• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Answer
    The Plagiarist
    • Mar 2007

Trent "All I do is win games' Edwards

The Answer knows there's enough talk of The Young Gun already, but feels the need to start yet another thread about this phenom as his legend grows.

It's pretty disturbing that after what we witnessed today some people are still doubting this kid. HE IS A ROOKIE - a rookie that has a 4 - 1 mark as a starter (a botched onside kick recovery away from being 5 - 0), he's playing in a half assed offensive system with no true #2 receiver or any semblance of TE that can make plays. Also he has two 4th quarter comebacks already in his very short career. And for the people bringing up the fact that he has one TD pass - relax people, the TD's will come, and in bunches when we have a full compliment of weapons.

Also let's focus on today - going on the road is always tough, but this sunday we faced an emotional charged team and crowd in a very hostile enviroment, with no Lynch, Peters not playing most of the game, overcame a 16-5 deficit late in the 3rd quarter, and most importantly The Franchise made the type of throw late in the game that only the elite are capable of - during inclement weather as well.

So The Answer has to ask? Do we really not believe this kid is going to be good, elite Brady/Manning/MVP candidate type of good? Again - he is a rookie, that has come in and shown amazing ability and poise compared to a lot of other big name QB's did in their first seasons.

Maybe as Bills fans we are simply jaded and pessimistic because of the decade of futility. The Answer has waited 11 long years since Jimbo left - and now the wait is over. The future officially arrived today. Save this thread and bump it again and again - because we've found our man for at least the next 5 - 10 years.

~The Answer
    Last edited by The Answer; 12-02-2007, 08:29 PM.
  • elltrain22
    • Sep 2003

Re: Trent "All I do is win games' Edwards

Great post!!! I agree w/ all of your sentiments. I love Edwards. Accuracy, poise, great decision-making, and quick release. What I really like is what you made mention of, and that is how he is doing this w/ vitually no offensive talent around him, a bone-headed o.c. who can't call plays, and the most important thing, he is only a rookie, and is only going to get better. If DJ puts Losman back in at any time from this point on, I am going to drive to Buffalo and powerbomb his ignorant behind!!!
    If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• HHURRICANE
      • Mar 2005

Edwards is the real deal and of course it's now two weeks in a row where I predicted the outcome based on who was starting.

I'm either really smart or one QB is just better than the other.

Comment

• raphael120
        Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
        • Oct 2005

I was at the game today and all I kept thinking was "man, this place is crazy and this is one of the most hostile of environments for Edwards to play in"

I mean this place was LOUD today...Trent was very calm and poised, and I know we've heard that time and time again, but when your QB has those qualities, wins will come.

Comment

• The Answer
          The Plagiarist
          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
          Edwards is the real deal and of course it's now two weeks in a row where I predicted the outcome based on who was starting.

I'm either really smart or one QB is just better than the other.
          You really have to wonder where we would be right now if The rookie phenom had started since day one - not implying we would have beat the pats at home, but you have to believe this kid would have beat denver, and gave us a much better opportunity against PIT and JAX on the road.

Also forget to note is it any coincidence how much better our defense has played when MVP Edwards is in starting?

~The Answer

Comment

• patmoran2006
            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
            • Dec 2005

Just give it time, you aint gonna get the few holdover JP supporters on board based on one game.

He did his job today, that's what its all about. Forget numbers, when the team needed the yards at the end of the game he got them. that's all you can ask.

But just at its unfair to bash him if he has a terrible game as a rookie, don't annoint him based on today either.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• The Answer
              The Plagiarist
              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by patmoran2006
              Just give it time, you aint gonna get the few holdover JP supporters on board based on one game.

He did his job today, that's what its all about. Forget numbers, when the team needed the yards at the end of the game he got them. that's all you can ask.

But just at its unfair to bash him if he has a terrible game as a rookie, don't annoint him based on today either.
              Exactly - and even if he had played a mediorce or bad game, the throw at the end is all that matters.

Next up - the lowly dolfellon, and if The Young Gun don't begin his career against them strong and continue the ownage them we might have problems....

~The Answer

Comment

Working...
              X