• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

I went out to watch the game.

Our bartender approached me and said... "are you wearing the backup QBs jersey?" I said absolutely not. He's the starter. In the fourth quarter he said Damn you're right that kid looks good. Then we high fived.

Hindsight is 20/20 but foresight is a good value!
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• mybills
    81 st zoner
    • Jul 2002

Re: I went out to watch the game.

Originally posted by MBBedard
    Our bartender approached me and said... "are you wearing the backup QBs jersey?" I said absolutely not. He's the starter. In the fourth quarter he said Damn you're right that kid looks good.
    I'm glad your bartender agrees with me.
    Originally posted by mybills
    The first 3 quarters was a snooze fest, and the 4th quarter wasn't.
    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• BidsJr
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by MBBedard
      Our bartender approached me and said... "are you wearing the backup QBs jersey?" I said absolutely not. He's the starter. In the fourth quarter he said Damn you're right that kid looks good. Then we high fived.

Hindsight is 20/20 but foresight is a good value!
      "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• The King
        • Jun 2004

I'm glad your bartender agrees with me.
        Ill snooze all day if it means no turnovers, no sacks and a W.
        I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
        "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
        You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
        It was all
        true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• mybills
          81 st zoner
          • Jul 2002

Me too, however, I'll laugh all day when someone gets offended by me saying it was boring.
          I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• The King
            • Jun 2004

Me too, however, I'll laugh all day when someone gets offended by me saying it was boring.
            I enjoyed the game. We chipped away at the stone there was no point where I said we cant win this game.

Maybe you have ADHD?
            It was all

Comment

• mybills
              81 st zoner
              • Jul 2002

No, but my niece does.

I wasn't on the edge of the seat until the 4th qtr. Usually the whole game has you pulling out your hair or cheering your ass off. Maybe it was because I was sober..I'll watch it on NFLN tonight and make sure I'm drunk this time, then let you know.

Comment

Working...
              X