PDA

View Full Version : Edwards' first 3 quarters yesterday

Mr. Miyagi
12-03-2007, 03:23 PM
Reminded me of Kelly Holcomb. :ill:

Good thing he redeemed himself in the 4th. :up:

justasportsfan
12-03-2007, 03:25 PM
Holcomb hardly misses short passes. Trent was missfiring short passses. He blew the first 3 qtrs. but forgiven only because of the last drive

Devin
12-03-2007, 03:30 PM
Trent was similar to Holcomb except Trent doesnt suck ass.

Course it could have been worse he could have tossed an INT, been sacked 5 times and fumbled before half time like another QB on our roster.

justasportsfan
12-03-2007, 03:32 PM

Trent is not as good as Holcomb yet. When Trent fires 400 yards in the playoffs like Holcomb did, then we'll talk.

trapezeus
12-03-2007, 03:33 PM
Holcomb hardly misses short passes. Trent was missfiring short passses

are you serious? trent missed a couple. everyone misses a couple passes. You are so delusional it's amazing.

The bills OC sucks, yet trent and co found a way to win when they couldnt do anything but find excuses with JP.

When JP lands with a new team, perhaps you'll move to that board so you can support the one player who you love.

R. Rich
12-03-2007, 03:33 PM

Course it could have been worse he could have tossed an INT, been sacked 5 times and fumbled before half time like another QB on our roster.

...and the flipside, Devlin:

Course it could have been better he could have tossed a TD instead of stalling out time after time like a '75 Pinto.

Now that that crap is out of the way, how 'bout we all just enjoy the fact that the Bills won? Maybe? Nah. Instead, let's have another heaping pile of the dung known as "JP vs Trent". Yeah, that's MUCH better.

Devin
12-03-2007, 03:36 PM
Trent is not as good as Holcomb yet. When Trent fires 400 yards in the playoffs like Holcomb did, then we'll talk.

:rofl:

The Answer
12-03-2007, 03:37 PM

Might be a good thing - The Holcombator was 4-4 as a starter in 2005, should have played last year too and we might have been in the postseason.

~The Answer

The Answer
12-03-2007, 03:38 PM
Holcomb hardly misses short passes. Trent was missfiring short passses. He blew the first 3 qtrs. but forgiven only because of the last drive

Trent was lights out in the 2nd half - putting up 200 yards in the air including 'The Throw' to win the game.

~The Answer

The Answer
12-03-2007, 03:39 PM

Trent is already as good as The Holcombator, possibly even better.....

~The Answer

HHURRICANE
12-03-2007, 03:45 PM
Guys you need to start ignoring Justa because he's going to trash Edwards and than act like he's a supporter at the same time.

Holcomb looked great in Minnesota this year, didn't he? Of course he didn't have a running game to help him.

Michael82
12-03-2007, 04:27 PM

umm, he tried to throw interceptions, but the Redskins didn't want the ball. He also fumbled the ball, but luckily his lineman got there to recover it before Washington could. :gag:

justasportsfan
12-03-2007, 04:45 PM
Guys you need to start ignoring Justa because he's going to trash Edwards and than act like he's a supporter at the same time.

another ******ed post as usual

justasportsfan
12-03-2007, 04:47 PM
:rofl:
what has Trent done to safely assume that he's as proven as Holcomb. Nothing. If you want to talk potential then yes, he has the portential to be way better than KH. But in the meantime, let's go by achievement. TE hasn't done anything yet.

mybills
12-03-2007, 05:29 PM
:phew:

deepslant
12-03-2007, 05:33 PM
what has Trent done to safely assume that he's as proven as Holcomb. Nothing. If you want to talk potential then yes, he has the portential to be way better than KH. But in the meantime, let's go by achievement. TE hasn't done anything yet.
LOL - your are joke today!

Try 4-1 record. That's nothin? Not since Joe Ferguson has a buffalo qb won 4 games so take a no-doz and wake up.

justasportsfan
12-03-2007, 05:51 PM

Try 4-1 record. That's nothin? Not since Joe Ferguson has a buffalo qb won 4 games so take a no-doz and wake up.

you want to go by records? What's Trents [layoff record compared to KH? Thought so.

And please, even the blind knows the D kept the team in the game yesterday. Not Trent. Lindell won us the game not Trent.

If qb starting record means anything, why did the Ravens let go of Trent Dilfer? Aha!

BTW, he's 4-1 because JP won the jets game for him. Let's not get homeristic about Trent just yet. People here were praising JP when he threw TD's to Evans against KC. Where's JP now?

Yasgur's Farm
12-03-2007, 05:53 PM

Try 4-1 record. That's nothin? Not since Joe Ferguson has a buffalo qb won 4 games so take a no-doz and wake up.UHHHHM... Nothing against what Edwards has accomplished... But... Kelly, Flutie and Bledsoe have all won 4 straight... And I think even Losman was 4-1 at one point during the 2nd half of 2006.

You need to work on your facts. :fishy:

VooDoo80
12-03-2007, 05:53 PM
He's a ****ing Rookie. RELAX. Judge him in a season. As long as he's not LOSING us games and moving us in right direction, i don't get the bashers.

deepslant
12-03-2007, 05:55 PM
UHHHHM... Nothing against what Edwards has accomplished... But... Kelly, Flutie and Bledsoe have all won 4 straight... And I think even Losman was 4-1 at one point during the 2nd half of 2006.

As a rookie smart guy. As a rookie.

justasportsfan
12-03-2007, 05:56 PM
As a rookie smart guy. As a rookie.
exactly. No one is judging his career. Just what he's done so far and so far he's full of potential but nothing proven.

deepslant
12-03-2007, 05:57 PM
you want to go by records? What's Trents [layoff record compared to KH? Thought so.

And please, even the blind knows the D kept the team in the game yesterday. Not Trent. Lindell won us the game not Trent.

If qb starting record means anything, why did the Ravens let go of Trent Dilfer? Aha!

BTW, he's 4-1 because JP won the jets game for him. Let's not get homeristic about Trent just yet. People here were praising JP when he threw TD's to Evans against KC. Where's JP now?
JP threw up the ultimate "JP Prayer" to Evans against the Jets. To call that a victory by JP is ridiculous. No skins players had there hands, or anything else, near 'the pass' yesterday for it was perfect.

Yasgur's Farm
12-03-2007, 05:57 PM

Try 4-1 record. That's nothin? Not since Joe Ferguson has a buffalo qb won 4 games so take a no-doz and wake up.Is there anything in this quote that mentions "rookie" Einstein?

theanswer74
12-03-2007, 05:58 PM
Ide take a 22-23 year old Holcomb. Trent does have a better arm though, so he can grow into deeper passes as he learns the offense better. He has only been here for 7 months.

Its a lot harder for a QB to grow into getting the ball out quick, on time, and accurate then it is to throw downfield.

Yasgur's Farm
12-03-2007, 05:59 PM
JP threw up the ultimate "JP Prayer" to Evans against the Jets. To call that a victory by JP is ridiculous. No skins players had there hands, or anything else, near 'the pass' yesterday for it was perfect.If it wasn't for the JP pass... Edwards would be 3-2... The Bills were losing when JP came in.

I'm in no way bashing Edwards... I support him.

BUT... I can't stand inaccurate diarrhea of the mouth.

deepslant
exactly. No one is judging his career. Just what he's done so far and so far he's full of potential but nothing proven.
What don't you get about 4-1? or 3-1 or 3-2 or pick it. He's frickin winning unlike his predecessor. It's rather sad too for JP was someone the community thought highly of.

justasportsfan
JP threw up the ultimate "JP Prayer" to Evans against the Jets. To call that a victory by JP is ridiculous. No skins players had there hands, or anything else, near 'the pass' yesterday for it was perfect.
so you give the win to Trent for scoring 3 pts all game? That's even a bigger joke.

Who's complaining about yesterday's pass. Not me. I even called it a beauty. Then again , JP has thrown several of those passes to win games.

deepslant
12-03-2007, 06:00 PM
If it wasn't for the JP pass... Edwards would be 3-2... The Bills were losing when JP came in.
again........
JP threw up the ultimate "JP Prayer" to Evans against the Jets. To call that a victory by JP is ridiculous. No skins players had there hands, or anything else, near 'the pass' yesterday for it was perfect.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

acehole
12-03-2007, 06:00 PM
UHHHHM... Nothing against what Edwards has accomplished... But... Kelly, Flutie and Bledsoe have all won 4 straight... And I think even Losman was 4-1 at one point during the 2nd half of 2006.

My piont exactly..guys have been conviced after 4.25 game,...the Montanna comparisons are a bit much. Wait and see time reveals all fools and sages and everything in between.

deepslant
12-03-2007, 06:01 PM
so you give the win to Trent for scoring 3 pts all game? That's even a bigger joke.
Starter takes the win or the loss. It's the way it works.

justasportsfan
12-03-2007, 06:02 PM
What don't you get about 4-1? or 3-1 or 3-2 or pick it. He's frickin winning unlike his predecessor. It's rather sad too for JP was someone the community thought highly of.

Wrong, the team is winning , not just Trent. Trent didn't score the fg's yesterday. Lindell did. To give credit to TE and ignoring the efforts of the D and and ST is only something that a Trent fan would do.

justasportsfan
12-03-2007, 06:03 PM
Only to those who don't know any better. It does not tell the whole story.

Yasgur's Farm
12-03-2007, 06:06 PM
deepslant... If I were your roommate... And you brought home a girl that you worked on all night... And then you pass out before you do the nasty... And she turns to me for what you couldn't deliver...

WHO DIDN'T GET LAID?!!

deepslant
12-03-2007, 06:09 PM
Wrong, the team is winning , not just Trent. Trent didn't score the fg's yesterday. Lindell did. To give credit to TE and ignoring the efforts of the D and and ST is only something that a Trent fan would do.
Ignoring what? Next you'll say the waterboy was the reason we won. Yes, it's a team thing as it always is but Trent obviously made the last second pass to put us in the position to win. No turnovers, 257 yards, no sacks, no screwups, he's looking like he'll tear a gill off the phish this Sunday. Don't ya think?

deepslant
12-03-2007, 06:10 PM
deepslant... If I were your roommate... And you brought home a girl that you worked on all night... And then you pass out before you do the nasty... And she turns to me for what you couldn't deliver...

WHO DIDN'T GET LAID?!!
Both of us because she was a he.

justasportsfan
12-03-2007, 06:13 PM
Ignoring what? Next you'll say the waterboy was the reason we won. Yes, it's a team thing as it always is but Trent obviously made the last second pass to put us in the position to win. No turnovers, 257 yards, no sacks, no screwups, he's looking like he'll tear a gill off the phish this Sunday. Don't ya think?
He played enough to win. NO one is complaining about that. I even called that pass clutch. I'm not sure about what you're trying to argue with this post.

With regards to the fish, we'll see. Our D matches up very well against Beck.

deepslant
12-03-2007, 06:17 PM
He played enough to win. NO one is complaining about that. I even called that pass clutch. I'm not sure about what you're trying to argue with this post.

With regards to the fish, we'll see. Our D matches up very well against Beck.
Hey, for once we agree. I thought you'd come to my side on this thing.

justasportsfan
12-03-2007, 06:18 PM
Hey, for once we agree. I thought you'd come to my side on this thing.
I've stated that in the other threads. Since we agree , would that make you a joke today too :D

deepslant
12-03-2007, 06:20 PM
I've stated that in the other threads. Since we agree , would that make you a joke today too :D
Why not, it a great monday after the first come from behind last second field goal I can even faintly remember.:brush:

justasportsfan
12-03-2007, 06:22 PM
Why not, it a great monday after the first come from behind last second field goal I can even faintly remember.:brush:
I get to actually watch the sports shows . Normally Inside NFL would hardly pay attention to any bills games. But this time they will because of Taylor and special thanks to Gibbs.

deepslant
12-03-2007, 06:28 PM
If it wasn't for the JP pass... Edwards would be 3-2... The Bills were losing when JP came in.

How does my breath smell?

You support Trent like Justa does. Not really at all.

deepslant
12-03-2007, 06:30 PM
I get to actually watch the sports shows . Normally Inside NFL would hardly pay attention to any bills games. But this time they will because of Taylor and special thanks to Gibbs.
Ya, and NFL.com and yahoo sports has finally given the bills there due, and not because we were playing the stinkin pats. Nice publicity but on the wrong day. Sean's team had a rough day today for sure.

justasportsfan
12-03-2007, 06:32 PM
You support Trent like Justa does. Not really at all.
and that's the way I was with JP but somehow get labeled as a hater because I don't see Trent in the HOF yet.

deepslant
12-03-2007, 06:41 PM
No ones saying he's a HOFer. No ones sure he's next years starter. We all hope he continues to WIN and develop. The short term goal is the playoffs, it's not figuring out JP vs Trent as that was settled on Sunday. JP is moving on and Ralphie will see to it, regardless. JP stopped developing, hit a glass ceiling, is fragile, or was so poorly coached he quit progressing so it's time to move on. It might not be JP's fault but you can't force a square peg into a Fairchild hole. It's turn the page time on JP.

YardRat
12-03-2007, 08:22 PM

The game was tied at 3.

trapezeus
12-04-2007, 02:45 PM

Who's complaining about yesterday's pass. Not me. I even called it a beauty. Then again , JP has thrown several of those passes to win games.

really? JP has won several games in the last minutes with accurate passing? houston is the only game i can think of, and peerless made a wonderful catch with the toe drag. granted that was the only way he was going to get the ball, but losman gets rattled the second adversity shows up. Edwards, just got on the field, made the throws with no timeouts and won the game.

Instead of waiting for the future, why don't you just enjoy the present?

justasportsfan
12-04-2007, 02:49 PM
really? JP has won several games in the last minutes with accurate passing? houston is the only game i can think of, and peerless made a wonderful catch with the toe drag. granted that was the only way he was going to get the ball, but losman gets rattled the second adversity shows up. Edwards, just got on the field, made the throws with no timeouts and won the game.

KC to Evans . That TD he threw to Peerless in the endzone was clutch. Funny, how all of a sudden the props go to Peerless and not JP for throwing that ball. That's like saying Trents pass goes to reed for running that route. Funny.

What about the pass that Royals didn't get his feet .

YOu guys amaze me when you talk like Trent is the 2nd coming of Kelly. Maybe Holcomb , not Jim.

just the same thing mybills told HH. SHould've doen the same when JP was winning as a qb. BTW, I am enjoying the present. I enjoyed the win last sunday . Doesn't mean I am going to rahrah like you guys do with Trent as if he won the game all by himself.

Bill Cody
12-04-2007, 04:20 PM

Holcomb was one dimensional, boring and had no upside. But that package was still better than JP who is multi dimensional, exciting and has tons of upside. Why? Because JP isn't a consistently accurate passer and Holcomb is, plain and simple.

If TE ends up being Holcomb with a deep game before all's said and done (and it's way too early to know that either way) maybe you have something. Don't forget Brady's 1st year as a starter he almost never threw more than 5 yards down field.

G. Host
12-04-2007, 07:58 PM

Teams win or lose; players perform or do not.