PDA

View Full Version : Can Trent handle the cold?

THATHURMANATOR
12-03-2007, 03:18 PM
Remember he is a Cali boy. Could he excel on a day like today?

Mudflap1
12-03-2007, 03:28 PM
Trent's from the Bay Area. Remember, the coldest winter is a summer in San Francisco. They don't say that for nothing.

Jon

trapezeus
12-03-2007, 03:40 PM
i think Pride had a great post the other day about how cold effects players. in a nutshell he said, when you practice in it and live in it day in day out, you get accustomed to it.

even with the indoor facility, the bills are more use to it than the dolphins.

The Answer
12-03-2007, 03:42 PM

A certain HOF QB from Stanford seemed to fare pretty well in Denver during the winter.....

~The Answer

Mudflap1
12-03-2007, 03:51 PM
Playing football in cold weather is fun. Edwards will be fine as far as that goes.

THATHURMANATOR
12-03-2007, 04:06 PM
A certain HOF QB from Stanford seemed to fare pretty well in Denver during the winter.....

~The Answer
Yes but I am not asking about Elway. I was asking about Trent.

I am thinking he will be fine!

Michael82
12-03-2007, 04:25 PM
Yes but I am not asking about Elway. I was asking about Trent.

I am thinking he will be fine!
Don't forget. The Answer is the same guy that thinks Kelly Holcomb is God. :funny:

DynaPaul
12-03-2007, 04:41 PM
Having lived in the Bay Area for almost 4 years I can say that their winters can get pretty damn cold up there with the breeze coming off the pacific. It's also real windy too. They don't get any snow up there but in the winter it does rain a lot. I don't see any reason why Trent can't handle the cold here. I'd be more worried about JP in the cold than Trent.

HAMMER
12-03-2007, 05:22 PM
Having lived in the Bay Area for almost 4 years I can say that their winters can get pretty damn cold up there with the breeze coming off the pacific. It's also real windy too. They don't get any snow up there but in the winter it does rain a lot. I don't see any reason why Trent can't handle the cold here. I'd be more worried about JP in the cold than Trent.

You can't even begin to compare the Bay area to a December game at the Ralph with some 40* rain and the Hawk blowin. Not even close.

dannyek71
12-03-2007, 05:23 PM
Don't forget. The Answer is the same guy that thinks Kelly Holcomb is God. :funny:

Hey, KH could ALWAYS get you 4 yards when it was 4th and 15 with the game on the line.

Mudflap1
12-03-2007, 05:41 PM
You can't even begin to compare the Bay area to a December game at the Ralph with some 40* rain and the Hawk blowin. Not even close.

We aren't comparing the two. Just saying that the Bay Area can get pretty f'n raw sometimes, so I wouldn't worry too much about Edwards being prepared to play in raw/wintry weather.

deepslant
12-03-2007, 05:42 PM
Coldest day in my life was a April baseball game at Candlestick. Nothings even comes close and that includes alaska trips in winter. We will see.

acehole
12-03-2007, 05:50 PM

Good piont add that to a injury prone college career
with weak arm and you got one big pink floppy pansy.

hahaha naaa just messing.

Could not resist.

Time will tell on your main piont.

I say we will run him out of town like the last 6-7 qb's as we wil never
build a winner with the crash to crap that the 117 year old sees
fit to run here.....

THATHURMANATOR
12-03-2007, 06:08 PM
What is pretty darn cold because it is like 10 degrees windchill here today

Mudflap1
12-03-2007, 06:11 PM
What is pretty darn cold because it is like 10 degrees windchill here today

Maybe 30 degrees windchill with rain? Not Buffalo in Dec-Feb, but still, it's weather.

THATHURMANATOR
12-03-2007, 06:13 PM
Got it

SABuffalo786
12-03-2007, 06:50 PM
We do seem to have a thing for California Quarterbacks. Pennsylvania doesn't make anymore good ones?

billsburgh
12-03-2007, 08:22 PM
Pennsylvania doesn't make anymore good ones?
just give my sons 10-15 years

pintonick96
12-03-2007, 09:26 PM
Playing football in cold weather is fun. Edwards will be fine as far as that goes.

No it's not. Warm weather is a million times better. Like 70 degrees. Perfect.

DynaPaul
12-08-2007, 06:54 PM

Well, that's the extreme scenario. There's no way it gets THAT cold in the Bay Area but it isn't like San Diego or LA in terms of climate. I tell you, I was never colder than that Denver game in December some time back and I was in the 300 section with the breeze hitting me.