PDA

View Full Version : Beck vs. Edwards

HHURRICANE
12-02-2007, 05:39 PM
<TABLE class=yspwhitebg cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=ysptblthbody1 align=right><TD class=yspdetailttl align=left height=18>Buffalo</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Comp</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Att</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Yds</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Pct</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Y/A</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Sack</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>YdsL</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>TD</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Int </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD align=left> T. Edwards</TD><TD>22</TD><TD>36</TD><TD>257</TD><TD>61.1</TD><TD>7.1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE class=yspwhitebg cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=ysptblthbody1 align=right><TD class=yspdetailttl align=left height=18>Miami</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Comp</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Att</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Yds</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Pct</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Y/A</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Sack</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>YdsL</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>TD</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Int </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD align=left> J. Beck</TD><TD>23</TD><TD>39</TD><TD>177</TD><TD>59.0</TD><TD>4.5</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>3</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Edwards on the road and Beck at home. That 26 year old 2nd rounder looks promising.

ghz in pittsburgh
12-02-2007, 05:47 PM
I won't go that far. How many starts did Beck have? I like Edwards, but I wouldn't be jumping too much right now. Improvements is all that matters for rookies, especially rookie QBs.

HHURRICANE
12-02-2007, 05:53 PM
I won't go that far. How many starts did Beck have? I like Edwards, but I wouldn't be jumping too much right now. Improvements is all that matters for rookies, especially rookie QBs.

I watched both games, side by side today, and I'm willing to go that far.

Ingtar33
12-02-2007, 06:02 PM
Beck is on his 3rd start, Edwards is on his 5th.

no... beck has the problem all BYU players have... once a decade someone forgets that BYU looks good because it's on average older then it's opponents by 2 years...

You'll see 24 and 25 year olds playing against 19 and 20 year olds.

there is a huge physical difference in players that age.

As a result everyone on BYU looks better then they are. and every once in a while, someone will take a flyer on a BYU player, and find themselves with a bust. When i eval'ed talent i basically wrote off nearly everyone from BYU. it's too easy to fool yourself into thinking some of those kids will make good pro prospects.

But, as i said, every few years, an NFL team or two will take a flier with one, and end up holding the bag.

Does that mean Beck is doomed? No... but my money is on him having a career like Ty Detmer

feelthepain
12-02-2007, 06:17 PM
Miami is down to Sam Con-Gado in the backfield , that's like their 4th starting RB this year. Marty Booker is the only veteran WR the Dolphins had on the field. We also have a rookie QB a rookie Center a rookie WR and a rookie FB, Lorenzo Booker was also in the mix today adding yet another rookie to the Dolphins offense. Miami has so little experience on offense right now due to injuries it's hard to do anything with the ball on offense.

Maimi's Defense is also loaded with injuries, however it's hard for the defense to maintain a winnable score when the offense is so young and inexperienced that they simply can't move the ball. Miami has to have one of the youngest offenses AND most injured teams in the NFL.

Oaf
12-02-2007, 06:17 PM
I think the true battle will be Clemens vs. Edwards next year.

colin
12-02-2007, 06:20 PM
i think miami is gonna pick brohm

HHURRICANE
12-02-2007, 06:26 PM
Miami is down to Sam Con-Gado in the backfield , that's like their 4th starting RB this year. Marty Booker is the only veteran WR the Dolphins had on the field. We also have a rookie QB a rookie Center a rookie WR and a rookie FB, Lorenzo Booker was also in the mix today adding yet another rookie to the Dolphins offense. Miami has so little experience on offense right now due to injuries it's hard to do anything with the ball on offense.

Maimi's Defense is also loaded with injuries, however it's hard for the defense to maintain a winnable score when the offense is so young and inexperienced that they simply can't move the ball. Miami has to have one of the youngest offenses AND most injured teams in the NFL.

Dude, I watched the whole game. Beck was horrible. 3 picks and 3 fumbles against the Jets at home in Miami.

I would see if you could trade for Quinn after you fire Cameron.

Night Train
12-02-2007, 06:28 PM
i think miami is gonna pick brohm

Then they're more ******ed than your post.

Kerr
12-02-2007, 06:34 PM
Beck is on his 3rd start, Edwards is on his 5th.

no... beck has the problem all BYU players have... once a decade someone forgets that BYU looks good because it's on average older then it's opponents by 2 years...

You'll see 24 and 25 year olds playing against 19 and 20 year olds.

there is a huge physical difference in players that age.

As a result everyone on BYU looks better then they are. and every once in a while, someone will take a flyer on a BYU player, and find themselves with a bust. When i eval'ed talent i basically wrote off nearly everyone from BYU. it's too easy to fool yourself into thinking some of those kids will make good pro prospects.

But, as i said, every few years, an NFL team or two will take a flier with one, and end up holding the bag.

Does that mean Beck is doomed? No... but my money is on him having a career like Ty Detmer

Ryan Denney sure fooled TD.

feelthepain
12-02-2007, 07:03 PM
Dude, I watched the whole game. Beck was horrible. 3 picks and 3 fumbles against the Jets at home in Miami.

I would see if you could trade for Quinn after you fire Cameron.

I see, so no RB and 5 other rookies on offense had nothing to do with Becks performance? I'll admit it wasn't a good game for him, but he didn't step into a situation like Tom Brady back in 01. Miami is running this offense for the first time this year with a crap load of injuries and rookies everywhere. Besides you wouldn't know a damn thing about QB's since yours always suck!

YardRat
12-02-2007, 07:24 PM

Please...You're preaching to the choir when it comes to rookies and injuries. Be serious.

That being said, I liked Beck at the draft, thought it was a good pick, and until he gets this year and a few more starts under his belt it's way too early to judge. I still think he has the potential to be a decent player.

justasportsfan
12-02-2007, 07:31 PM

Excuses,excuses. Prior to the season starting FTP said there's no way that the bills will be better than the fins :roflmao:

What's next? The fins D & O are ranked higher than the bills therefore the fins are better inspite of the record of both teams? Maybe the fins are better than what their record shows or that the fins are the best 0-12 team in NFL history .... :roflmao:

feelthepain
12-02-2007, 07:42 PM
Please...You're preaching to the choir when it comes to rookies and injuries. Be serious.

That being said, I liked Beck at the draft, thought it was a good pick, and until he gets this year and a few more starts under his belt it's way too early to judge. I still think he has the potential to be a decent player.

All I'm sayin is HHURICANE gives every Bill QB 40 starts to pove their worth, but Beck sucks and we should trade him after 3 starts. Obviously HHURICANES opinion has nothin to do with reality and lacks football knowledge.....as usual!

camelcowboy
12-02-2007, 07:48 PM
to soon to judge beck he's not playing on a very good offense right now. Let him take his lumps he still a solid prospect.

HHURRICANE
12-02-2007, 07:52 PM
All I'm sayin is HHURICANE gives every Bill QB 40 starts to pove their worth, but Beck sucks and we should trade him after 3 starts. Obviously HHURICANES opinion has nothin to do with reality and lacks football knowledge.....as usual!

I was just comparing our rookie to yours. Edwards has 5 starts. He's 4-1, yours is 0-3.

Edwards was on the road against a good D and yours was at home against a terrible one.

feelthepain
12-02-2007, 08:38 PM
I was just comparing our rookie to yours. Edwards has 5 starts. He's 4-1, yours is 0-3.

Edwards was on the road against a good D and yours was at home against a terrible one.

Edwards has 1 TD, 5 INT's and 2 fumbles in his 5 games, is he winning the games for the Bills???

HHURRICANE
12-02-2007, 08:44 PM
Edwards has 1 TD, 5 INT's and 2 fumbles in his 5 games, is he winning the games for the Bills???

You've lost every bet to me so here's another.

Want to bet that Edwards will have better numbers this year, next year?

feelthepain
12-02-2007, 09:21 PM
You've lost every bet to me so here's another.

Want to bet that Edwards will have better numbers this year, next year?

Gee my dad can beat up your dad.....how mature. Bottom line is who cares at this point neither Rookie QB has done much to this point and likely won't. It's why it's called the hardest position in football.

HHURRICANE
12-02-2007, 09:28 PM
Gee my dad can beat up your dad.....how mature. Bottom line is who cares at this point neither Rookie QB has done much to this point and likely won't. It's why it's called the hardest position in football.

I'll take this as a "no".

TheWingHead
12-02-2007, 09:54 PM

If you replace "dad" with "quarterback", like intended, then yes that is absolutely what he entailed. Don't participate in arguments that your main point is an excuse.

feelthepain
12-02-2007, 09:56 PM
If you replace "dad" with "quarterback", like intended, then yes that is absolutely what he entailed. Don't participate in arguments that your main point is an excuse.

What excuse, both QB's are raw and neither has contributed much, infact both have been pretty bad.

TheWingHead
12-02-2007, 09:58 PM
What excuse, both QB's are raw and neither has contributed much, infact both have been pretty bad.

What's your idea of bad? Wins and losses? Hmm...

im4bflo
12-02-2007, 10:04 PM
Edwards is a BUFFALO BILL, Beck prances in orange and teal for the Fish.
Edwards on a 6-6 team, Beck on an 0-12 team(this is not a type-o).
what was the question?

chubluv
12-02-2007, 10:08 PM
Hopefully our defence wont make Beck look like a superstar.

im4bflo
12-02-2007, 10:13 PM

NO, only one hasn't contributed much, and is very bad, on a very bad team.

Oaf
12-02-2007, 10:24 PM
Miami is down to Sam Con-Gado in the backfield , that's like their 4th starting RB this year. Marty Booker is the only veteran WR the Dolphins had on the field.

Samkon? That guy could be a sleeper. He tore it up for the Pack a year or two back. I like this kid. Surprising he didn't get on the field earlier. Hope we don't overlook him. And the more Booker is on the field for you guys, the happier I am.

I honestly thought the Fins were going to beat the Jets. They're a scappy team that just doesn't have the talent level other teams do. Kinda like us actually but to a much larger degree.

LtFinFan66
12-03-2007, 05:03 AM

I would see if you could trade for Quinn after you fire Cameron.no on Quinn

Ebenezer
12-03-2007, 05:04 AM
it is way way way too early to judge anybody.

Forward_Lateral
12-03-2007, 06:26 AM
I think Clemens for the Jets is going to be the best QB out of the three. He's been impressive, and I'm surprised the Jets waited so long to pull the plug on Pennington.

I've seen Beck, and he looks bad, but it's tough to judge a QB when you are throwing to slow-ass Booker and 4 other rejects.

feelthepain
12-03-2007, 06:42 AM
What's your idea of bad? Wins and losses? Hmm...

Rex Grossman took the Bears to the SB last year and it wasn't because he was/is a good QB. Wins and loses aren't always a product of the QB, but then again you know this.

colin
12-03-2007, 07:09 AM
Then they're more ******ed than your post.

WTF are you on about?

HHURRICANE
12-03-2007, 08:07 AM
no on Quinn

I knew I was going to get negged from you when you saw this thread. You realize that this is Bills fan site?

Anytime you want to bring a constructive argument vs. just negging the thread let me know.

Mr. Miyagi
12-03-2007, 08:19 AM
Overheardf from the Dolphins draft room last April:

"QUINN!! I said QUINN!! Not GINN!! It's QUINN damn it!!!"

Static
12-03-2007, 08:30 AM
I'm not sold on Beck, but i am not ready to say he is not the future yet. Beck doesn't have much to work with. the Oline took a step back against the jets, we finally got to see Lorenzo Booker, and we have pretty much exhausted every RB in free agency. We are a bad bad team.

HHURRICANE
12-03-2007, 08:34 AM
I'm not sold on Beck, but i am not ready to say he is not the future yet. Beck doesn't have much to work with. the Oline took a step back against the jets, we finally got to see Lorenzo Booker, and we have pretty much exhausted every RB in free agency. We are a bad bad team.

I wasn't trying to torture anyone over this thread.

The problem around here is that the people that are the most critical of threads like this are never the one's that have enough guts to start their own.

I think the Dolphins biggest mistake was hiring Cam Cameron. I think your team is desperate to hire a Parcells like guy and right the ship.

Your team should not be 0-12 under any circumstances.

DraftBoy
12-03-2007, 08:42 AM
no on Quinn

Bias

LtFinFan66
12-03-2007, 08:44 AM
I knew I was going to get negged from you when you saw this thread. You realize that this is Bills fan site?

Anytime you want to bring a constructive argument vs. just negging the thread let me know.It's my right

LtFinFan66
12-03-2007, 08:45 AM
BiasNot at all since I am an Ohio State fan who liked the Ginn pick:idunno: