• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Bills D played lights out against the run

Portis’ longest run of the day was a mere 6 yards. What a great job and a major reason why we won!!
  • BlackMetalNinja
    I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
    • May 2005

Re: Bills D played lights out against the run

Yup, 25 carried for 50 yards is a damn good job by our run D.

Comment

• Mahdi
      • Mar 2004

McCargo is a beast!

Comment

• Mitchy moo
        Roways rooking ahread!
        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by BlackMetalNinja
        Yup, 25 carried for 50 yards is a damn good job by our run D.
        I think it really set the tone and in the second half we kept getting the ball back fairly quickly to kick another FG.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

The D really came to play, although DiGiorgio played like **** and I saw Whitner overrun a few plays.

They really kept us in the game and that safety ended up being the difference in the game. It takes damn good D to win without scoring a TD.

The one thing that bothered me was all the yards we gave up to Cooley, particularly in the first half. The Skins receivers are pretty bad and Randel El was out, so it's no big secret that he's their go-to guy, and we still couldn't cover him. It's another flaw in the cover 2- there is ALWAYS a soft spot in the zone and experienced players like Cooley know how to find it every damn time.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
            • Mar 2004

Triplett had his best game as a Bill, IMO. He looked like a probowler out there.

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
              The D really came to play, although DiGiorgio played like **** and I saw Whitner overrun a few plays.

They really kept us in the game and that safety ended up being the difference in the game. It takes damn good D to win without scoring a TD.

The one thing that bothered me was all the yards we gave up to Cooley, particularly in the first half. The Skins receivers are pretty bad and Randel El was out, so it's no big secret that he's their go-to guy, and we still couldn't cover him. It's another flaw in the cover 2- there is ALWAYS a soft spot in the zone and experienced players like Cooley know how to find it every damn time.
              yup, DiG overpersued the entire 1st half. Easily his worst game.

As far as the Cooley situation, our cover 2 is having problems trying to contain TE's. We have to do something about it if we are to win out. We are playing the Browns and the giants who have very capable TE's.
              sacrifice1
              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• RockStar36
                Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                • Sep 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37

A positive to the whole Cooley deal is how little he did in the second half. It showed how they adjusted at the half and took him out of the game.

D & S Sports

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by RockStar36
                  A positive to the whole Cooley deal is how little he did in the second half. It showed how they adjusted at the half and took him out of the game.
                  that's true- one of the rare successful adjustments from the coaching staff.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• The Answer
                    The Plagiarist
                    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
                    Triplett had his best game as a Bill, IMO. He looked like a probowler out there.
                    That was his MO in Indy too - played great 2/3 games a year, than dissappeared the rest of the time.

If he would put that type of effort every game he'd be a top 10 DT in this league.

~The Answer

Comment

Working...
                    X