PDA

View Full Version : Is there one college prospect out there tight now that makes you drool?

jpdex12
12-03-2007, 09:03 AM
I read a recent article about Chris Long, Howie Long's son, who plays at U of Virginia and he is regarded as a gamechanger at the DE position.

DE is not a top priority for us in the coming draft but neither was QB in the 3rd round last year.

If he is on the board when we are picking he would be hard to pass us. I think this kid is absolutely the character that Marv and company love and he is a monster on the dline. I would love to see him in a Bill's uni next year.

Who's your stud in the 2008 draft?

Devin
12-03-2007, 09:12 AM
Glenn Dorsey.

DraftBoy
12-03-2007, 09:14 AM
Glenn Dorsey

LtFinFan66
12-03-2007, 09:17 AM
The future Miami Dolphin Glenn Dorsey you mean. Devin will love that

Devin
12-03-2007, 09:18 AM
Thats the one bad thing about the fins sucking so bad. Seeing a player that ive watched for years and truly enjoy watch playing going to the ****ing fins.

All I can hope is the ineptitude continues in Miami and they draft a kicker or something.

X-Era
12-03-2007, 12:27 PM
I read a recent article about Chris Long, Howie Long's son, who plays at U of Virginia and he is regarded as a gamechanger at the DE position.

DE is not a top priority for us in the coming draft but neither was QB in the 3rd round last year.

If he is on the board when we are picking he would be hard to pass us. I think this kid is absolutely the character that Marv and company love and he is a monster on the dline. I would love to see him in a Bill's uni next year.

Who's your stud in the 2008 draft?

Glenn Dorsey is the best prospect IMO.

That said, I LOVE the way Eddie Royal WR, VT plays.

Im also a big fan of Felix Jones, the guy has gamebreaking speed

PECKERWOOD
12-03-2007, 01:03 PM
Kenny Phillips

jpdex12
12-03-2007, 03:16 PM
Kenny Phillips

I usually recognize a prospect. Must have missed something...Kenny Phillips?

TigerJ
12-03-2007, 11:23 PM
Any running back from Arkansas.

Devin
12-03-2007, 11:48 PM
I usually recognize a prospect. Must have missed something...Kenny Phillips?

Safety for Miami. Generally regarded as the top S prospect.

Not bad, hes versatile and can play both SS and FS. Hes not near what Landry was coming out, I like him but hes not at least imo in the spirit of the thread. Least with the likes of Dorsey, Mcfadden...etc.

PECKERWOOD
12-04-2007, 11:49 AM
Safety for Miami. Generally regarded as the top S prospect.

Not bad, hes versatile and can play both SS and FS. Hes not near what Landry was coming out, I like him but hes not at least imo in the spirit of the thread. Least with the likes of Dorsey, Mcfadden...etc.

He's the next big playmaker from U, mostly overlooked by the vast majority of people because the U hasn't been winning as many games as other programs this year. Plus, in some weird fantasy in my mind I can see him ending up in a Bills uni next to Whitner. How sweet would that be? Definite upgrade to our secondary as I'm not completely sold on Ko.

Also, say what you want about Dorsey, Devin but he has had a pretty quiet 2nd half of the season, nowhere near as dominant as he was in the 1st half.

DraftBoy
12-04-2007, 12:25 PM
He's the next big playmaker from U, mostly overlooked by the vast majority of people because the U hasn't been winning as many games as other programs this year. Plus, in some weird fantasy in my mind I can see him ending up in a Bills uni next to Whitner. How sweet would that be? Definite upgrade to our secondary as I'm not completely sold on Ko.

Also, say what you want about Dorsey, Devin but he has had a pretty quiet 2nd half of the season, nowhere near as dominant as he was in the 1st half.

He's been injured and playing through it most of the 2nd half too

Devin
12-04-2007, 01:40 PM

Not only was he injured and playing through pain but even at half speed teams had to gameplan for him. Even if he wasnt making plays he was disrupting them.

Confused
12-04-2007, 02:11 PM
glenn dorsey or dan connor. realistically. malcolm kelly is the best fit here.

PECKERWOOD
12-04-2007, 08:34 PM
He's been injured and playing through it most of the 2nd half too

Not only was he injured and playing through pain but even at half speed teams had to gameplan for him. Even if he wasnt making plays he was disrupting them.
Yep, he is knicked up. Granted the man can play through pain, I won't dispute that but he has had a quiet 2nd half and not many people are talking about that. He has seen nowhere near as many double teams because teams haven't had to as much, still disruptive, yes but if you were to put Amobi Okoye in this years draft with Dorsey, I'm telling you right now I'd hands down take Amobi Okoye over the future #1 overall pick in this years draft.

Devin
12-05-2007, 07:25 AM
Yep, he is knicked up. Granted the man can play through pain, I won't dispute that but he has had a quiet 2nd half and not many people are talking about that. He has seen nowhere near as many double teams because teams haven't had to as much, still disruptive, yes but if you were to put Amobi Okoye in this years draft with Dorsey, I'm telling you right now I'd hands down take Amobi Okoye over the future #1 overall pick in this years draft.

64 tackles, 6 sacks, 11.5 tackles for loss. Not only has he been a constant source of disruption on the line but hes played through pain and made some kind of impact in almost every game hes played.

As far as his production goes its been pretty steady throughout. Ive watched every LSU game here, and I am not sure what games you have watched.......if any.....but that kid gets constant attention.

as far as he goes vs. Okoye.....to each thier own. They are almost identical in size. I believe Dorsey to be the bigger impact player, but again to each thier own.

Ickybaluky
12-05-2007, 11:57 AM
I like Quentin Groves of Auburn. He is something of a tweener, but he has great size/speed combo and has been productive, matching Auburn's all-time sack record (26). He was banged up this year and missed some time because of 3 dislocated toes, but showed some toughness coming back and playing through it. Despite the down senior year, he still probably projects as a 1st round pick.

I think he will be an even better Pro than college player. He is a great fit as a 3-4 rush end, in the Joey Porter mold. He is the same size as Porter and may even be a better athlete. Dreadlocks give him bonus points.

PECKERWOOD
12-06-2007, 03:51 PM
64 tackles, 6 sacks, 11.5 tackles for loss. Not only has he been a constant source of disruption on the line but hes played through pain and made some kind of impact in almost every game hes played.

As far as his production goes its been pretty steady throughout. Ive watched every LSU game here, and I am not sure what games you have watched.......if any.....but that kid gets constant attention.

as far as he goes vs. Okoye.....to each thier own. They are almost identical in size. I believe Dorsey to be the bigger impact player, but again to each thier own.

I've watched my share of LSU games, I don't catch 'every single game' like some of the draft scouts we have here but I know enough to say that if he were in last year's draft he would have been far from the #1 pick and would most likely be in a Bills uniform if he had declared. I'm not saying that he is a bad player so please don't insinuate such things, I'm saying that the media and you have overhyped this guy to hell.

Devin
12-06-2007, 06:18 PM
I've watched my share of LSU games, I don't catch 'every single game' like some of the draft scouts we have here but I know enough to say that if he were in last year's draft he would have been far from the #1 pick and would most likely be in a Bills uniform if he had declared. I'm not saying that he is a bad player so please don't insinuate such things, I'm saying that the media and you have overhyped this guy to hell.

So everyone has got it wrong cept you huh?

Bling
12-06-2007, 07:49 PM
I've heard some whispers about Dorsey being too hyped as well. I don't know. I'm not going to call myself Draft Guru, because I've never seen the guy play, but... there are people that are quietly calling him hype...

DraftBoy
12-06-2007, 08:42 PM

1 Oakland JaMarcus Russell QB
2 Detroit Calvin Johnson WR
3 Cleveland Joe Thomas OT
4 Tampa Bay Gaines Adams DE
5 Arizona Levi Brown OT
6 Washington LaRon Landry FS
7 Minnesota Adrian Peterson RB
8 Atlanta Jamaal Anderson DE
9 Miami Ted Ginn Jr. WR
10 Houston Amobi Okoye DT
11 San Francisco Patrick Willis ILB
12 Buffalo Marshawn Lynch RB

Glenn Dorsey goes in the 06 Draft at the very latest 4th overall. Oakland may or may not take Russell with Dorsey available, the game is won in the trenches first then with the QB. So do they change their tactics? Maybe. I dont think the Lions were every taking anybody then Johnson and I dont see the Browns coming off Thomas. However there is no way that Tampa passes on Dorsey for Adams. He was a sure fire top 5 pick and there is no way he falls anywhere near Buffalo.

Bmax
12-06-2007, 09:06 PM
Vernon Gholston -DE Ohio St....i don't see how De can't be a need for us we are not getting anything from Denney ,Schobel and Kelsey...Hargrove is gone next year...This guy is zooming up draft boards...The LSU -OHIO ST game could have 6 first rd picks or more just on def...

Bmax

Devin
12-07-2007, 02:26 AM
5 Arizona Levi Brown OT
9 Miami Ted Ginn Jr. WR

Glenn Dorsey goes in the 06 Draft at the very latest 4th overall. Oakland may or may not take Russell with Dorsey available, the game is won in the trenches first then with the QB. So do they change their tactics? Maybe. I dont think the Lions were every taking anybody then Johnson and I dont see the Browns coming off Thomas. However there is no way that Tampa passes on Dorsey for Adams. He was a sure fire top 5 pick and there is no way he falls anywhere near Buffalo.

:bf1:

Last year dorsey was mentioned as a top 10 pick before saying he was staying. He comes out this year and plays not just better but significantly better.

This is the first time all year ive heard anyone say Dorsey was "hype".

YardRat
12-07-2007, 05:23 AM
So everyone has got it wrong cept you huh?

Stuff like that never happens. Just ask Tony Mandarich.

Don't Panic
12-07-2007, 07:59 AM
Branden Albert, LG (future LT) - Virginia. You'll see....

tampabay25690
12-08-2007, 09:14 AM
I have seen Dorsey play and he had a better year last year. Mcfadden is the Peterson of this years draft. I like Dorsey but I have seen him dominated in games and I have seen him DOminate games.

PECKERWOOD
12-08-2007, 05:51 PM
5 Arizona Levi Brown OT
9 Miami Ted Ginn Jr. WR

I feel if Amobi dropped to #10 then there is no reason that Dorsey wouldn't have. I for one will take Okoye over Dorsey annnny day of the week. Does anybody seriously think that Dorsey is going to match what Amobi did in his rookie year? I highly doubt it, as a matter of fact I will bet all my ZB's to anybody willing that Dorsey's sack total wont match or surpass Okoye's sack total his rookie season. Any takers?

PECKERWOOD
12-08-2007, 05:55 PM
I have seen Dorsey play and he had a better year last year. Mcfadden is the Peterson of this years draft. I like Dorsey but I have seen him dominated in games and I have seen him DOminate games.

Absolutely, some of these guys need to stop sniffin Kiper's jock strap because Dorsey hasn't been as dominate as some are implying. He is good, don't get me wrong, he is the best DT of this years draft but I'd still take Okoye who went 10 overall from last years draft over Dorsey. I don't mean to beat a deadhorse here but I've seen Dorsey get dominated in the latter half of the season as well. Also, I think Peterson is a heckuva lot better than Mcfadden as I think this will be a weak draft class in comparison to previous years.

PECKERWOOD
12-08-2007, 05:57 PM
:bf1:

Last year dorsey was mentioned as a top 10 pick before saying he was staying. He comes out this year and plays not just better but significantly better.

This is the first time all year ive heard anyone say Dorsey was "hype".

I'm not saying that he is a bad player but yes he is so overhyped it's almost reminiscent to the hype that Reggie got.

Devin
12-08-2007, 06:31 PM
I feel if Amobi dropped to #10 then there is no reason that Dorsey wouldn't have. I for one will take Okoye over Dorsey annnny day of the week. Does anybody seriously think that Dorsey is going to match what Amobi did in his rookie year? I highly doubt it, as a matter of fact I will bet all my ZB's to anybody willing that Dorsey's sack total wont match or surpass Okoye's sack total his rookie season. Any takers?

Which is why thankfully you wont ever be a GM. As far as year one production it depends where he lands. Okoye plays on the same DL as last years #1 overall pick. Mario williams has had a phenomenal year 2 and is likely to hit double digits sacks before the years out. If Dorsey (who rightfully should be drafted in the top5) goes to say Miami......I dont know.

Year one as I said I dont know, but I absolutley believe Dorsey has the better career at least production wise.

Absolutely, some of these guys need to stop sniffin Kiper's jock strap because Dorsey hasn't been as dominate as some are implying. He is good, don't get me wrong, he is the best DT of this years draft but I'd still take Okoye who went 10 overall from last years draft over Dorsey. I don't mean to beat a deadhorse here but I've seen Dorsey get dominated in the latter half of the season as well. Also, I think Peterson is a heckuva lot better than Mcfadden as I think this will be a weak draft class in comparison to previous years.

No one is "sniffing Kiper's jock". In fact id go so far as to say most the guys here who actually know anything about college ball and the draft pretty much take him with a grain of salt. No I actually base my opinion on what I see. Ive watched every single LSU game played this season, start to finish. Dorsey played the second half of the season hurt, I wont go into the "tough as nails" argument because its irrelevant right now.

Dorsey is not only very good against the run but he maybe one of those DT's who can give you 4-7 sacks a season on top of that.

Dorsey at half speed is better then most. "Baby Sapp" prior to the chop block he received against Auburn when all out every play and was on the field almost every snap. The thing you experts who see like 5 quarters of LSU ball a year dont seem to get is Dorsey is double sometimes triple teamed every down.

Dominated the 2nd half of the season huh? The second half of the season he had more tackles for a loss, his tackle production stayed almost identical to the first half and while his sack production trailed off it is a tad harder to do when your carrying the entire interior of a OL on your back.

I like Okoye, always have. That said Dorsey is the better all around DT.

I'm not saying that he is a bad player but yes he is so overhyped it's almost reminiscent to the hype that Reggie got.

Hes over-hyped for good reason. Yes ill agree he does have a lot of hype surrounding him, but its not like it appeared overnight. Dorsey was a top 10 pick last year, he followed it up with another stellar season and appears now to be a top 5 pick.

Confused
12-08-2007, 06:32 PM
I want dan connor in the 1st and limas sweede in the second. never happen but wtf?

DraftBoy
12-08-2007, 07:35 PM

Well your feeling is wrong Dorsey was regarded as the best DT last year even considering Okoy and of course you'll take Okoye now but then his age and development curve were huge question marks. Okoye also had the benefit of going one on one a good bit to start his career, look at his stats;
http://www.nfl.com/players/amobiokoye/gamelogs?id=OKO541722

His last 3 games, a total of 3 tackles, 0 sacks, why do you think that is?

Your bet is a sucker bet, nobody has ever said that Dorsey is a pass rushing DT, he is a run stuffing, pocket collapsing one so of course I wont bet on his ability to equal Okoye's sack total. Dorsey is like Tommie Harris, Okoye is a new breed of DT that we havent really seen yet in the NFL. Who will be better? I dont know, I think Okoye has a higher ceiling bc of his pass rush, but as of now Im taking Dorsey still last April.

First off, dont go with the Kiper comments, Ive been doing this way too long to sit here and take crap about it. If you disagree fine, but Im willing to put my record on the line any time you want for public comparison with yours and Kiper's. Yea Im that damn confident in what I do for this site. Ive never seen Dorsey get dominated like you say, Ive seen him get pancacked on a play or two, but never for a full game, which it seems you are implying if you arent, then my misunderstanding. If you think this class is weak, I beg to differ, but thats an argument for another thread, feel free to start the thread and Ill respond when I have more time.

The hype of Reggie Bush was not from Draftniks very few ever thought that he would ever become a 25 carry back, and to be honest I think Sean Payton has misused Bush so far. Bush is still one of the most electric players in football but he needs an offensive genius to know how to use him. Look for him to try and team back up with Chow if he gets a shot to in the future.

PECKERWOOD
12-09-2007, 05:24 PM
It's just your opinion, I once again never said Dorsey was bad but COMPLETELY overhyped. He will be good but he isn't the next coming of Sapp like some of you are making him out to be. Who wants to take my bet up? You guys brought up sack totals and other statistics so put your money where your mouth is. Split up 4,000 ZB's between the both of ya's and let's see who is right. Dorsey will not have nearly as many sacks as Okoye did his rookie season, any takers? Dorsey is a 1st round pick for sure but not worthy of going #1 overall, he may be disruptive some of the time but I've also seen him disappear for good chunks of games as well. Since you two are so confident in your abilities take up my bet please.

Which is why thankfully you wont ever be a GM.
Reality check: You'll never be a GM either.

Your bet is a sucker bet, nobody has ever said that Dorsey is a pass rushing DT, he is a run stuffing, pocket collapsing one so of course I wont bet on his ability to equal Okoye's sack total. Dorsey is like Tommie Harris, Okoye is a new breed of DT that we havent really seen yet in the NFL. Who will be better? I dont know, I think Okoye has a higher ceiling bc of his pass rush, but as of now Im taking Dorsey still last April.

Actually, Devin is calling him a baby Sapp and in which case he is 100% completely wrong. Typically when you think of Warren Sapp you think of the Godly sack numbers that he put up and his consistent pressure on the QB.

First off, dont go with the Kiper comments, Ive been doing this way too long to sit here and take crap about it. If you disagree fine, but Im willing to put my record on the line any time you want for public comparison with yours and Kiper's. Yea Im that damn confident in what I do for this site. Ive never seen Dorsey get dominated like you say, Ive seen him get pancacked on a play or two, but never for a full game, which it seems you are implying if you arent, then my misunderstanding. If you think this class is weak, I beg to differ, but thats an argument for another thread, feel free to start the thread and Ill respond when I have more time.

Fair is fair, I don't care to argue all prospects from this years draft to last years draft because that would take up way more time than I'm willing to spend. Say what you want about Dorsey but I don't think he deserves to go #1 overall and in last year's draft he wouldn't have gone nowhere near #1, imo.

PECKERWOOD
12-09-2007, 05:45 PM
1 Oakland JaMarcus Russell QB :check: ( Needed QB more than anything. )
2 Detroit Calvin Johnson WR :check: ( Already have Redding and Rogers.. )
3 Cleveland Joe Thomas OT :check: ( Needed help on OL, still good pick.. )
4 Tampa Bay Gaines Adams DE :check: ( Released Simeon Rice, needed replacement. )
5 Arizona Levi Brown OT :check: ( Leinart needed his blindside protected plus Dockett is a beast. )
6 Washington LaRon Landry FS :check: ( This is the earliest place that I could even remotely see Dorsey going at last year.. Washington's secondary was hurting so Landry would still be a good value pick at this position. )
7 Minnesota Adrian Peterson RB :check: ( Fat Pat and Kevin Williams, need I say more? )
8 Atlanta Jamaal Anderson DE :check: ( Hindsight is 20/20 they may have taken Dorsey here if they would have known that Grady would be done midseason, however will Kerney's departure Anderson here is not an unbelievable notion. )
9 Miami Ted Ginn Jr. WR :check: ( I have no clue what Miami's staff was thinking here but apparently they are very high on Ginn. If I were at this spot I would've taken Okoye but hey, they didn't do that anyway. )
10 Houston Amobi Okoye DT ( This is the controversial pick if Dorsey were available in last year's draft. Maybe he could go #10 overall but if I were the Texans I'd still take Okoye here. )
11 San Francisco Patrick Willis ILB ( Hard to argue against the 49er's thinking here because Willis is the clear cut Rookie Defensive MVP this year. )
12 Buffalo Marshawn Lynch RB ( Some say that Lynch was a reach here.. Would Buffalo have chosen differently if Okoye was available? I say yes. )

Dorsey would have been gone in the top 15 for sure but whether or not he would've been taken in the top 10 is disputable.

DraftBoy
12-09-2007, 06:31 PM
1 Oakland JaMarcus Russell QB :check: ( Needed QB more than anything. )
2 Detroit Calvin Johnson WR :check: ( Already have Redding and Rogers.. )
3 Cleveland Joe Thomas OT :check: ( Needed help on OL, still good pick.. )
4 Tampa Bay Gaines Adams DE :check: ( Released Simeon Rice, needed replacement. )
5 Arizona Levi Brown OT :check: ( Leinart needed his blindside protected plus Dockett is a beast. )
6 Washington LaRon Landry FS :check: ( This is the earliest place that I could even remotely see Dorsey going at last year.. Washington's secondary was hurting so Landry would still be a good value pick at this position. )
7 Minnesota Adrian Peterson RB :check: ( Fat Pat and Kevin Williams, need I say more? )
8 Atlanta Jamaal Anderson DE :check: ( Hindsight is 20/20 they may have taken Dorsey here if they would have known that Grady would be done midseason, however will Kerney's departure Anderson here is not an unbelievable notion. )
9 Miami Ted Ginn Jr. WR :check: ( I have no clue what Miami's staff was thinking here but apparently they are very high on Ginn. If I were at this spot I would've taken Okoye but hey, they didn't do that anyway. )
10 Houston Amobi Okoye DT ( This is the controversial pick if Dorsey were available in last year's draft. Maybe he could go #10 overall but if I were the Texans I'd still take Okoye here. )
11 San Francisco Patrick Willis ILB ( Hard to argue against the 49er's thinking here because Willis is the clear cut Rookie Defensive MVP this year. )
12 Buffalo Marshawn Lynch RB ( Some say that Lynch was a reach here.. Would Buffalo have chosen differently if Okoye was available? I say yes. )

Dorsey would have been gone in the top 15 for sure but whether or not he would've been taken in the top 10 is disputable.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2950617

Rice was cut well after the draft, Tampa would of taken Dorsey without question

Devin
12-09-2007, 06:38 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2950617

Rice was cut well after the draft, Tampa would of taken Dorsey without question

you keep facts out of this argument!

DraftBoy
12-09-2007, 06:41 PM
you keep facts out of this argument!

Fine but can I keep Kiper's jock??!? It means so much to me!!!!!!! I need it in order to have any knowledge at all about the Draft!!!

Devin
12-09-2007, 06:49 PM
It's just your opinion, I once again never said Dorsey was bad but COMPLETELY overhyped. He will be good but he isn't the next coming of Sapp like some of you are making him out to be. Who wants to take my bet up? You guys brought up sack totals and other statistics so put your money where your mouth is. Split up 4,000 ZB's between the both of ya's and let's see who is right. Dorsey will not have nearly as many sacks as Okoye did his rookie season, any takers? Dorsey is a 1st round pick for sure but not worthy of going #1 overall, he may be disruptive some of the time but I've also seen him disappear for good chunks of games as well. Since you two are so confident in your abilities take up my bet please.

I guess im just gonna go ahead and call your bluff. While after this thread I am not even convinced youve actually seen more then a few quarters of his play this year, his play has been relativley consistent all season long. Even with the injuries hes played through. And while like DB said your bet is basically a sucker bet considering (rightfully so) that he will be a top 5 pick.......very likely the top overall.......its impossible to tell the situation hes going to. After watching the fins today i wouldnt be shocked to see anyone fail there. But sure we can throw a couple grand worth of ZB's on it.

And for clarification, maybe you werent aware, but a DT's job is to stop the run, collapse the pocket...etc. If you measure a DT's worth strictly with sacks you likely need to get back in the film room with The Answer.

Actually, Devin is calling him a baby Sapp and in which case he is 100% completely wrong. Typically when you think of Warren Sapp you think of the Godly sack numbers that he put up and his consistent pressure on the QB.

Devin didnt call him anything, thats what hes been dubbed by most experts. When I think of Warren Sapp I think of a disruptive force on the line. Thats EXACTLY what Dorsey is. A big, strong disruptive DT who is strong against the run and can almost at will collapse a pocket. While he may never give you 10 sacks a season hes going to toss in anywhere from 4-7 sacks.

Fair is fair, I don't care to argue all prospects from this years draft to last years draft because that would take up way more time than I'm willing to spend. Say what you want about Dorsey but I don't think he deserves to go #1 overall and in last year's draft he wouldn't have gone nowhere near #1, imo.

Youre right about one thing he wouldnt have gone #1 last year. My guess would be Tampa at #4.

Its not always about "deserve", technically McFadden should be #1 in that case.

DraftBoy
12-09-2007, 06:54 PM
I guess im just gonna go ahead and call your bluff. While after this thread I am not even convinced youve actually seen more then a few quarters of his play this year, his play has been relativley consistent all season long. Even with the injuries hes played through. And while like DB said your bet is basically a sucker bet considering (rightfully so) that he will be a top 5 pick.......very likely the top overall.......its impossible to tell the situation hes going to. After watching the fins today i wouldnt be shocked to see anyone fail there. But sure we can throw a couple grand worth of ZB's on it.

And for clarification, maybe you werent aware, but a DT's job is to stop the run, collapse the pocket...etc. If you measure a DT's worth strictly with sacks you likely need to get back in the film room with The Answer.

Devin didnt call him anything, thats what hes been dubbed by most experts. When I think of Warren Sapp I think of a disruptive force on the line. Thats EXACTLY what Dorsey is. A big, strong disruptive DT who is strong against the run and can almost at will collapse a pocket. While he may never give you 10 sacks a season hes going to toss in anywhere from 4-7 sacks.

Youre right about one thing he wouldnt have gone #1 last year. My guess would be Tampa at #4.

Completely correct, but Ill throw in a few ZB's too, but we will be measuring sacks, tackles, TFL, and FF not just sacks so its a little bit better of a bet. 5k a piece?

LifetimeBillsFan
12-09-2007, 07:33 PM
I wanted the Bills to draft Dorsey if he had come out after last season (he got hurt in his bowl game and decided to stay for his senior year). I think he will go Top 3-5 this year, so the Bills have no shot at getting him.

Kelly the WR from Oklahoma is my favorite pick for the Bills in the first round this year. I would be happy with Cason, the CB from Arizona, and either Jenkins from Ohio State or the CB from South Florida (Jenkins also, I think), if the Bills don't go with Kelly.

I love Fred Davis, the TE from USC, but he probably goes in the late first round, but would be delighted with Martin Rucker, the TE from Missouri, if he is still there, in the second round.

I see the Bills needing to get a big, fast WR to compliment Evans, a TE who can spread the field, a good CB, a LB who can at least become a good back-up behind the guys they have, and, ideally, a pass-rushing DE out of this draft. It won't be easy, but, depending on what they are able to get for Losman (I'm not expecting much, but this isn't a great year for QBs in the draft) and with the pick that they got from Baltimore for McGahee, they just might be able to get enough players to cover most of their most glaring needs out of this year's draft.

IMHO they need another really good draft class to take the next step forward as contenders and may need one more after that to really establish themselves as serious playoff contenders. The good thing to come out of all the injuries that they have had this season is that they have found some guys on their bench who can play and that they can be confident in having play a role on their team as they go forward. DiGiorgio, Hargraves, Gaines, Greer are definitely guys that you can put in games down the road and they won't embarrass themselves and you can live with having to start them if you have to because they won't kill you. At least that's the way I see it.

Mr. Pink
12-09-2007, 09:48 PM
One guy I like in round 1 is Malcolm Jenkins out of Ohio State. We could use a better number 2 corner than what we have now and someone who makes plays. A year or two down the line and he would/should become our number 1 Corner. No offense to McGee but I don't think he should be a number 1. Plus he comes out of the school that produces good defensive backs.

Some mid round guys that I have been enamored with lately...

Korey Lichtensteiger C Bowling Green - has started every game since being a Frosh at Bowling Green. 6-3 305 and can maul people. Converted Guard. Everyone already knows my dislike of Fowler at the position.

John Carlson TE Notre Dame - one of the few bright spots on a downright pathetic Irish squad. Play has curtailed a little from his Junior season but that's somewhat expected when you view the team around him. He can actually <gasp> catch.

Marcus Monk WR Arkansas - two August knee surgeries cut short his senior year. 10 catches with 3 TDs if I remember correctly on the season. At 6-5 he's a big redzone target and possession receiver. With this guy it's risk vs reward, his talent minus the knee surgeries and he's legitimately at worst a 2nd round pick so taking him in the 5th, about where he should go, means the risk vs reward is worth it.

Carlton Powell DT VTech - A guy who can be a disruptive force in the middle when his head is in the game. Don't know if he fits the system but as a late round flier he could be worth it.

Robert Felton G Arkansas - A mauling runblocking Guard who helped pave the way for McFadden for the past couple seasons. Stock appears to be rising among the league. We could use an upgrade at the RG position and our run blocking at times is absolutely attrocious. Good pick in the 4th round.

Wesley Woodyard OLB Kentucky - Runs a 4.49. Lead the SEC in tackles with 124. Has speed to play in the cover 2 obviously and has good tackling ability. I don't like either Digi or Ellison much on the outside.

And then if we go a different direction in round 1 than corner...I'd like to see us take Trae Williams CB South Florida in round 2. Trae has 13 INTs the past two seasons and 6 this year. 3 of which he's returned to the house. His size is suspect at only 5-10 but he runs a 4.4

LifetimeBillsFan
12-10-2007, 02:24 AM
Marcus Monk is a wonderful "sleeper". Good pick there.

Monk never had a QB at Arkansas who could consistently get him the ball, but he always seemed to be able to get open in the games that I saw him in. My big concern with him would be the impact that the injuries that he has had on his speed. If it appears that he will be able to get his speed back, I agree that he would be a terrific mid-round pick. (Wisconsin also had a big WR who was a deep threat who also got hurt--he could be a pretty good mid-to-late round sleeper also, but I like Monk a lot more.)

DraftBoy
12-10-2007, 07:22 AM
Marcus Monk is a wonderful "sleeper". Good pick there.

Monk never had a QB at Arkansas who could consistently get him the ball, but he always seemed to be able to get open in the games that I saw him in. My big concern with him would be the impact that the injuries that he has had on his speed. If it appears that he will be able to get his speed back, I agree that he would be a terrific mid-round pick. (Wisconsin also had a big WR who was a deep threat who also got hurt--he could be a pretty good mid-to-late round sleeper also, but I like Monk a lot more.)

Paul Hubbard may be the name from Wisconsin you are searching for

PECKERWOOD
12-10-2007, 01:28 PM

It depends on the system Mr. Mayock. Good DT's don't just stop the run, they get after the QB. See Rogers, Coleman, Jenkins, Okoye, Stroud and Henderson. You wanted to repeat what your idols have dubbed him as the next Sapp then don't hide behind what they said instead of backing up your own words. You think you know more than me and you talk down on me like your some bigshot but your really some website GM with no experience so quit acting like your opinion holds more water than mine or anyone elses, you're not an NFL scout.

If you want to throw me in the same boat as the answer then you should first stop talking in 3rd person like him. Sapp has been disruptive on the line but it's a WELL known fact that Sapp's main MO has always been to get AFTER the QB thus comparing Dorsey to Sapp is a HORRIBLE comparison. Dorsey wont ever be even half as disruptive as Sapp was in his prime.

Yes, I used the words deserved to go #1, so why are you arguing with me about where he will go instead of where he deserves to go? I think he will go #1 to Miami but do I think that it's a good pick? No waaaay! He will be a good player but not worthy of the 8 million that he is likely to earn each year with around 30 million in guaranteed money. I'm just pointing out the very simple fact that if he were in last year's draft that he would not have gone #1 and to be frank he probably wouldn't have gone in the top 5 either! Perhaps Houston would have taken him at 10 over Okoye but that is very debatable. A top 1st round talent for sure, but not a #1 overall talent by any stretch of the imagination. Now if you wanna crown his ass, crown his ass!

P.S. - Just to make it clear, I've watched many LSU games this year. I may not have caught every single second of every LSU game this year like you but I've seen enough to draw my own conclusions, thank you.

Devin
12-10-2007, 02:43 PM
It depends on the system Mr. Mayock. Good DT's don't just stop the run, they get after the QB. See Rogers, Coleman, Jenkins, Okoye, Stroud and Henderson. You wanted to repeat what your idols have dubbed him as the next Sapp then don't hide behind what they said instead of backing up your own words. You think you know more than me and you talk down on me like your some bigshot but your really some website GM with no experience so quit acting like your opinion holds more water than mine or anyone elses, you're not an NFL scout.

Averages of sack per year for career:
Stroud: 3
Rogers: 4
Coleman: 6.5
Jenkins: 3
Henderson: 4
Sapp: 7.5
Okoye: 5.5

I am confident Dorsey is capable of being right in the mix with those numbers. Im not overwhelmed. And Okoye's will most certainly be lower as his career progresses past year 1.

And yes when it comes to LSU football and players I absolutley know more then you.

If you want to throw me in the same boat as the answer then you should first stop talking in 3rd person like him. Sapp has been disruptive on the line but it's a WELL known fact that Sapp's main MO has always been to get AFTER the QB thus comparing Dorsey to Sapp is a HORRIBLE comparison. Dorsey wont ever be even half as disruptive as Sapp was in his prime.

I dont argue this at all but given Sapp is going to be a HOF DT sooner rather then later that compairison by experts is flattering in itself. Given the fact that Dorsey and Sapp are almost identical in size and playing style its a fair comparison.

What you also fail to mention is that Sapp is probably one of the worst DT's in the league against the run. Dorsey is probably the best in all of college football.

Dorsey is not one dimensional, like I said before no he isnt going to give you 10 sacks a year although I suppose its possible. But because he does everything else so well it makes his value all the greater.

Yes, I used the words deserved to go #1, so why are you arguing with me about where he will go instead of where he deserves to go? I think he will go #1 to Miami but do I think that it's a good pick? No waaaay! He will be a good player but not worthy of the 8 million that he is likely to earn each year with around 30 million in guaranteed money. I'm just pointing out the very simple fact that if he were in last year's draft that he would not have gone #1 and to be frank he probably wouldn't have gone in the top 5 either! Perhaps Houston would have taken him at 10 over Okoye but that is very debatable. A top 1st round talent for sure, but not a #1 overall talent by any stretch of the imagination. Now if you wanna crown his ass, crown his ass!

P.S. - Just to make it clear, I've watched many LSU games this year. I may not have caught every single second of every LSU game this year like you but I've seen enough to draw my own conclusions, thank you.

Ill give you that. Primarily because I dont think any DT is worthy of #1 overall status. Last year as I said youre right he doesnt go #1, very likely #4 possibly he drops to 10 but even thats unlikely.

And if thats your conclusion its not likely youve seen enough LSU football :up:

PECKERWOOD
12-11-2007, 11:32 AM
Averages of sack per year for career:
Stroud: 3
Rogers: 4
Coleman: 6.5
Jenkins: 3
Henderson: 4
Sapp: 7.5
Okoye: 5.5

I am confident Dorsey is capable of being right in the mix with those numbers. Im not overwhelmed. And Okoye's will most certainly be lower as his career progresses past year 1.

And yes when it comes to LSU football and players I absolutley know more then you.

I dont argue this at all but given Sapp is going to be a HOF DT sooner rather then later that compairison by experts is flattering in itself. Given the fact that Dorsey and Sapp are almost identical in size and playing style its a fair comparison.

What you also fail to mention is that Sapp is probably one of the worst DT's in the league against the run. Dorsey is probably the best in all of college football.

Dorsey is not one dimensional, like I said before no he isnt going to give you 10 sacks a year although I suppose its possible. But because he does everything else so well it makes his value all the greater.

Ill give you that. Primarily because I dont think any DT is worthy of #1 overall status. Last year as I said youre right he doesnt go #1, very likely #4 possibly he drops to 10 but even thats unlikely.

And if thats your conclusion its not likely youve seen enough LSU football :up:

There you go, I knew you could think for yourself. I'm not the one who made the Sapp comparisons! :D

Don't forget that Jenkins and Stroud the two DT's I named have dealt with suspensions and injury related issues so that has hurt their sack total as a whole, they would both probably have more. Also, I'd take Rogers over Dorsey ANY DAY! Rogers is 6'5 340 lbs a complete stud against the run who will still get adequate pressure on the QB, at this point Dorsey couldn't even hold his jockstrap.

I see things differently. Coming out of college people dubbed Okoye as undeveloped and would take time to grow. The sky's the limit for Okoye. He is also not a one dimensional player, he is capable of stopping the run and rushing the passer. I just don't see Dorsey having anywhere near the impact that Okoye has had in HOU. Once again, my bet stands to all willing to accept.

I won't have a pissing contest with you but that's a horrible attitude to have and to be frank it seems as if you're trying to belittle me or water down my opinion like your's has more weight. Honestly? What's even the point for anybody else to weigh in on anything especially if it's LSU related since you already know more than me and everybody here. (except DraftBoy I assume.)

DraftBoy
12-11-2007, 12:23 PM
I won't have a pissing contest with you but that's a horrible attitude to have and to be frank it seems as if you're trying to belittle me or water down my opinion like your's has more weight. Honestly? What's even the point for anybody else to weigh in on anything especially if it's LSU related since you already know more than me and everybody here. (except DraftBoy I assume.)

My opinion has already been well published about Dorsey and we disagree greatly about that. However I dont feel as though Devin was trying to belittle you, and in fairness your off hand comments talking about Kiper's Jock and Mike Maycock references do not help the situation any. Lastly Ill say that Devin is the resident LSU guy, he knows more about that team then anybody else here, and I trust his opinion about not just them but about a lot of prospects (though we do disagree on some guys). He has been around for years and has more then proven his worth as a knowledgeable draft fan, just the same as I. I am no expert nor do I claim to be one, and I get pm's all the time reminding me that Im not, none of us are or else we wouldnt be sitting here talking about it.

PECKERWOOD
12-15-2007, 08:53 AM
My opinion has already been well published about Dorsey and we disagree greatly about that. However I dont feel as though Devin was trying to belittle you, and in fairness your off hand comments talking about Kiper's Jock and Mike Maycock references do not help the situation any. Lastly Ill say that Devin is the resident LSU guy, he knows more about that team then anybody else here, and I trust his opinion about not just them but about a lot of prospects (though we do disagree on some guys). He has been around for years and has more then proven his worth as a knowledgeable draft fan, just the same as I. I am no expert nor do I claim to be one, and I get pm's all the time reminding me that Im not, none of us are or else we wouldnt be sitting here talking about it.

With this I can agree, we're all draft fans so let's take each others opinions atleast half seriously. I have no problem with his pov, if you guys think Dorsey is the next coming of Tedy Bruschi ala God then so be it, I can live with that. However, don't talk down on me by saying your knowledge of a certain topic is greater than my own and nothing I can say could convince you otherwise. Honestly? If you know everything about a certain topic, why would you bother discussing it with anyone? I know Devin is a great guy and I love reading alot of his posts but that comment in particular came off as really arrogant to me. Anyways, I have no hard feelings towards either of you just speaking my mind.

DraftBoy
12-15-2007, 11:21 AM
With this I can agree, we're all draft fans so let's take each others opinions atleast half seriously. I have no problem with his pov, if you guys think Dorsey is the next coming of Tedy Bruschi ala God then so be it, I can live with that. However, don't talk down on me by saying your knowledge of a certain topic is greater than my own and nothing I can say could convince you otherwise. Honestly? If you know everything about a certain topic, why would you bother discussing it with anyone? I know Devin is a great guy and I love reading alot of his posts but that comment in particular came off as really arrogant to me. Anyways, I have no hard feelings towards either of you just speaking my mind.

That is fine, I expect and I know Devin does too that disagreements will occur, its natural. However something I dont want is backhanded comments about sniffing Kiper's jock or calling somebody Mr. Maycock, those are comments which immediately make you lose all credibility with me on a topic. You've come forward like a man and stepped up so I can respect this, lets move on and get ready for April!

ParanoidAndroid
12-16-2007, 01:32 AM
Quentin Groves
Adarius Bowman
Martin Rucker
Steve Justice

How about all 4? :coocoo:

DraftBoy
12-16-2007, 09:35 AM
Quentin Groves
Adarius Bowman
Martin Rucker
Steve Justice

How about all 4? :coocoo:

Bowman and Groves are both 1st rounders, Rucker and Justice are conceivably 3rd and 4th rounders at the moment.

ParanoidAndroid
12-16-2007, 04:58 PM
Bowman and Groves are both 1st rounders, Rucker and Justice are conceivably 3rd and 4th rounders at the moment.

Two words:

Lynch Posluzny

But...this one is probably more of a stretch....I know.

Good news is that this is a good draft year to need a receiver.

DraftBoy
12-16-2007, 09:39 PM
Two words:

Lynch Posluzny

But...this one is probably more of a stretch....I know.

Good news is that this is a good draft year to need a receiver.

I agree, and I have three words concerning Bowman and Groves/Poz and Lynch;

Not gonna happen

Couple that with Groves being more suited for a 3-4 style of play as an OLB then as 4-3 LB.