X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BuffaloBrave
    • Oct 2007

Best Quote I have ever heard about the Bills

When I watch the Bills, I feel like I'm watching a bunch of guys who would play football for free.
    From Peter King, our favorite sportswriter, over at SI.com. I don't think you could give a better compliment to a team. Shows what energy and passion that these guys play with. Not all of these guys would be starting if it wasn't for the injuries we had. They are certainly making the most out of it!

LINK

(it's under letter 'f')
  • mybills
    81 st zoner
    • Jul 2002

Re: Best Quote I have ever heard about the Bills

He's right about this, too. I was shocked that Larry could do that!

"Buffalo defensive tackle Larry Tripplett made one of the prettiest diving interceptions of the year at Washington ... and he weighs 308 pounds."
    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Historian
      2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
      • Dec 2002

That's been true about the Buffalo Bills since they signed Jim Kelly in August of 1986.

Comment

• The King
        Without me it's just Awe so
        • Jun 2004

WE do have such a good group of "good" guys. Its hard to not like any of them.
        I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
        "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
        You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
        It was all
        true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
        He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
        mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Coach Sal
          • Aug 2006

Originally posted by mybills
          He's right about this, too. I was shocked that Larry could do that!

"Buffalo defensive tackle Larry Tripplett made one of the prettiest diving interceptions of the year at Washington ... and he weighs 308 pounds."
          As great as that play was by Tripplett (and it was a great play by him), the athleticism McGee used to deflect that ball was even better.

The WR's body was in perfect position in front of him, it was an accurate throw with good velocity, and McGee broke as hard as he could and laid out virtually horizontal to get his hand in front of the player and bat the ball back, no less.

If you get the chance to see the game on replay or recorded it, watch when they show that play from the back of the defense. Wow.

That was simply a terrific NFL play all around.
          Click to listen:

Buffalo Bills Now! and NFL Now! podcasts
          And every Saturday at 11am on WGR

"A good name is more desirable than great riches, and high esteem is better than silver and gold."

Class Character Commitment Consistency Courage

Comment

• Romes
            • Jul 2002

Tripplet hustling to get into position to pick that pass off says a lot about how this team is coached.
            Originally posted by paladin warrior
            RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
              • May 2003

The one positive side to all of the injuries is the development of a lot of good young players - Jackson, DiGiorgio, Greer, Wilson, etc. - who are happy for the chance to play, and show it.
              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• G. Host
                Banned
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Romes
                Tripplet hustling to get into position to pick that pass off says a lot about how this team is coached.
                Tripplet gets to join the club of players who have had a interception. The backs have some sort of bet with efense who pay out when someone gets one. Bet the backs are surprised on who is getting paid this week although McGee should not have to pay this week as repayment for the assist.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                  The one positive side to all of the injuries is the development of a lot of good young players - Jackson, DiGiorgio, Greer, Wilson, etc. - who are happy for the chance to play, and show it.
                  Can I remove Wislon from the list?

I do agree that the injuries have allowed some of our depth to develop. Does Marv look like he knows what he's doing because I think he does.

Comment

• TedMock
                    • Jul 2002

As much as this coaching staff has made me crazy this year - we can't discount the fact that this team does come out and play 100% on just about every down. That's a testament to the staff and GM. Having said that, I still think Fairchild is a big problem and should be let go!

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                      Can I remove Wislon from the list?

Why would you?

Comment

• Gunzlingr
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by G. Host
                        Tripplet gets to join the club of players who have had a interception. The backs have some sort of bet with efense who pay out when someone gets one. Bet the backs are surprised on who is getting paid this week although McGee should not have to pay this week as repayment for the assist.
                        Better not, that violates league rules. Just ask the packers.
                        You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• G. Host
                          Banned
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Gunzlingr
                          Better not, that violates league rules. Just ask the packers.
                          Not the same for the team was offering that. Players do it all the time. QBs are well known for promising to take linemen out to dinner or even in one case buy watches when they are not sacked. I do not think Trent Edwards can afford to do that with our line - he is only a third round pick and those are some BIG boys.

Comment

• TigerJ
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TedMock
                            As much as this coaching staff has made me crazy this year - we can't discount the fact that this team does come out and play 100% on just about every down. That's a testament to the staff and GM. Having said that, I still think Fairchild is a big problem and should be let go!
                            I'm starting to agree with that sentiment. There are some decent players on this offense, and Fairchild has to bear some accountability for an entire season of ineptitude and inability to put points on the board.
                            I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

Working...
                            X