• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Answer
    The Plagiarist
    • Mar 2007

PFW: The Corpse gaining steam in Coach of the Year race

"If the Bills are able to weather their current injury storm and get back on the winning track with new starting QB Trent Edwards, look for Dick Jauron to start gaining support for Coach of the Year honors. We hear that Jauron has a lot of respect from his peers throughout the league for the job he has done in a difficult situation in Buffalo."

~The Answer
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: PFW: The Corpse gaining steam in Coach of the Year race

no coach who directly cost their team two games should even be considered for coach of the year.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37
      no coach who directly cost their team two games should even be considered for coach of the year.
      In most cases, no, but in this case I think you are wrong.

The team is well prepared every game.

The team has bounced back from 2 horrible early season losses (Denver and Dallas) and the Everett injury. They also rebounded from getting ***** slapped by the Pats and Jags, to beat a jacked up Skins team, in their jacked up back yard.

Not to mention the 15 or so guys placed on IR, and the inconsistent QB play.

If The Bills finish .500 or better, Jauron should get serious consideration. If they, somehow win 10 games, he should win the award hands down.

Comment

• The Answer
        The Plagiarist
        • Mar 2007

We are 6-3 since a 0-3 start - the dallas game was a complete debacle in terms of coaching, but The Corpse has done a masterful job this year given the circumstances.

If we finish 10 - 6 there's no way you can deny The Corpse.

~The Answer

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
          In most cases, no, but in this case I think you are wrong.

The team is well prepared every game.

The team has bounced back from 2 horrible early season losses (Denver and Dallas) and the Everett injury. They also rebounded from getting ***** slapped by the Pats and Jags, to beat a jacked up Skins team, in their jacked up back yard.

Not to mention the 15 or so guys placed on IR, and the inconsistent QB play.

If The Bills finish .500 or better, Jauron should get serious consideration. If they, somehow win 10 games, he should win the award hands down.
          if he wins it will be an absolute nightmare. I firmly believe that he's the wrong coach for this team, and the more accolades he receives, the harder it will be to get rid of him.

We could already have 8 of those 10 wins you're talking about.

Being good in spite of X, Y and Z is not the same as being good, and I don't know how any coach on a team that's not good should even be in consideration.

I might be able to give a little if we beat even one good team- Pittsburgh, NE (twice), Jacksonville, Dallas- but instead, we just pick on teams that are equally mediocre or worse than us. And we barely beat them. That's not much of an accomplishment.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
            • Jul 2002

I'd say Washington is the one worthy team we beat this year. I reserve judgment until I see how they do the rest of the way.

Comment

• Meathead
              Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
              • Jul 2002

partial thanks

but he hasnt made those boneheaded gameday decisions in a while. considering how well the bills mash unit has performed under the circumstances i once again like the feel of dick

but if by some miracle they run the table and make the playoffs he cannot be denied. anything short of that and im afraid id have to agree with you, you cant win the coty if you made the calls that ended up keeping them out of the post season
              One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by billsfanone
                I'd say Washington is the one worthy team we beat this year. I reserve judgment until I see how they do the rest of the way.
                washington lost 3 in a row coming into the game against us, and they had leads in all three games- not to mention they had the most stressful week of any NFL team in history leading up to the game (other than maybe the Saints after Katrina).

Despite all that, we only managed a 1 point last second victory over a struggling NFC team dealing with an emotional crisis. A win's a win- I'm not complaining, I'm just saying I don't really consider it a "worthy" team under the circumstances.

IMO the only real convincing win we had this year was over Cincy- even though Cincy's probably worse than Washington, at least we beat them convincingly and put up some points.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                  Zero for Zero!
                  • Mar 2003

If he had directly cost his team two games you would be right. But he did not, so you are wrong.
                  Originally posted by mysticsoto
                  Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                    Zero for Zero!
                    • Mar 2003

if he wins it will be an absolute nightmare. I firmly believe that he's the wrong coach for this team, and the more accolades he receives, the harder it will be to get rid of him.
                    And this is dumb logic.

"I hope the team does not succeed because that means we are doing well and will keep the coaches."

And you tell us we like mediocrity?
                    Originally posted by mysticsoto
                    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by billsfanone
                      I'd say Washington is the one worthy team we beat this year.
                      NE torched them worse than they did us and they had Taylor then.
                      sacrifice1
                      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                        If he had directly cost his team two games you would be right. But he did not, so you are wrong.
                        sorry- deny reality all you want- bad coaching cost us two games. And yeah, I know what you're going to say- it was probably Fairchild who made the call in the Denver game and Fewell who made the call in the Dallas game, but he's the HC and if they do something stupid it's up to him to override them. At worst he made the call himself and at best he sat back and let it happen- not to mention he didn't have his coordinators trained well enough to realize they were making bad decisions.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

I'd keep Dick and Fewell . Get rid of our OC.
                          sacrifice1
                          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                            And this is dumb logic.

"I hope the team does not succeed because that means we are doing well and will keep the coaches."

And you tell us we like mediocrity?

If we succeed well enough for Jauron to get the award, it will be a fluke just like his one good season in Chicago.

And I never said I hope the team doesn't succeed- if the team succeeds, I don't want Jauron to get undue credit for the success- it will be in spite of him and not because of him.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                              Roways rooking ahread!
                              • Sep 2005

When we make the playoffs, DJ can count on getting this award. The sad part is I think some of you want DJ to fail for your own selfish reasons.

It's better the Bills win, not yourself.

Comment

Working...
                              X