PDA

View Full Version : Is Fred Jackson / ML combo like a repeat of Thurman / Kenny Davis??

Mitchy moo
12-03-2007, 02:21 PM
I have no idea why but I had a vision of both FJ / ML guys being out on the field at the same time. It gives us a dimension we really haven't seen since Thurman and Kenneth Davis we're out on the field. It would give Trent that many more options and allow the Bills to really have ways of getting downfield and grinding opponents down. The longer balls would also become easier because it this type of scenario will force opposing defense to play up alot more. They will not be able to sit back in a zone and wait.

I have a weird feeling that we make the playoffs this year. The remaining teams on our schedule all have issues and have been playing shaky at best as of late. Our team plays with alot of heart and we should have a healthy team ready to fight.

I just would like you to read a quote that Kenny said about his experiences with Marv and crew (8-20-04 article) and see if you find parallels to this year:

"I think one of the biggest reasons started with coach (Marv) Levy," Davis said. "He had us well prepared. But not only did he have us well prepared, I think he had his coaching staff well prepared. Everyone got along. Being able to have that type of a vision and being able to have that type of cohesiveness as a team, I think that’s what made us so good. You’ve got to have cohesiveness as a team. You don’t have to love each other, but you’ve got to be able to get along with each other and you’ve got to be willing to help one another. They put together a special group of guys."

Mudflap1
12-03-2007, 02:26 PM
I like it. I really like Lynch, but I'm not ready to say that Jackson will be the subordinate in this situation long-term. He may surprise us and eventually take more of a 50-50 role. That guy had a really, really impressive game yeserday. He has to be involved in the offense significantly the next few games. He's so quick. Did anyone see how he burnt Fletcher? This guy is fast and should be linebackers most of the time on flare passes out of the backfield. Get this guy the ball.

Mitchy moo
12-03-2007, 02:29 PM
I like it. I really like Lynch, but I'm not ready to say that Jackson will be the subordinate in this situation long-term. He may surprise us and eventually take more of a 50-50 role. That guy had a really, really impressive game yeserday. He has to be involved in the offense significantly the next few games. He's so quick. Did anyone see how he burnt Fletcher? This guy is fast and should be linebackers most of the time on flare passes out of the backfield. Get this guy the ball.

Working both of them into the offense would really give us the 1 / 2 punch we have been missing. If Royal can get his act together, we'll be in alot better shape on the offense.

EDS
12-03-2007, 02:40 PM
A think it is a little too early to compare a rookie and another first year player to two guys who had success over the course of a number of seasons, one of whom is a hall of famer, who performed on super bowl caliber teams.

The future looks bright to be sure, but only time will tell if they are as good.

Mudflap1
12-03-2007, 02:40 PM
Screw Royal -- 2nd/3rd string at best. We need another tight end. An athletic guy that teams will respect and who has some speed.

Mahdi
12-03-2007, 02:44 PM
Working both of them into the offense would really give us the 1 / 2 punch we have been missing. If Royal can get his act together, we'll be in alot better shape on the offense.
Royal is what he is.... this is his act. I should say though that I like him as a 2nd TE in 2 TE sets because he can block and he is a good team guy and locker room presence.

Mitchy moo
12-03-2007, 02:44 PM
A think it is a little too early to compare a rookie and another first year player to two guys who had success over the course of a number of seasons, one of whom is a hall of famer, who performed on super bowl caliber teams.

The future looks bright to be sure, but only time will tell if they are as good.

I am just saying that the potential seems to be there and looking at the K. Davis quote it's difficult to not see a similiar mindset coming along.

Mitchy moo
12-03-2007, 02:46 PM
Royal is what he is.... this is his act. I should say though that I like him as a 2nd TE in 2 TE sets because he can block and he is a good team guy and locker room presence.

Well what does Royal do well then, just block??

THATHURMANATOR
12-03-2007, 02:52 PM
I have no idea why but I had a vision of both FJ / ML guys being out on the field at the same time. It gives us a dimension we really haven't seen since Thurman and Kenneth Davis we're out on the field. It would give Trent that many more options and allow the Bills to really have ways of getting downfield and grinding opponents down. The longer balls would also become easier because it this type of scenario will force opposing defense to play up alot more. They will not be able to sit back in a zone and wait.

I have a weird feeling that we make the playoffs this year. The remaining teams on our schedule all have issues and have been playing shaky at best as of late. Our team plays with alot of heart and we should have a healthy team ready to fight.

I just would like you to read a quote that Kenny said about his experiences with Marv and crew (8-20-04 article) and see if you find parallels to this year:

"I think one of the biggest reasons started with coach (Marv) Levy," Davis said. "He had us well prepared. But not only did he have us well prepared, I think he had his coaching staff well prepared. Everyone got along. Being able to have that type of a vision and being able to have that type of cohesiveness as a team, I think that’s what made us so good. You’ve got to have cohesiveness as a team. You don’t have to love each other, but you’ve got to be able to get along with each other and you’ve got to be willing to help one another. They put together a special group of guys."
I don't really remember Thurm and Davis really being on the field at the same time ever Skoobs. Davis would always spell Thurman

SquishDaFish
12-03-2007, 03:42 PM
I think Lynch/Jackson could bring back alot of memories of Thurmo/Davis for sure.

colin
12-03-2007, 04:07 PM
2 good backs is a necesity for a run team like we wanna be.

freddy jax is very quick and accelerates, but i think marshawn has a better to gear speed. imo marshawn is a bull but hasn't been finding the holes and cutbacks enough, he's been running into danger and trying to shake everyone a bit much, i think he will stop hesistating as he learns.

as long as they keep getting better and playing together i could see our big o line just dominating guys

Mitchy moo
12-03-2007, 04:15 PM
2 good backs is a necesity for a run team like we wanna be.

freddy jax is very quick and accelerates, but i think marshawn has a better to gear speed. imo marshawn is a bull but hasn't been finding the holes and cutbacks enough, he's been running into danger and trying to shake everyone a bit much, i think he will stop hesistating as he learns.

as long as they keep getting better and playing together i could see our big o line just dominating guys

I wouldn't even mind FJ lining up as a WR or coming out of the backfield, we need to push forward everyway we can.

patmoran2006
12-03-2007, 05:00 PM
DIdnt we read this same thread with Marshawn and Dwayne Wright earlier this year?

I'll settle for Maroney/Dillon or Addai/Rhodes and be happy.

G. Host
12-03-2007, 05:14 PM
It is too early to tell how good Jackson is although several news reports I saw labelled Jackson as a WR not a RB.