UPDATED Official Playoff Chances Thread

I just can't help myself.

BILLS PLAYOFF PICTURE WILDCARD

Bills (6-6) remaining schedule:

14 Sun. Dec. 09 1:00 pm ET Dolphins
    15 Sun. Dec. 16 1:00 pm ET at Browns
    16 Sun. Dec. 23 1:00 pm ET Giants
    17 Sun. Dec. 30 1:00 pm ET at Eagles

Notes: I originally said the Bills would have to go 5-2 down the stretch to get it done. well, they lost their first two and then won yesterday. so yeah, they pretty much have to win out. hey, it's not likely, but what's the fun in being negative? at least we'll still be talking after next week too. can't complain when you're still in the hunt at this point in the season. OBVIOUSLY, with a win at home against Miami, the Browns game will BE HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE (fucillo style)! that can get them over cleveland, but they will still need titans to lose at least one.

Jaguars (8-4) remaining schedule:

14 Sun. Dec. 09 1:00 pm ET Panthers
    15 Sun. Dec. 16 1:00 pm ET at Steelers
    16 Sun. Dec. 23 1:00 pm ET Raiders
    17 Sun. Dec. 30 1:00 pm ET at Texans

Notes: Barring an epic collapse, these guys are definitely getting one of the wildcards.

Titans (7-5) remaining schedule:

14 Sun. Dec. 09 1:00 pm ET Chargers
    15 Sun. Dec. 16 1:00 pm ET at Chiefs
    16 Sun. Dec. 23 4:15 pm ET Jets
    17 Sun. Dec. 30 1:00 pm ET at Colts

Notes: This is a pretty tough schedule I have to say. Next week's game is HUGE (go chargers, PLEASE!) and then they have two tough road contests and a game against the frisky jets. colts best not be resting their starters.

Browns (7-5) remaining schedule:

14 Sun. Dec. 09 4:15 pm ET at Jets
    15 Sun. Dec. 16 1:00 pm ET Bills
    16 Sun. Dec. 23 1:00 pm ET at Bengals
    17 Sun. Dec. 30 1:00 pm ET 49ers

Notes: COME ON JETS! COME ON! YOU CAN DO IT! The Bills game is going to be a duel to the DEATH. bengals are another team you never know about.

Broncos (5-7) remaining schedule:

14 Sun. Dec. 09 4:15 pm ET Chiefs
    15 Thu. Dec. 13 8:15 pm ET at Texans
    16 Mon. Dec. 24 8:00 pm ET at Chargers
    17 Sun. Dec. 30 4:15 pm ET Vikings

Notes: have to win out

Texans (5-7) remaining schedule:

14 Sun. Dec. 09 1:00 pm ET Buccaneers
    15 Thu. Dec. 13 8:15 pm ET Broncos
    16 Sun. Dec. 23 1:00 pm ET at Colts
    17 Sun. Dec. 30 1:00 pm ET Jaguars

Notes: No.

• RockStar36
    Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
    • Sep 2004

Re: UPDATED Official Playoff Chances Thread

I did slightly look at the playoff picture as well. I think the Bills have a good chance of winning out if they play consistenly down the stretch and the defense can provide some turnovers like they did yesterday.

D & S Sports

Comment

• mybills
      81 st zoner
      • Jul 2002

Denver has to win all of theirs? No way they will.
      I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• G. Host
        Banned
        • Jul 2002

I would add that the special teams especially the coverage teams need to play better than they did yesterday. Lindell has been fine.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

After an injury-riddled and QB controversy-filled first 12 games, it's great that we're even discussing the playoffs.
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
            Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

With the Titans and Browns still having to play the Jets, I just becamse the biggest Jets fan ever (temporarily).

Comment

• Jan Reimers
              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
              • May 2003

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
              With the Titans and Browns still having to play the Jets, I just becamse the biggest Jets fan ever (temporarily).
              J-E-T-S, JETS JETS JETS.
              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• RockStar36
                Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                • Sep 2004

I think the Jets can beat both of them.

We beat the Jets with noodle arm both times. I think they are much better with Clemens at QB.

D & S Sports

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

we control our own destiny as far as the Browns are concerned- if we beat them, the best they could do is tie us and we'd have the tiebreaker.

If we win out, we don't have to worry about Denver or Houston, and we pretty much have to win out to get in.

The tough part is going to be catching Tennessee or Jax. If we win out, we'll be 7-5 in the conference. Tennesee is currently 4-4 in conference games, so we'd need them to split their remaining games to go 6-6 in the conference. If they go 3-1 and we win out, we'll both be 10-6 with 7-5 conference records, and we didn't play each other. Anyone know what the next tiebreaker would be?

If we lose one game (as long as it's not to the Browns) and they lose two, it would be a similar situation: both teams 9-7 and 6-6 in the conference. We'd have the head to head tiebreaker on Cleveland as long as they lose to us and finish no better than 2-2, but then Denver and Texas come back into play and Denver has the head to head over us.

Long story short, we need to win out and we need Tennessee to finish no better than 2-2 and we're in. If we lose a non-conference game, we have a very small chance of sneaking in. If we lose to the Browns or lose two, we're done.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• G. Host
                    Banned
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                    we control our own destiny as far as the Browns are concerned- if we beat them, the best they could do is tie us and we'd have the tiebreaker.
                    Not necessarily - rules for three or more teams are arcane and it is still possible for Bills to beat Browns, have same record and not make playoffs.

Comment

• billsburgh
                      • Jul 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37

If we win out, we don't have to worry about Denver or Houston, and we pretty much have to win out to get in.

The tough part is going to be catching Tennessee or Jax. If we win out, we'll be 7-5 in the conference. Tennesee is currently 4-4 in conference games, so we'd need them to split their remaining games to go 6-6 in the conference. If they go 3-1 and we win out, we'll both be 10-6 with 7-5 conference records, and we didn't play each other. Anyone know what the next tiebreaker would be?

If we lose one game (as long as it's not to the Browns) and they lose two, it would be a similar situation: both teams 9-7 and 6-6 in the conference. We'd have the head to head tiebreaker on Cleveland as long as they lose to us and finish no better than 2-2, but then Denver and Texas come back into play and Denver has the head to head over us.

Long story short, we need to win out and we need Tennessee to finish no better than 2-2 and we're in. If we lose a non-conference game, we have a very small chance of sneaking in. If we lose to the Browns or lose two, we're done.
                      so your moratorium on playoff talk is over?

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by billsburgh
                        so your moratorium on playoff talk is over?

yeah well we didn't lose 56-10 yesterday.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Oaf
                          Do you read what you write?
                          • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Jimbuktu

Notes: This is a pretty tough schedule I have to say. Next week's game is HUGE (go chargers, PLEASE!) and then they have two tough road contests and a game against the frisky jets. colts best not be resting their starters.
                          If Steelers keep winning, they won't be.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                            Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

I don't know guys.

We should be able to beat the Dolphins, sure.

The Browns have been play hot as hell. In the Dawgpound? It'll be very tough.

The Giants are hot and cold and yes they do have a lot of injuries, and Eli is very inconsistent. But they're fighting for a playoffs spot of their own too.

By the last week roll around, the Eagles will be playing for pride and spoiler. McNabb will probably be healthy and I doubt we can stop Westbrook.

All I'm saying is we had the same hopes last few seasons and we always fall short. I just hate that feeling and don't really want to keep my hopes up too high.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                              • Mar 2005

We're not making the playoffs but it's fun to talk about.

Comment

Working...
                              X