PDA

View Full Version : Bills D played lights out against the run

Mitchy moo
12-03-2007, 07:12 AM
Portis’ longest run of the day was a mere 6 yards. What a great job and a major reason why we won!!

BlackMetalNinja
12-03-2007, 07:22 AM
Yup, 25 carried for 50 yards is a damn good job by our run D.

Mahdi
12-03-2007, 08:34 AM
McCargo is a beast!

Mitchy moo
12-03-2007, 10:38 AM
Yup, 25 carried for 50 yards is a damn good job by our run D.

I think it really set the tone and in the second half we kept getting the ball back fairly quickly to kick another FG.

OpIv37
12-03-2007, 10:41 AM
The D really came to play, although DiGiorgio played like **** and I saw Whitner overrun a few plays.

They really kept us in the game and that safety ended up being the difference in the game. It takes damn good D to win without scoring a TD.

The one thing that bothered me was all the yards we gave up to Cooley, particularly in the first half. The Skins receivers are pretty bad and Randel El was out, so it's no big secret that he's their go-to guy, and we still couldn't cover him. It's another flaw in the cover 2- there is ALWAYS a soft spot in the zone and experienced players like Cooley know how to find it every damn time.

Forward_Lateral
12-03-2007, 10:45 AM
Triplett had his best game as a Bill, IMO. He looked like a probowler out there.

justasportsfan
12-03-2007, 10:45 AM
The D really came to play, although DiGiorgio played like **** and I saw Whitner overrun a few plays.

They really kept us in the game and that safety ended up being the difference in the game. It takes damn good D to win without scoring a TD.

The one thing that bothered me was all the yards we gave up to Cooley, particularly in the first half. The Skins receivers are pretty bad and Randel El was out, so it's no big secret that he's their go-to guy, and we still couldn't cover him. It's another flaw in the cover 2- there is ALWAYS a soft spot in the zone and experienced players like Cooley know how to find it every damn time.
yup, DiG overpersued the entire 1st half. Easily his worst game.

As far as the Cooley situation, our cover 2 is having problems trying to contain TE's. We have to do something about it if we are to win out. We are playing the Browns and the giants who have very capable TE's.

RockStar36
12-03-2007, 10:47 AM

A positive to the whole Cooley deal is how little he did in the second half. It showed how they adjusted at the half and took him out of the game.

OpIv37
12-03-2007, 10:52 AM
A positive to the whole Cooley deal is how little he did in the second half. It showed how they adjusted at the half and took him out of the game.

that's true- one of the rare successful adjustments from the coaching staff.

The Answer
12-03-2007, 11:32 AM
Triplett had his best game as a Bill, IMO. He looked like a probowler out there.

That was his MO in Indy too - played great 2/3 games a year, than dissappeared the rest of the time.

If he would put that type of effort every game he'd be a top 10 DT in this league.

~The Answer