PDA

View Full Version : Compensary Picks, Do we finally Get some this year?

bigbub2352
12-03-2007, 03:10 PM
Pardon my ignorance, but the Bills continue to lose players to FA in the offseason, and we never receive much in the compensary part, but i have seen NE and others get like 3 or 4 every year, I dont understand how it works, so my question is after losing Mike Gandy who starts in ARZ, and London Fletcher who starts in Wash, and Nate Clements who starts in San Fran will we finally get any extra picks?

Forward_Lateral
12-03-2007, 03:13 PM
I highly doubt it, since they signed Dockery and Walker.

Mr. Miyagi
12-03-2007, 03:15 PM
So what? We still lost more to FAs than we signed.

Dr. Lecter
12-03-2007, 03:23 PM
They also signed Whittle.

It is unlikely they receive any picks.

DraftBoy
12-03-2007, 03:28 PM
There is a guy on another board who is usually very accurate when it comes to these things, I think he frequents boards that both NE39 and I both check, or atleast his perdictions are posted there. Better wait till then bc he's the best at it.

bigbub2352
12-03-2007, 03:28 PM
again excuse my ignorance but i thought u dont get them if u sign someone in the place of the FA lost, plus Clements got the biggest contract in NFL history for a defensive player, we signed jason webster that is not the same , i can see ur point at Oline, but Fletch was D too hmmmmm...

Mr. Miyagi
12-03-2007, 03:36 PM
Bills signed:

Jason Whittle - IR
Derrick Dockery - Starter
Langston Walker - Starter
Josh Scobey - Backup, cut
Jerametrius Butler - Backup
Jason Webster - IR

Bills lost:
Nate Clements - Starter (SF)
London Fletcher - Starter (WAS)
Mike Gandy - Starter (ARI)
Bradford Banta - Backup (SF)
Willis McGahee - Starter (BAL)
Takeo Spikes - Starter (PHI)
Darwin Walker - Starter (CHI)
Kelly Holcomb - Backup (MIN)
Andre Davis - Starter (HOU)

We signed 2 starters but lost 7 players who became another team's starter. Yeah I think we should get some picks for them.

Dr. Lecter
12-03-2007, 03:39 PM
Spikes, McGahee, Holcomb and Walker do not count in the equation.

Ickybaluky
12-03-2007, 03:41 PM
Bills signed:

Jason Whittle - IR
Derrick Dockery - Starter
Langston Walker - Starter
Josh Scobey - Backup, cut
Jerametrius Butler - Backup
Jason Webster - IR

Bills lost:
Nate Clements - Starter (SF)
London Fletcher - Starter (WAS)
Mike Gandy - Starter (ARI)
Bradford Banta - Backup (SF)
Willis McGahee - Starter (BAL)
Takeo Spikes - Starter (PHI)
Darwin Walker - Starter (CHI)
Kelly Holcomb - Backup (MIN)
Andre Davis - Starter (HOU)

We signed 2 starters but lost 7 players who became another team's starter. Yeah I think we should get some picks for them.

It isn't all players, just actual FA. If guys are cut or traded they don't count.

Also, performance isn't the only factor. The size of the contract they signed is slotted, and is a factor as well.

BTW, for those of you who think the Bills have been screwed by this process, note that the Bills have received among the most picks in this compensary system since it was implemented. They just haven't received them recently.