid stats (minus a TD throw) but threw some bonehead passes along the way. He was lucky he didn't give up at least one int. Robert Royal deserves some goat dung for his costly fumble and then a holding penalty. Evans and Reed also had drops. I've said nothing about Fairchild to this point, but he's got to take some heat for the inability of this offense to put 2 on the board.

That said, a win is a win and I'll take it gratefully.

DraftBoy
12-02-2007, 03:56 PM
Player of the game was Fred Jackson imo, he kept this offense moving the whole game and was the only consistent piece outside of the OL and Lindell.

colin
12-02-2007, 03:59 PM
I hate when people say 3-1. That's bull****! He's really 2-2 (Patriots and Cowboys games are the two losses) before the game, and now he's 3-2. :up:

Oh and he has 1 TD and 6 INTs. That has to get better. I'm sure it will though, because he has amazing poise and that clutch pass at the end of the game really helped pump him up and boost his standing with the team.

mikey, you need to put the jp pipe down.

i can sense it lingering -- please just say it:

trent has played great for a rook, and has led us to wins.

JP is a bottom 5 qb, perhaps the worst on the road

Michael82
12-02-2007, 03:59 PM
Player of the game was Fred Jackson imo, he kept this offense moving the whole game and was the only consistent piece outside of the OL and Lindell.
Agreed. He's the only reason the offense was able to keep moving down the field. I was very impressed with him. He made a few good catches, but had good runs each drive, especially around the tackle. :up:

YardRat
12-02-2007, 04:00 PM

Give it up...Dean Wormer dropped the big one, and for good reason.

Where are you coming up with six INT's, not that it matters?

patmoran2006
12-02-2007, 04:00 PM
Where do you get 6 INT's from?

And BTW, are you convinced yet that TD vs INT is a very overated stat?

Michael82
12-02-2007, 04:01 PM
mikey, you need to put the jp pipe down.

i can sense it lingering -- please just say it:

trent has played great for a rook, and has led us to wins.

JP is a bottom 5 qb, perhaps the worst on the road
sorry, but I won't say it. I think that he has played okay. But I'm not calling him great. I'm not calling him the next Tom Brady, like some people do here. But I will say, he impressed me with a few of his throws today. Then again, I also saw a bunch of passes that you JP haters would be all over JP for. Overthrows, underthrows, bounce it off the turf. :yawn: But like you said, he's a rookie! So, he's not expected to be great. But still, he's just average so far IMO. I don't see Tony Romo or Ben Roethlisberger out there.

Michael82
12-02-2007, 04:04 PM

Oh wait...you're right. It's not 6 INTs. It's 5. He didn't throw any today. He did come close though. But this was his first game without any INTs. Good start. Let's hope he can keep it up. :pray:

Patti120
12-02-2007, 04:05 PM
Was definitely pleased with TE. I think he threw for 250 yds or so with no picks. Good game. We somehow, "eeked" it out. No TD's. Crazy. We just need to start getting TD's somehow and we will look better.

The D gave up some yardage and points but you have to tip your hat to them and Fewell especially considering all of the injuries.. They stepped it up when they needed to.

Thank God Jason Peters did not have a serious injury!

Go Bills!

DraftBoy
12-02-2007, 04:05 PM

Show me a stat and Ill show you how its overrated

Patrick76777
12-02-2007, 04:07 PM

Hold up Mikey. You can make a case for Edwards not getting credit for the Jets win. But there's no way you can hang that NE loss on him. First game he ever played, didn't get any first team reps that week in practice. I don't care how much of the game he played, it was an impossible situation.

Michael82
12-02-2007, 04:09 PM
Hold up Mikey. You can make a case for Edwards not getting credit for the Jets win. But there's no way you can hang that NE loss on him. First game he ever played, didn't get any first team reps that week in practice. I don't care how much of the game he played, it was an impossible situation.
okay, then who gets the loss? Not Losman, because he didn't even play a quarter. :::

DraftBoy
12-02-2007, 04:11 PM

Because there has never been a situation where a guy has to come in cold without the benefit of practice and is expected to win? He gets the loss, not that it matters the whole W-L is stupid.

Crisis
12-02-2007, 04:12 PM
One other thing...

Our special teams coverage has been terrible lately...we're giving teams short fields all the time.

Michael82
12-02-2007, 04:14 PM
One other thing...

Our special teams coverage has been terrible lately...we're giving teams short fields all the time.
That's what happens when you have a ton of injuries and your special teams has a bunch of scrubs playing on it. :ill:

Patrick76777
12-02-2007, 04:14 PM
okay, then who gets the loss? Not Losman, because he didn't even play a quarter. :::

Good point, But do they even have an official stat for QB win losses? I don't think so. It's not like baseball. If it were an official stat, there would be rules like, Who had the lead when the QB went out, did he maintain the lead, did he play to a certain point to earn the win.

So it's an un-official stat used by media and fans to justify QB play.

So, Trent has started 5 games and the bills are 4-1 in those games.

Trent played most of 6 games and the bills are 4-2 in those games.

Trent played most of 6 games but another guy threw a TD at the end of that game so trent is .........I don't know I lost track. And there's no rule for this.

Point is, the guy started 5 games and we're 4-1 in those games!

MikeInRoch
12-02-2007, 04:17 PM

Blaming TE for the NE game is even bigger bull****. You get the blame as the loss when you are the STARTER and have spent all week taking snaps with the first team. When that is not the case, regardless of when you enter the game, you shouldn't take nearly that much blame.

imbondz
12-02-2007, 04:19 PM
it's unbelievable to me that Trent is 4-1 (2), we're a 6-6 team, yet somehow there is a QB controversy, hopefully not anymore.

Dr. Lecter
12-02-2007, 04:21 PM
The NFL does not track a QB's W-L records as a stat, for a good reason.

Regardless, TE looks very good for a rookie.

Patrick76777
12-02-2007, 04:22 PM

And that Jets game was tied when JP came in. Let's not act like we were in dire straights and JP saved the day. He played great but we still had a very good chance if Edwards stayed in there.

Dr. Lecter
12-02-2007, 04:23 PM
And that Jets game was tied when JP came in. Let's not act like we were in dire straights and JP saved the day. He played great but we still had a very good chance if Edwards stayed in there.

Actually they were down, but JP hardly won the game for the Bills.

mybills
12-02-2007, 04:26 PM
C'mon guys. They both suck. The first 3 quarters was a snooze fest, and the 4th quarter wasn't. I liked how Trent scrambled for yards, and that he wasn't rattled by the blitzing, though. :bf1: In all honesty, we've gotta give him quite a few more games, because he IS a rookie. But to say he was really good today, is crazy. He was mediocre at best.

Dr. Lecter
12-02-2007, 04:27 PM
C'mon guys. They both suck. The first 3 quarters was a snooze fest, and the 4th quarter wasn't. I liked how Trent scrambled for yards, and that he wasn't rattled by the blitzing, though. :bf1: In all honesty, we've gotta give him quite a few more games, because he IS a rookie. But to say he was really good today, is crazy. He was mediocre at best.

Saying Trent sucks (or sucked) is stupid.

Flat out stupid.

Michael82
12-02-2007, 04:28 PM

Flat out stupid.
If he never made that play at the end of the game and they lost. It would have been a poor game by Trent Edwards and the offense. :::

colin
12-02-2007, 04:31 PM
If he never made that play at the end of the game and they lost. It would have been a poor game by Trent Edwards and the offense. :::

if jp didn't suck so badly that he only had 4 GAMES IN HIS ENTIRE CAREER WITH MORE YARDAGE THAN TRENT TODAY, the he wouldn't go down as one of the biggest jokes of a qb in the past 5 seasons.

those big plays are what separates good qbs from bad ones. trent had a solid game over all today, not great or very good but solid.

mybills
12-02-2007, 04:37 PM

Flat out stupid.
How? Neither JP or TE has 'amazing' written on their forehead. But like I said, Trent needs more time.

mybills
12-02-2007, 04:38 PM
Thank GOD for Lindell! :phew:

Philagape
12-02-2007, 04:42 PM

I think there's a word for that kind of reasoning named after a certain poster .....

Philagape
12-02-2007, 04:44 PM
As for rants .... 8 penalties for 101 yards :down:

YardRat
12-02-2007, 04:46 PM

Actually they were tied at 3, and Edwards still finished with more passing yards than JP despite the 'bomb' to Evans.

Slim
12-02-2007, 04:49 PM

But he did so it doesn't matter. Why even say that?

mybills
12-02-2007, 04:51 PM
As for rants .... 8 penalties for 101 yards :down:
Thank you! Now that's what we should be *****ing about!

Dr. Lecter
12-02-2007, 04:52 PM

Do you know who you sound like? Is it wise to make comments like that?

Dr. Lecter
12-02-2007, 04:53 PM
How? Neither JP or TE has 'amazing' written on their forehead. But like I said, Trent needs more time.

No, they don't but Trent played damn well today.

And this is coming from a guy who always support JP.

Inetpub
12-02-2007, 04:55 PM
sorry, but I won't say it. I think that he has played okay. But I'm not calling him great. I'm not calling him the next Tom Brady, like some people do here. But I will say, he impressed me with a few of his throws today. Then again, I also saw a bunch of passes that you JP haters would be all over JP for. Overthrows, underthrows, bounce it off the turf. :yawn: But like you said, he's a rookie! So, he's not expected to be great. But still, he's just average so far IMO. I don't see Tony Romo or Ben Roethlisberger out there.

Nope. you dont see Tony Romo or Ben Roethlisberger out there. They belong to the Cowboys and Steelers. Perhaps if you werent so jaded on JP you might see we have Trent Edwards out there. But we also had JP....sitting and moaning on the bench. So take your pick.

G. Host
12-02-2007, 04:59 PM
Because there has never been a situation where a guy has to come in cold without the benefit of practice and is expected to win? He gets the loss, not that it matters the whole W-L is stupid.

:up: Teams win or lose except for Billy Joe who lost his homework.

SquishDaFish
12-02-2007, 04:59 PM
Stop with the TE vs. JP **** and just support who is in there. Jesus Christ already. WE WON!!!

Now the on stat that SHOCKED me completly..... 1st pass interference commited by Buffalo since OCT of 06 thats SICK!

mybills
12-02-2007, 05:01 PM
No, they don't but Trent played damn well today.

And this is coming from a guy who always support JP.
I've always liked both. I gave them chance after chance, and will continue to give TE more...but...
The entire O looked mediocre today.
I hope they don't give MIA their first win. :ill:

Inetpub
12-02-2007, 05:15 PM
I might not be the biggest supporter of JP losman, but Trent edwards is an upgrade. For now hes the best option we have and looks to be a solid QB someday.

In all his games this year, he has gotten the ball in more recievers hands than JP ever has. No more are we relying on Evans to have a big game for JP to succeed. A more balanced attack might be just what we needed here. His passing yardarges this week were not jaw dropping but they also werent results of garbage time play.

For all you Losman lovers, its time to drop the criticisms. We can find criticism in every QB. Peyton Manning runs like...well he doesnt run. Ben roethlesberger isnt a mobile qb. JP losman is ****. we can find criticisms in every qb. But its time you start supporting your new qb. As Dick Jauron said, we need consistency in the qb position and jp wasnt getting that done. As long as TE is, then he'll do fine. I dont need 80 yard passes a game to Lee evans to make me see that he is winning games.

mybills
12-02-2007, 05:21 PM
I will always think JP's mad sexy and Trent is butt ugly. :D

Truth is, there's more Losman HATERS here, than Losman LOVERS. Don't ya think the love will fade when the hate dies down? :; After all, we do have another QB at the helm now, and most likely for the rest of the games. :up:

HHURRICANE
12-02-2007, 05:49 PM
Wow.
Let's start with the obvious.

* If there was ANY lingering doubt about the QB situation, that's over with. Trent Edwards is 4-1 as a starter, with three of those wins coming over top 10 defenses. He is showing WINNER qualities already. I'm not going to recite his passing stats because frankly, I don't give a ****. That game was very "Kelly'ish" to me. He did next to nothing but most the game but made it happen when he HAD TO (and No, I"m not stupid enough to compare Trent to Jimbo I'm just citing an example). Now, Trent didn't play great today. He made a couple of bad throws to open receivers. But God, this guy makes good decisions. He's so smart. Again, let's forget everything else; this is what you got from Trent; ZERO picks and ZERO sacks. Were it not for a couple stupid red zone holding penalties and Royal's fumble, we may have scored more. EDWARDS has a lot to learn; but wow what a promising ****ing start to his career. Years from now, we may be looking back at this game.

I say with no bias that if Losman was starting today, he probably commits 3-4 turnovers and we lose by two touchdowns.

* The offensive line was GREAT today. Not good, great. All that blitzing and they didn't give up a sack. Holes were there for Fred Jackson.

*SPeaking of Jackson. Wow! This guy is great. He deserves more playing time. Forget Dwayne Wright; Lynch and Jackson can become a LETHAL 1-2 punch.

* The front seven, led by Crowell, played GREAT today. Larry Tripplett actually MATTERED. Kyle Williams was solid and Schobel/Denney played good.

* What's up with Scott getting all that pressure? That was nice.

NOw.. Onto a few negatives.

* Robert Royal, if I was Marv Levy I'd leave you at the airport. you ****ing blow. Nice fumble. Nice holding penalty in the red zone on 1st down. Seriously, you suck and what an awful free agent pickup. PLEASE give us a real tight end next offseason; that would be a good weapon for Edwards.

*Ashton Youboty. What is your purpose on this team? You're not even good enough to be a nickel corner? We bring in Leonard and move whitner to the slot. The nickel defense is a DISASTER. Play this guy or send him packing.

*SPeaking of Whitner; anytime you feel like making a meaningful play this season, feel free to step up.

* Keith Ellison sucks. He gets run over all the time. He's overated in coverage and nice drop on the INT that would've went for 6. I've had enough of him, I hope Poz moves to the OLB spot next year.

SUMMARY: It may not matter this year, but trust me, down the line this is a HUGE win for us. Young guys grew up today. The QB "controversy" BETTER be over. (Could you look anymore disinterested on the sideline, JP?). Trent did today what a winning QB does. He makes a play when he HAS to. We found a great backup RB to pair with Lynch. Josh Reed stepped up. Angelo Crowell outplayed Fletcher today. Overall, it's a great day. Maybe the Cleveland game in two weeks will mean something after all.

Best post I've read and agree 100%. I've defended both Royal and Yobouty but you are 100% correct.

If Yobouty can't even get on the field than this tells me he's done here. Royal almost single handedly cost us the game today.

The QB issue will rage on because we have so many dumb posters that don't know what a brilliant rookie looks like. People wasted 4 years on Losman and now want Peyton Manning after 5 starts from a rookie.

Funny thing is that Edwards looks better than Elway's, Favre's, or Manning's rookie seasons so it's pretty comical to read the posts.

raphael120
12-02-2007, 05:59 PM
being at the game, I saw some major pressure comin at Trent and he excelled in the face of it.

i remember a few throws where a guy was comign right at him and he got rid of the ball and got a 3-4 yard gain when JP wouldve gotten sacked and maybe fumbled the ball.

i believe next year when Edwards has better weapons to throw to, and once Royal is no longer on this team (he has officially done more to hurt than help this team), we will be in the middle of the league in passing with a 2nd year QB

shelby
12-02-2007, 06:09 PM
i was pleased with TE today. Good job by the rookie.

Oaf
12-02-2007, 06:12 PM
I finally agree, Whitner blows. I only watched the 1st Q and half of the 4th Q, but I saw Whitner get beat at least thrice on 3rd downs for 1sts.

That Nickle package does suck ass. Why are Wilson, Leonard, and Scott all playin at the same time. And we thought Youboty was going to start this year. Never thought I'd say I miss Kiwaukee Thomas. Corner is a first day priority IMO.

Fairchild pulled the Reed-in-motion-off-of-the-Tight-end sweep again. Likely the most predictable play in the NFL and aptly it lead to Jackson's worst carry of the day.

Captain gameboy
12-02-2007, 07:26 PM
I'd add two things from my perspective, as I watched the game.

One thing I really hate is when players go out of their way to exhort fans, in seemingly contrived situations.
In other words, the non-stop grandstanding that goes on.

Today, Andre Carter, right DE was relentless playing to the fans.
And today, Jason Peters absolutely demolished him.

Second, Jabari Greer played very well. I know about the interference call, and from my view it looked cheap, and very late. I thought he played great.

im4bflo
12-02-2007, 07:48 PM
ONE nice pass :up: the rest was the same, needs improving BIG TIME!
Thank goodness Lindell was perfect, or your boy's record wouldn't be.
I know he know's the goal is to score TOUCHDOWNS, not fieldgoals.
And he's not getting it done. And then you'll say he's a winner, but it
was the D and Lindell and more the running game, than him that got the win.
I don't dislike him, and hope he improves, but come on,
it was looking pretty bleak when we were behind and the O wasn't moving
the ball. Thanks to the D for the safety, and the turnovers that led to
Lindells fieldgoals. And nice pass(again) for the final fieldgoal.
A great TEAM win!

Patrick76777
12-02-2007, 08:37 PM

No, it was 3-3.

patmoran2006
12-02-2007, 08:43 PM
ONE nice pass :up: the rest was the same, needs improving BIG TIME!
Thank goodness Lindell was perfect, or your boy's record wouldn't be.
I know he know's the goal is to score TOUCHDOWNS, not fieldgoals.
And he's not getting it done. And then you'll say he's a winner, but it
was the D and Lindell and more the running game, than him that got the win.
I don't dislike him, and hope he improves, but come on,
it was looking pretty bleak when we were behind and the O wasn't moving
the ball. Thanks to the D for the safety, and the turnovers that led to
Lindells fieldgoals. And nice pass(again) for the final fieldgoal.
A great TEAM win!
yes. ANY good team wants to score TD's not FG.

But take this into account to.

* A lesser QB (cough cough Losman) would've had multiple turnovers on a day like today. Today's game required quick reads and getting rid of the ball quick. Edwards didn't throw a pick and he didn't suffer a sack. A QB who DOESN"T turn the ball over on the road always gives you a chance to win.

* Stupidity hurt the Bills alot. Buffalo moved the ball well. I recall not one but TWO holding penalties deep in Washington territory to make it 1st and 20, not 10. I also remember Robert Royal fumbling a ball that killed another drive.

*He almost hit Evans in the end zone. he put the ball where only Evans could catch it. it hit his hands, the defender made a strong football play to knock the ball away.

Was he perfect? No, far from it in fact. He made a couple of bad throws for sure. But he played major mistake-free, the Bills hung around and then he took them some 50+ yards in under a minute to win the game. I can recall a TON of games Jim Kelly stunk up the joint (not to compare him to Kelly, that's silly) for 3.5 quarters and then led the Bills on a game winning drive when he had to.

Bottom line: Edwards did his job and as a result it kept the Bills playoff hopes alive on the road; something that Losman has failed miserably at.

im4bflo
12-02-2007, 08:51 PM
yes. ANY good team wants to score TD's not FG.

But take this into account to.

* A lesser QB (cough cough Losman) would've had multiple turnovers on a day like today. Today's game required quick reads and getting rid of the ball quick. Edwards didn't throw a pick and he didn't suffer a sack. A QB who DOESN"T turn the ball over on the road always gives you a chance to win.

* Stupidity hurt the Bills alot. Buffalo moved the ball well. I recall not one but TWO holding penalties deep in Washington territory to make it 1st and 20, not 10. I also remember Robert Royal fumbling a ball that killed another drive.

*He almost hit Evans in the end zone. he put the ball where only Evans could catch it. it hit his hands, the defender made a strong football play to knock the ball away.

Was he perfect? No, far from it in fact. He made a couple of bad throws for sure. But he played major mistake-free, the Bills hung around and then he took them some 50+ yards in under a minute to win the game. I can recall a TON of games Jim Kelly stunk up the joint (not to compare him to Kelly, that's silly) for 3.5 quarters and then led the Bills on a game winning drive when he had to.

Bottom line: Edwards did his job and as a result it kept the Bills playoff hopes alive on the road; something that Losman has failed miserably at.

Your assumptions, and you're entitled to them.
I sure hope he gets a lot better QUICK!
The D will need the O to contribute a little more, and Lindell may miss
one someday.