PDA

View Full Version : Trent Edwards "aint no misconception"

patmoran2006
12-03-2007, 05:19 PM
I saw the biggest difference between Edwards and Losman on Sunday. And I don't say it to berate Losman either.

But the passes to Jackson and Reed is what sets the two apart.

In my OPINION. Losman hits both those passes too. The difference is they probably hit them in the numbers or they wait a split second longer for the ball and those guys go down after making the catch immediately.

With the Jackson pass, Edwards had that ball TIMED perfectly.. He hit Jackson in perfect stride, which allowed him to outrun Fletcher and turn it into a huge 55-yard play.

With the Reed pass, Edwards hit Reed IN STRIDE, which allowed him to make a play for the other 8 yards necessary to get into original FG range.

IN all seriousness; if that's Losman back there, if he even sees Reed (not locked on Evans the whole time) it probably takes him at least a full second to get rid of that ball. If Reed doesn't catch that in stride and has to wait a split second for that ball, he gets tackled on the spot. The Bills are out of FG range, have to spike the ball and the game comes down to a hail mary in the end zone.

not just compared to Losman (he's the basis for comparison since he's our 'other' QB), but in general; Edwards sees things so much quicker than JP it's mind boggling.

Again, in MY OPINION. On that kind of road game, I'd bet JP gets sacked at least 3-4 times and has 2+ turnovers.

Trent has A LOT of work to do. He's the first to admit he threw a handful of poor balls Sunday. But man, how can a real Bills fan not appreciate the upside on this kid.

I did, and I especially now think he's really going to be the best rookie QB in this class, bar none.

deepslant
12-03-2007, 05:45 PM
I saw the biggest difference between Edwards and Losman on Sunday. And I don't say it to berate Losman either.

In my OPINION. Losman hits both those passes too. The difference is they probably hit them in the numbers or they wait a split second longer for the ball and those guys go down after making the catch immediately.

With the Jackson pass, Edwards had that ball TIMED perfectly.. He hit Jackson in perfect stride, which allowed him to outrun Fletcher and turn it into a huge 55-yard play.

With the Reed pass, Edwards hit Reed IN STRIDE, which allowed him to make a play for the other 8 yards necessary to get into original FG range.

IN all seriousness; if that's Losman back there, if he even sees Reed (not locked on Evans the whole time) it probably takes him at least a full second to get rid of that ball. If Reed doesn't catch that in stride and has to wait a split second for that ball, he gets tackled on the spot. The Bills are out of FG range, have to spike the ball and the game comes down to a hail mary in the end zone.

not just compared to Losman (he's the basis for comparison since he's our 'other' QB), but in general; Edwards sees things so much quicker than JP it's mind boggling.

Again, in MY OPINION. On that kind of road game, I'd bet JP gets sacked at least 3-4 times and has 2+ turnovers.

Trent has A LOT of work to do. He's the first to admit he threw a handful of poor balls Sunday. But man, how can a real Bills fan not appreciate the upside on this kid.

I did, and I especially now think he's really going to be the best rookie QB in this class, bar none.
Good post. Trent is a raw rookie so let's see if he uses the experience to kick some phish tale this weekend. I like the Trent and Freddy connection!

acehole
12-03-2007, 05:53 PM
Beauty is all in the eye...I only saw a handful of good throws.
It was enough to win...however and that is somthing to build on.

ublinkwescore
12-03-2007, 06:21 PM
It's not gonna matter who our QB is if we've still got Jauron as our HC.

This bonehead didn't use one stinking challenge yesterday, and he should have used one on the pass to Cooley where we clearly forced a fumble.

WTH was he thinking?

Mudflap1
12-03-2007, 06:28 PM

This bonehead didn't use one stinking challenge yesterday, and he should have used one on the pass to Cooley where we clearly forced a fumble.

WTH was he thinking?

The "bonehead" couldn't challenge the play because it was ruled as an incompletion. Because of that, the two choices for a call were 1) incomplete pass; or 2) complete pass and whistle blowing the play dead on the spot. Either way, Buffalo wasn't able to challenge the play to change the possession. It's the ref's fault, not Jauron's.

Good point Pat. Sadly for J.P., when he would make a throw other than his first read (which wasn't very much) he would often hold the ball and throw it which would result in the player being not as open or give the defense more time to react because he's indecisive as opposed to hitting the guy in stride at the right moment.

billsburgh
12-03-2007, 06:35 PM
yards after the catch has been something sorely lacking with JP.

colin
12-03-2007, 06:37 PM

WTH was he thinking?

it wasn't challengeable, so you're wrong.

also, i'm just happy that jp losman might never take another snap for the bills, he might be the dumbest qb to ever start for the bills.

he's a sissy too, he gets down and dejected as soon as he makes an error or gets hit

deepslant
12-03-2007, 06:37 PM
yards after the catch has been something sorely lacking with JP.

Agreed. YAC it up baby.

Mudflap1
12-03-2007, 06:42 PM
also, i'm just happy that jp losman might never take another snap for the bills, he might be the dumbest qb to ever start for the bills.

Incorrect, that honor will forever be bestowed upon Billy Joe Hobert. Rob Johnson was no genius either.

deepslant
12-03-2007, 06:43 PM
Incorrect, that honor will forever be bestowed upon Billy Joe Hobert. Rob Johnson was no genius either.
I thought Billy Joe was the quality assurance coach for the Jets. Isn't he?