PDA

View Full Version : Our biggest weakness, no surprise

LtBillsFan66
12-03-2007, 12:29 PM
I admire his effort, but George Willson is horrible. Jim Leonard is even worse.

Meathead
12-03-2007, 12:30 PM
basis please

OpIv37
12-03-2007, 12:33 PM
no, Jim Leonard's good- he got an INT on a horribly underthrown ball. That means he should be starting.

/sarcasm

Wilson definitely struggled against the Patriots and he wasn't great against Jacksonville- I didn't pay much attention to him yesterday but I will try to re-watch the game and take note.

LtBillsFan66
12-03-2007, 12:35 PM
basis please

Watching the games.

camelcowboy
12-03-2007, 12:36 PM
Is ko Simpson much better? Imo he really isn't who knows how he will recover from the injury. But D-tackle should be a priority, and TE, and WR also. Maybe corner. Safety is a weak point but its not the priority.

Forward_Lateral
12-03-2007, 12:40 PM
While I like Leonhard's effort, upon further review, he stinks.

He's a Special Teamer, at best.

Wilson isn't as bad, but he's not great either. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, because he's played safety for about 6 months.

Ed
12-03-2007, 12:53 PM
I'm not going to critisize anyone from our secondary for the Pats or Jags game, when we couldn't generate any type of qb pressure what so ever. I think our DB's have been playing pretty admirably. Wilson and Leonhard are both young undrafted back-ups after all.

It would be nice if our highly paid DE's could help out a little more with some pressure.

Oaf
12-03-2007, 12:55 PM
Is ko Simpson much better? Imo he really isn't who knows how he will recover from the injury. But D-tackle should be a priority, and TE, and WR also. Maybe corner. Safety is a weak point but its not the priority.
Yes.

Ever since the first few games, teams have been picking apart Wilson back there. He just doesn't have the instincts to get to the ball before it's too late which is obviously not his fault. He's playing his hardest, but he'll need to show drastic improvement if we want to shore up our secondary.

The Answer
12-03-2007, 01:02 PM
We definitely need to address the safety position this offseason. Even if Simpson comes back 100% there's no guarantees he's going to be anything more than serviceable.

As for Whitner - jury is still out on whether or not he's going to be a Ed Reed/Sean Taylor (RIP) type of stud.

~The Answer

Mahdi
12-03-2007, 01:18 PM
I admire his effort, but George Willson is horrible. Jim Leonard is even worse.
George Wilson might actually be better than Ko to be honest. He's fast enough, has good hands, good instincts which may be helped by his WR insincts and cant hit like a truck. Next year Wilson will be competing for a starting job. The only time he gets burned is when Tom Brady is given coffee time in the pocket and plays catch with Moss.

justasportsfan
12-03-2007, 01:41 PM
no, Jim Leonard's good- he got an INT on a horribly underthrown ball. That means he should be starting.

/sarcasm

I didn't pay much attention to him yesterday but I will try to re-watch the game and take note.

just make sure you know where the DB are supposed to be in the cover 2 system before you start telling people that they are out of place.

Night Train
12-03-2007, 01:42 PM
Chocolate.

Oh wait, wrong thread.

YardRat
12-03-2007, 01:51 PM
I don't think Wilson's been that bad, considering the circumstances.

R. Rich
12-03-2007, 03:46 PM
Wilson definitely struggled against the Patriots and he wasn't great against Jacksonville- I didn't pay much attention to him yesterday but.......

Next.

HHURRICANE
12-03-2007, 03:52 PM
Yes, Wilson and Leonard are horrible. Yes, we miss Ko Simpson.

R. Rich
12-03-2007, 03:55 PM
Yes, Wilson and Leonard are horrible. Yes, we miss Ko Simpson.

Ko wasn't all that either. What we miss is a safety that can get to the play w/ enough time to disrupt it. Ko didn't do that @ all last year (was as late to plays as Vincent was when he was back there) nor did he look any better @ it before his injury this year.