Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Beck vs. Edwards

BuffaloCompAttYdsPctY/ASackYdsLTDInt
    T. Edwards223625761.17.10000

MiamiCompAttYdsPctY/ASackYdsLTDInt
    J. Beck233917759.04.532703

Edwards on the road and Beck at home. That 26 year old 2nd rounder looks promising.
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

Re: Beck vs. Edwards

I won't go that far. How many starts did Beck have? I like Edwards, but I wouldn't be jumping too much right now. Improvements is all that matters for rookies, especially rookie QBs.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh
      I won't go that far. How many starts did Beck have? I like Edwards, but I wouldn't be jumping too much right now. Improvements is all that matters for rookies, especially rookie QBs.
      I watched both games, side by side today, and I'm willing to go that far.

Comment

• Ingtar33
        Dances With Buffaloes
        • Sep 2002

Beck is on his 3rd start, Edwards is on his 5th.

no... beck has the problem all BYU players have... once a decade someone forgets that BYU looks good because it's on average older then it's opponents by 2 years...

You'll see 24 and 25 year olds playing against 19 and 20 year olds.

there is a huge physical difference in players that age.

As a result everyone on BYU looks better then they are. and every once in a while, someone will take a flyer on a BYU player, and find themselves with a bust. When i eval'ed talent i basically wrote off nearly everyone from BYU. it's too easy to fool yourself into thinking some of those kids will make good pro prospects.

But, as i said, every few years, an NFL team or two will take a flier with one, and end up holding the bag.

Does that mean Beck is doomed? No... but my money is on him having a career like Ty Detmer
        My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• feelthepain
          All-Pro Zoner
          • Mar 2005

Miami is down to Sam Con-Gado in the backfield , that's like their 4th starting RB this year. Marty Booker is the only veteran WR the Dolphins had on the field. We also have a rookie QB a rookie Center a rookie WR and a rookie FB, Lorenzo Booker was also in the mix today adding yet another rookie to the Dolphins offense. Miami has so little experience on offense right now due to injuries it's hard to do anything with the ball on offense.

Maimi's Defense is also loaded with injuries, however it's hard for the defense to maintain a winnable score when the offense is so young and inexperienced that they simply can't move the ball. Miami has to have one of the youngest offenses AND most injured teams in the NFL.

Comment

• Oaf
            Do you read what you write?
            • Jun 2007

I think the true battle will be Clemens vs. Edwards next year.

Comment

• colin
              Drew's my hero!
              • Jul 2002

i think miami is gonna pick brohm

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by feelthepain
                Miami is down to Sam Con-Gado in the backfield , that's like their 4th starting RB this year. Marty Booker is the only veteran WR the Dolphins had on the field. We also have a rookie QB a rookie Center a rookie WR and a rookie FB, Lorenzo Booker was also in the mix today adding yet another rookie to the Dolphins offense. Miami has so little experience on offense right now due to injuries it's hard to do anything with the ball on offense.

Maimi's Defense is also loaded with injuries, however it's hard for the defense to maintain a winnable score when the offense is so young and inexperienced that they simply can't move the ball. Miami has to have one of the youngest offenses AND most injured teams in the NFL.
                Dude, I watched the whole game. Beck was horrible. 3 picks and 3 fumbles against the Jets at home in Miami.

I would see if you could trade for Quinn after you fire Cameron.

Comment

• Night Train
                  Retired - On Several Levels
                  • Jul 2005

Originally posted by colin
                  i think miami is gonna pick brohm
                  Then they're more ******ed than your post.
                  Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Kerr
                    Hall of Fame Zoner
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Ingtar33
                    Beck is on his 3rd start, Edwards is on his 5th.

no... beck has the problem all BYU players have... once a decade someone forgets that BYU looks good because it's on average older then it's opponents by 2 years...

You'll see 24 and 25 year olds playing against 19 and 20 year olds.

there is a huge physical difference in players that age.

As a result everyone on BYU looks better then they are. and every once in a while, someone will take a flyer on a BYU player, and find themselves with a bust. When i eval'ed talent i basically wrote off nearly everyone from BYU. it's too easy to fool yourself into thinking some of those kids will make good pro prospects.

But, as i said, every few years, an NFL team or two will take a flier with one, and end up holding the bag.

Does that mean Beck is doomed? No... but my money is on him having a career like Ty Detmer
                    Ryan Denney sure fooled TD.

Comment

• feelthepain
                      All-Pro Zoner
                      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                      Dude, I watched the whole game. Beck was horrible. 3 picks and 3 fumbles against the Jets at home in Miami.

I would see if you could trade for Quinn after you fire Cameron.
                      I see, so no RB and 5 other rookies on offense had nothing to do with Becks performance? I'll admit it wasn't a good game for him, but he didn't step into a situation like Tom Brady back in 01. Miami is running this offense for the first time this year with a crap load of injuries and rookies everywhere. Besides you wouldn't know a damn thing about QB's since yours always suck!

Comment

• YardRat
                        Well, lookie here...
                        • Dec 2004

Please...You're preaching to the choir when it comes to rookies and injuries. Be serious.

That being said, I liked Beck at the draft, thought it was a good pick, and until he gets this year and a few more starts under his belt it's way too early to judge. I still think he has the potential to be a decent player.
                        YardRat Wall of Fame
                        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

Excuses,excuses. Prior to the season starting FTP said there's no way that the bills will be better than the fins

What's next? The fins D & O are ranked higher than the bills therefore the fins are better inspite of the record of both teams? Maybe the fins are better than what their record shows or that the fins are the best 0-12 team in NFL history ....
                          sacrifice1
                          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• feelthepain
                            All-Pro Zoner
                            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by YardRat
                            Please...You're preaching to the choir when it comes to rookies and injuries. Be serious.

That being said, I liked Beck at the draft, thought it was a good pick, and until he gets this year and a few more starts under his belt it's way too early to judge. I still think he has the potential to be a decent player.
                            All I'm sayin is HHURICANE gives every Bill QB 40 starts to pove their worth, but Beck sucks and we should trade him after 3 starts. Obviously HHURICANES opinion has nothin to do with reality and lacks football knowledge.....as usual!

Comment

• camelcowboy
                              • Mar 2005

to soon to judge beck he's not playing on a very good offense right now. Let him take his lumps he still a solid prospect.

Comment

Working...
                              X