PDA

View Full Version : Brian Moorman's "other" job.....he's very good at it

Coach Sal
12-03-2007, 12:24 PM
Brian Moorman has had a good year punting. Not a great year. A good year. He’s had some terrific games, but had other games where his punting didn’t seem to benefit the Bills very much, as we had been accustomed in the past.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
I’d say the best way to describe his punting this season has been “inconsistent.”<o:p></o:p>
But there has been nothing inconsistent, nothing bad, and nothing that has cost us about his performance of his other job for this team.<o:p></o:p>
Field goal holder.<o:p></o:p>
Rian Lindell is 17 for his last 17 kicking field goals. That means Brian Moorman is also 17 for his last 17 taking the snap and getting it down in time and accurately enough for him……and so is Ryan Neill snapping for him, by the way.<o:p></o:p>
But go back and re-watch Sunday’s game-winning kick. We now the weather was cold, it was raining, and the ball was slick. But the snap on the kick was actually not really good, either. It was low and inside. But Moorman, as he has done so often, calmly and routinely corralled it and set it on the ground for Lindell who then was able to drill it.<o:p></o:p>
It’s usually the little things that cost teams victories. Things that don’t show up in the stat sheet. But it’s usually those same kinds of little things that go unnoticed that help a team win games.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
Just wanted to point out what a good job he’s done in his "other" job, because it often gets overlooked. <o:p></o:p>

trapezeus
12-03-2007, 12:30 PM
i noticed his hold too sal. it was a nice grab under any conditions, but the ball was wet from the rain. i gave a gameball to moorman for nailing it.

raphael120
12-03-2007, 12:33 PM
If you also look VERY closely during that kick, Brian Moorman flipped off a little kid who was wearing a Sean Taylor jersey, he also burned an effigy of Jesus, and finally kicked a puppy into the stands when the kick went through.

hydro
12-03-2007, 12:33 PM
Most fans don't notice these little things until it turns into a disaster and costs us the game. Im glad we haven't had to worry about that, and thats a credit to Moorman.

Forward_Lateral
12-03-2007, 12:35 PM
I thought the snap looked bad. Then I read Lindell say the snap was great, so I thought I was wrong.

Coach Sal
12-03-2007, 01:08 PM
I thought the snap looked bad. Then I read Lindell say the snap was great, so I thought I was wrong.

As long as it wasn't totally off target and/or made Moorman bobble it or him miss, I'm sure Lindell will say it was a great snap.

But it appeared low and inside to me on the replay.

superbills
12-03-2007, 01:09 PM
If you also look VERY closely during that kick, Brian Moorman flipped off a little kid who was wearing a Sean Taylor jersey, he also burned an effigy of Jesus, and finally kicked a puppy into the stands when the kick went through.

:lol: You're killing me man. Better you than Morrman I guess. The Silent Assassin