PDA

View Full Version : Damn, even when NE dont play its a good day for them

patmoran2006
12-03-2007, 12:17 PM
Just heard on WGR, if the draft was today, NE would be picking SECOND in this draft.

Slim
12-03-2007, 12:19 PM
Lol, i hate the Bay area teams and what there doing for the Pats.

OpIv37
12-03-2007, 12:20 PM
don't they lose their first round pick for Cheatgate?

BlackMetalNinja
12-03-2007, 12:22 PM

They lose THEIR first found pick... unfortunately they also have the rights to the 49ers first round pick too.

hydro

Only the pick designated to them. The second pick would be the one that was traded to them from San Fran. From the way it sounds, they don't lose that pick.

camelcowboy
don't they lose their first round pick for Cheatgate? They lose their possible 32 pick in the draft because of spygate, but they still have the 49ers pick which is looking really high right now. Rich getting richer.

raphael120
12-03-2007, 12:24 PM
Who did SF get for the first rounder again?

BTW< thats so disgusting to know that theyre going to get a real high #1 pick to go along with all the talent they have now. Probably theyll go for a stud RB or LB

Slim
12-03-2007, 12:25 PM
Who did SF get for the first rounder again?

BTW< thats so disgusting to know that theyre going to get a real high #1 pick to go along with all the talent they have now. Probably theyll go for a stud RB or LB

Stayley. He better be player like the second coming of God.

camelcowboy
12-03-2007, 12:33 PM
Stayley. He better be player like the second coming of God. He's ok, but they still have line problems especially with the implosion of jennings.

OpIv37
12-03-2007, 12:34 PM
that team is so ****ing lucky it makes me sick. The trade makes the punishment for cheating into barely a punishment at all.

trapezeus
12-03-2007, 12:37 PM
maybe they'll draft a dud. maybe belichick will want to prove how awesome he is and take a complete no name. And that will start the downfall. he'll gruden the pick and take a kicker or punter.

That'd just be about the greatest. Also, would it not rock the casbah if he took JP to prove he could do it without Brady. I'll keep dreaming over here, guys.

Forward_Lateral
12-03-2007, 12:38 PM
Whoever the Niners' GM is should be kicked in the nuts for this.

OpIv37
12-03-2007, 12:40 PM
maybe they'll draft a dud. maybe belichick will want to prove how awesome he is and take a complete no name. And that will start the downfall. he'll gruden the pick and take a kicker or punter.

That'd just be about the greatest. Also, would it not rock the casbah if he took JP to prove he could do it without Brady. I'll keep dreaming over here, guys.

*sigh- one of these days.

We know it's not going to happen though. The Patriots could find some loophole to re-draft Mike Williams or Gino Torretta and they'd end up being Pro Bowlers.

Ingtar33
12-03-2007, 03:09 PM
the pats will probably trade down...

but if they take the pick, watch for...

D. McFadden, to give Brady a pro bowl RB in the prime of his career.

or

G. Dorsey, to bulk up the DL...

circlethewagons
12-03-2007, 03:25 PM
For the sake of the rest of the National football league- San Fran better start winning- preferably winning out

Ed
12-03-2007, 03:36 PM
If the Pats get McFadden I'm gonna throw up.

I just hope no one trades with them and gives them even more picks. I'm sure being forced to pay a rookie more then just about everyone else on their team would be pretty appalling for the Pats front office, so hopefully a long nasty hold out will ensue.

DynaPaul
12-03-2007, 04:43 PM
I hope they draft the next Mike Williams, Ryan Leaf, or Tony Mandarich. That'd be so ******* sweet.

patmoran2006
12-03-2007, 04:46 PM
If the Pats get McFadden I'm gonna throw up.

I just hope no one trades with them and gives them even more picks. I'm sure being forced to pay a rookie more then just about everyone else on their team would be pretty appalling for the Pats front office, so hopefully a long nasty hold out will ensue.
get at some puking then, I think we may be seeing him twice a year.

HOPEFULLY SF can pull out a win or two this month and at least get NE down to the 5-7 slot range..

Ickybaluky
12-03-2007, 07:01 PM
G. Dorsey, to bulk up the DL...

The cap might make that harder to take a DL that high.

They already have big money tied up in Seymour and Warren. Wilfork will be due a big extension in the next couple years and Jarvis Green makes pretty good money for a 4th DL. Paying the #2 pick at that position would tie up a lot of resources in one position, unless they decide to trade the surplus.

I think they will want to trade down several slots really bad, unless there is someone available that they are so enamored with they are willing to invest those big dollars.

casdhf
12-03-2007, 07:02 PM
I hope they pick first and it totally ****s up their cap.

Ickybaluky
12-03-2007, 07:04 PM
I hope they pick first and it totally ****s up their cap.

You don't get in cap trouble unless the players sucks. Cap trouble comes when guys aren't worth the money.

Devin
12-03-2007, 07:15 PM
The pats take mcfadden and im hanging it up for the next 5-7 years.

That offense is almost unbeatable as it is, you add a Peterson-like talent at RB to the mix and short of arming yourselfs with automatic weapons its pointless to even play.

eyedog
12-03-2007, 07:15 PM
You don't get in cap trouble unless the players sucks. Cap trouble comes when guys aren't worth the money.

You mean when you draft fat lazy pussies like Mike Williams or you overpay average d-ends ? If so I get it. Please inform our front office.

Mitchy moo
12-03-2007, 07:18 PM
You mean when you draft fat lazy pussies like Mike Williams or you overpay average d-ends ? If so I get it. Please inform our front office.

That's Donahoe's era, Marv's been doing well in draft so far.

eyedog
12-03-2007, 07:21 PM
That's Donahoe's era, Marv's been doing well in draft so far.

Yep. And not to well in the overpaying average d-ends.