PDA

View Full Version : Fred Jackson

PECKERWOOD
12-02-2007, 06:42 PM
Played GREAT! In my opinion, he has earned the 2nd string position behind Lynch when healthy and I think that he should possibly get some carries even when Lynch IS healthy. The guy was just absolutely amazing today and he has playmaker written all over him.

hydro
12-02-2007, 06:46 PM
I totally agree! He a lot of people miss today, and was certainly a breath of fresh air compared to A-Train. :up: :bf1:

BillsNick
12-02-2007, 06:46 PM
I like his versatility, and he really stepped up today.

Mitchy moo
12-02-2007, 06:49 PM
He needs to be out there alot more often. He can even line up as a WR on some plays as well, great game.

chubluv
12-02-2007, 06:52 PM
We will def need to find some plays for him he is very elusive in the open feild and he was carrying tacklers with him a few times.

YardRat
12-02-2007, 07:06 PM
I heard he did a nice job picking up blitzes, also. Judging from the fact that TE didn't get sacked at all I think it's safe to assume that's true.

chernobylwraiths
12-02-2007, 07:07 PM
I totally agree! He a lot of people miss today, and was certainly a breath of fresh air compared to A-Train. :up: :bf1:

You mean a fresh of breath air don't you?

chernobylwraiths
12-02-2007, 07:08 PM
With the fact that he got a few passes out of the backfield, I hope it means that Lynch will too when he gets healthy.

patmoran2006
12-02-2007, 07:15 PM
ABsolutely.

Go back and watch a lot of the passing plays. He did a tremendous job pass blocking and picking up blitzes

plundar
12-02-2007, 07:20 PM
I agree I like Fred. We need to dump Thomas after this year.

YardRat
12-02-2007, 07:30 PM
Thomas will probably be gone, following Price out the door.

THATHURMANATOR
12-02-2007, 07:30 PM
Agreed Jackson made his mark today!

justasportsfan
12-02-2007, 07:35 PM
Rb contoversy . :D

Oaf
12-02-2007, 08:46 PM
I think Thomas has done a commendable job teaching young kids like Lynch and Jackson about the game. I still think he should just bulk up and become a FB for us. He's best at blocking anyways.

I think we've found our Thunder-Lightning combo with Lynch/Jackson. :D

chernobylwraiths
12-02-2007, 09:00 PM
I think Thomas has done a commendable job teaching young kids like Lynch and Jackson about the game. I still think he should just bulk up and become a FB for us. He's best at blocking anyways.

I think we've found our Thunder-Lightning combo with Lynch/Jackson. :D

I think Lynch is faster, but I like Jackson's versatility.

This brings up the question: Why is it that you see this kind of ability in preseason, but you rarely get the chance to see it on Sundays? Jackson did this ALL preseason and never got a sniff of the field until Sunday and look what he did. He did exactly the same thing he did against "lesser" competition before the games started to matter. I also reminds me about an issue that GR55 had earlier in the week about not being able to get a receiver to come out of nowhere like other teams have. Have we possibly had these receivers on our team already and never gave them the chance. I liked George Wilson as a receiver a couple preseasons ago because he caught just about everything near him and he makes the roster but never sees the field all the while Peerless Price, Josh Reed and Sam Aiken have dropped numberous balls but still have jobs. How the hell hard is it to find a guy over 6'1" what can catch well? He wouldn't even need to be that fast.

Forward_Lateral
12-02-2007, 09:01 PM
Hopefully this means Lynch won't have to carry the ball 30 times every game, and have a shelf life of 3 seasons.

LtBillsFan66
12-02-2007, 09:03 PM
Is his nickname Action Jackson or am I making that up?

Confused
12-02-2007, 09:05 PM
Nice ring to that

Johnny Bugmenot
12-02-2007, 09:12 PM
Rb contoversy . :D
Controversy is when you have a good RB and a bad RB and the coaches in their infinite wisdom decide to start the bad one under the delusion that the bad one is in fact better than the good one.

This is no controversy.

camelcowboy
12-02-2007, 09:20 PM
Rb contoversy . :D Not at all, this is a asset to the bills barring our coaching staff isn't to stupid to use it right.

The Answer
12-02-2007, 11:15 PM
Played GREAT! In my opinion, he has earned the 2nd string position behind Lynch when healthy and I think that he should possibly get some carries even when Lynch IS healthy. The guy was just absolutely amazing today and he has playmaker written all over him.

After watching this beast you really have to wonder why on earth A-Train was even suited up the last few weeks. Action Jackson can ball!

Kudos to Marv for finding yet another undrafted gem like The Digi.

~The Answer