• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • G. Host
    Banned
    • Jul 2002

Peter King - Crib notes

First two pages are all about Taylor. Tributes to Taylor are fine but there were two teams involved this weekend which some sports writers forgot.

15. Buffalo (6-6). Since Sept. 30, Buffalo is 6-3 -- and those losses have come to Dallas, New England and Jacksonville. Combined record: 30-5

Special Teams Player of the Week
    Buffalo K Rian Lindell. Buffalo led this game for four seconds. Those were the ones that counted, because they were the final four seconds of the day. The Bills had seven second-half possessions, and Lindell ended five with field goals from 38, 43, 24, 33 and 36 yards. A brilliant performance in an emotionally charged stadium.

Quote of the Week I

"We realized you can't call that second timeout right away. Not a lot surprises me in this league. But I do have empathy for Joe. He is one of the giants in our game, one of the great coaches of all time. It's unfortunate.''

-- Buffalo coach Dick Jauron, on the extra timeout called by Gibbs, which reduced the distance of the game-deciding field goal by Lindell from 51 to 36 yards.

3. I think I have no problem whatsoever with the Redskins playing 10 men on the field for one play. In fact, I love it. Of course Gregg Williams should have told Joe Gibbs about it, but if you can't pay tribute to your best player by doing something very special on one of 1,000 defensive plays of the season, then we all need to get a life. "We needed that,'' London Fletcher said. "You may not have seen the 11th player out there for us, but he was there. Sean was there.''

e. Buffalo defensive tackle Larry Tripplett made one of the prettiest diving interceptions of the year at Washington ... and he weighs 308 pounds.

f. When I watch the Bills, I feel like I'm watching a bunch of guys who would play football for free.

g. The chants of "Joe must go,'' was shouted by some Redskins fans after the horrible loss to Buffalo. Not now, people. Not the time or place to whack a coach, or to talk about whacking a coach.
  • madness
    • Apr 2003

Re: Peter King - Crib notes

f. When I watch the Bills, I feel like I'm watching a bunch of guys who would play football for free.
    I never been a fan of King but you got to love that statement!

Comment

• raphael120
      Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
      • Oct 2005

Originally posted by G. Host

g. The chants of "Joe must go,'' was shouted by some Redskins fans after the horrible loss to Buffalo. Not now, people. Not the time or place to whack a coach, or to talk about whacking a coach.
      Same Redskinds fans that shouted out during the moment of silence I'm sure.

I'd be embarrassed to call myself a Bills fan if we did something stupid like that.

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Im sorry but I was quite embarrassed when we actually ran a real play against a symbolic 10 man defense
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• G. Host
          Banned
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
          Im sorry but I was quite embarrassed when we actually ran a real play against a symbolic 10 man defense
          What should Bills have done? Called a timeout? Taken a knee and lost the down? Played with only 10 men on field?

Comment

• RockStar36
            Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
            • Sep 2004

DB, they had to run a play. If they take a knee then they face 2nd and 10. If they call a timeout that could come back to hurt them at the end of the half. They can't just throw away a down like that.

D & S Sports

Comment

• Romes
              • Jul 2002

Dick also said in the post game that he wasn't aware that they had 10 men on the field.
              Originally posted by paladin warrior
              RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                Zero for Zero!
                • Mar 2003

I was embarassed they did not run a deep post pattern.

Sorry, but once the game starts you play to win.
                Originally posted by mysticsoto
                Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                  Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Does anyone know which position did they leave out on that play?

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
                    Does anyone know which position did they leave out on that play?
                    The FS
                    COMING SOON...

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                      Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

1-10-BUF 32 (7:10) 22-F.Jackson left end pushed ob at WAS 46 for 22 yards (30-L.Landry). Redskins' defensive formation included only 10 men in honor of Sean Taylor.
                      That was our first play. It's not like we tossed it deep to take advantage of it. We ran a good old fashion conservative run play.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by G. Host
                        What should Bills have done? Called a timeout? Taken a knee and lost the down? Played with only 10 men on field?
                        Take the delay of game penalty and Washington refuses it, they send out the 11th man its still 1st and 10, I wouldnt of even opposed taking a knee there either to be perfectly honest.
                        COMING SOON...

Comment

• trapezeus
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Oct 2004

if it was the first play of the game overall, sure the bills could have taken a knee. but they were already down 3, and they needed to get their own game under way. they ran a simple play that just happened to get them 22 yards.

I don't think you can have 10 men on the field offensively. It might be an illegal procedure penalty. i'm not sure.

i also don't remember anyone cutting us any slack during the pittsburgh game either. and Evertt's injuries were still unknown.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                            Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

The FS
                            Had we tossed into the slot on purpose that it'd be wrong. But we didn't.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by RockStar36
                              DB, they had to run a play. If they take a knee then they face 2nd and 10. If they call a timeout that could come back to hurt them at the end of the half. They can't just throw away a down like that.
                              See my response to GHost
                              COMING SOON...

Comment

Working...
                              X