• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Answer
    The Plagiarist
    • Mar 2007

Article: Edwards magic moment could define his season

LANDOVER, Md. — A cold autumn rain was falling at FedEx Field, along with the Bills' chances. Trent Edwards sat quietly on the bench, hoping the defense would stop the Redskins and give him one last chance. He knew he'd be out of timeouts, with maybe a minute to spare and a lot of field to negotiate. But he believed, inside, that it wasn't over.

"Mentally, stay in this game," Edwards told himself. "You still feel comfortable. You're confident in the game plan. You have playmakers at wide receiver. Stay in it and see what happens."

Sure enough, the defense held the Redskins and the Buffalo offense got the ball back at its 22-yard line with 56 seconds left. Edwards threw to Fred Jackson in the flat for 5 yards, and the clock kept ticking. Then he found Roscoe Parrish for 10 yards. Parrish got out of bounds at the 37, stopping the clock with 27 seconds left.

Now the Bills needed the big play. They needed Edwards to make the sort of throw that his critics have been waiting for his entire rookie season. Not some conservative, check-down throw, but a big one. Down the middle of the field, with the game on the line............

~The Answer
  • Forward_Lateral
    • Mar 2004

Re: Article: Edwards magic moment could define his season

He looked like he had a noodle-arm on that throw, didn't he?

Comment

• The Answer
      The Plagiarist
      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
      Edwards can't throw the deep ball.

~The Answer

Comment

• HHURRICANE
        • Mar 2005

The kid can play and he's been nothing but impressive off the field as well. Why this board is struggling with that is just mind boggling to me.

The gu is 4-1 and there are people trying to argue that he wasn't as good as Peyton Manning during his rookie season. Hell he'd be 5-0 if we had figured out how to cover an onsides kick.

This has been a low point for me on this board considering we are in the playoff hunt after 12 weeks into the season and we have an exciting rookie QB that has the potential to be the face of this franchise.

Comment

• dannyek71
          Drink Responsibly
          • Dec 2004

He looks like he has a noodle arm everytime he throws it. But atleast he connected + got us the W
          [

Comment

• The King
            Without me it's just Awe so
            • Jun 2004

A kick ass noodle!
            I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
            "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
            You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
            It was all
            true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
            He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
            mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
              • Jul 2002

No actually

Comment

• mush69
                • Jan 2003

I was just watching the replay of that throw, I'll admit it wasn't a Brett Farve bullet but it really didn't look like he threw that with a noodle for an arm. It was a tight spiral and right on the money. Reed didn't have to reach for it and it wasn't at his feet.
                Don't Mistake Lack Of Talent For Genius

Comment

• Romes
                  • Jul 2002

i hate to rain on the party since I was very happy with his performance on Sunday but the same thing was said about Losman after the Texans game last year. So, yes, it took Edwards less time than Losman, which is significant, but one game isn't a turning point unless there are more games like it afterwards.
                  Originally posted by paladin warrior
                  RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• The King
                    Without me it's just Awe so
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Romes
                    i hate to rain on the party since I was very happy with his performance on Sunday but the same thing was said about Losman after the Texans game last year. So, yes, it took Edwards less time than Losman, which is significant, but one game isn't a turning point unless there are more games like it afterwards.
                    4-1 *****.
                    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                    It was all
                    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Romes
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by MBBedard
                      4-1 *****.
                      awesome
                      RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• The Answer
                        The Plagiarist
                        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Romes
                        1) The Redskins are a far better than the Texans, especially on defense.

2) We would have been blown out yesterday with Losman given the circustances of this game.

3) How long did it take Losman to get to 4 career wins?

~The Answer

Comment

• Romes
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Answer
                          1) The Redskins are a far better than the Texans, especially on defense.

2) We would have been blown out yesterday with Losman given the circustances of this game.

3) How long did it take Losman to get to 4 career wins?

~The Answer
                          I am in agreement that Edward's achievement was more significant than Losman's. All I am saying (and I realize its a "captain obvious" statement) is that lets hold off on "career defining moments" until the career comes into better focus.
                          RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by mush69
                            I was just watching the replay of that throw, I'll admit it wasn't a Brett Farve bullet but it really didn't look like he threw that with a noodle for an arm. It was a tight spiral and right on the money. Reed didn't have to reach for it and it wasn't at his feet.
                            Again, most in the media saw it differently:

"The biggest was Edwards’ completion to Reed. The Bills took the field at their own 22 with 56 seconds left and no timeouts. Edwards hit passes of 5 and 10 yards to move to the 37 with 27 seconds left. Reed ran a deep turn-in route from an outside position, and Edwards hit him with a laser strike in perfect stride to the Redskins’ 33."

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/220527.html

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                              • Jul 2002

Edwards has a good arm people!!! Not a rocket but easily as good as Bradys(mind you I am talking strickly arm strength for comparisons sake)

Comment

Working...
                              X