PDA

View Full Version : Do you have your HD TV all ready for the Bills / Miami game?

Mitchy moo
12-03-2007, 07:35 PM
CBS sucks, we are the only game not in HD. You spend all this money on a super HDTV w/ surround sound & then you get F-ed.

LtFinFan66
12-03-2007, 07:38 PM
No because I will be there getting drunk, freezing, and meeting a bunch of zoners:up:

Mitchy moo
12-03-2007, 07:40 PM
No because I will be there getting drunk, freezing, and meeting a bunch of zoners:up:

Sweet!!

LtFinFan66
12-03-2007, 07:42 PM
Indeed

Cntrygal
12-03-2007, 08:21 PM
I'll be skiing (bigskyresort.com).

OpIv37
12-03-2007, 08:35 PM
****ing CBS. There is simply NO excuse to not have every game in HD at this point.

Mitchy moo
12-03-2007, 09:15 PM
****ing CBS. There is simply NO excuse to not have every game in HD at this point.

It's mind boggling to me as well, quarter of the east coast is tuning in for a crap signal.

SquishDaFish
12-03-2007, 09:16 PM
Where did you see this Skooby? From what I read earlier in season all the rest of Buffalos game were in HD. But seeing Miamis record they prob switched it anyway.

LtFinFan66
12-03-2007, 09:17 PM
See what you went and did now Skoob....you got Op are fired up. Good thing he is going to the game

Mitchy moo
12-03-2007, 09:30 PM
See what you went and did now Skoob....you got Op are fired up. Good thing he is going to the game

That's as easy as saying someone on the Bills looks like their improving. Then we get to hear about the Dallas loss and the heartache it caused.

LtFinFan66
12-03-2007, 09:36 PM
:rofl:

Two words :Soccer mom

Mitchy moo
12-06-2007, 06:59 AM
Miami @ Buffalo no HD
Ian Eagle, Solomon Wilcots

HHURRICANE
12-06-2007, 07:22 AM
CBS sucks, we are the only game not in HD. You spend all this money on a super HDTV w/ surround sound & then you get F-ed.

I'll be at the game!!:hump: :hump:

SquishDaFish
12-06-2007, 08:34 AM
I wish I could go to that game. I LOVE SNOW!!

G. Host
12-06-2007, 09:08 AM

You are seeing it in Super HD unless you get drunk and pass out or miss the plane - they installed a new HD Display.

LtFinFan66
12-06-2007, 09:09 AM
Drunk and pass out would be the most likely

G. Host
12-06-2007, 09:10 AM

No excuses but reasons - CBS is not making as much money as they want and cable and DirectTV have not offered to pony extra money to get HD for all games.

I am sure CBS will take a donation check!

Mitchy moo
12-06-2007, 09:37 AM
You are seeing it in Super HD unless you get drunk and pass out or miss the plane - they installed a new HD Display.

How does the screen look?? I haven't been able to go up this year?.

G. Host
12-06-2007, 09:39 AM
How does the screen look?? I haven't been able to go up this year?.

Absolutely great but my eyes are pretty bad.

Ironic thing is on NFL Replay games, even those not in HD, are in HD.

Mitchy moo
12-06-2007, 09:41 AM
Absolutely great but my eyes are pretty bad.

Ironic thing is on NFL Replay games, even those not in HD, are in HD.

How is that even possible?? Is the game in HD all the time and CBS is too lazy or what??

BlackMetalNinja
12-06-2007, 09:50 AM
How is that even possible?? Is the game in HD all the time and CBS is too lazy or what??

NFL Films has their own crews at every game too. So either they're using that footage, or the stadiums footage (HD cameras because of the HD scoreboard), or the only other option is they are upconverting the SD feed and it's not truly HD.

I don't know since I don't get the NFL network though.

OpIv37
12-06-2007, 10:06 AM
NFL Films has their own crews at every game too. So either they're using that footage, or the stadiums footage (HD cameras because of the HD scoreboard), or the only other option is they are upconverting the SD feed and it's not truly HD.

I don't know since I don't get the NFL network though.

I think upconvert would be rather obvious on a screen that large, but I digress....

The stadium has their own cameras. Even before the HD scoreboard, the monitors near the concession stands and stuff always showed the stadium feed and not the CBS feed, which annoyed me because there was no way to see down and distance (in the stands there are signs with that info, plus you can see the sticks- no such luck in the concession areas).

Jan Reimers
12-06-2007, 10:09 AM
No HD? My God!

If I were going to be home, I'd probably commit hari kari by falling on my Jim Kelly bobble head.

BlackMetalNinja
12-06-2007, 10:11 AM
I think upconvert would be rather obvious on a screen that large, but I digress....

The stadium has their own cameras. Even before the HD scoreboard, the monitors near the concession stands and stuff always showed the stadium feed and not the CBS feed, which annoyed me because there was no way to see down and distance (in the stands there are signs with that info, plus you can see the sticks- no such luck in the concession areas).

We were talking about the NFL network reshowing games... not the scoreboard in the stadium, so I'm not sure what you're getting at here.

OpIv37
12-06-2007, 10:16 AM
No HD? My God!

If I were going to be home, I'd probably commit hari kari by falling on my Jim Kelly bobble head.

oh man, here we go again. It's 2007- there is no excuse for a professional sporting event the caliber of an NFL game not being in HD. Fox gets pretty much every game in HD- I think they've had ONE game not in HD all year. By contrast, this is the 2nd Bills game not in HD- CBS has an SD game almost every week.

I paid for an HDTV. I paid for a 5LNB satellite dish and an HD receiver. I pay DirecTV for HD signal, and I paid extra for Sunday Ticket Superfan to get HD games.

But, I still can't get an HD signal because CBS is too cheap to do what Fox does. Hell, ever see the number of COLLEGE football games that ABC/ESPN makes available in HD every week? And their HD is better quality than CBS's anyway.

I will say that this year is a lot better than last year- I think we had 6 HD games all of last year, and we've already had 10 this year, with 3 left to go (and the Giants game is on Fox so that should be HD). But still- CBS has not caught up to their competitors and it's inexcusable.

OpIv37
12-06-2007, 10:18 AM
We were talking about the NFL network reshowing games... not the scoreboard in the stadium, so I'm not sure what you're getting at here.

Isn't it obvious? I jumped in on Page 2 of the thread without reading all of page 1 and acted like I knew what was being discussed.

madness
12-06-2007, 10:43 AM
I can't tell you how much that pisses me and my new HDTV off. I get spoiled watching last weeks game in HD for the first time and now I'm right back to crappy ol' SD.

BTW, it's already happening and I must confess. I'm becoming rotten to my HD lovin' core. I too am purposely skipping channels and shows just because they're not in HD.

OpIv37
12-06-2007, 10:53 AM
I can't tell you how much that pisses me and my new HDTV off. I get spoiled watching last weeks game in HD for the first time and now I'm right back to crappy ol' SD.

BTW, it's already happening and I must confess. I'm becoming rotten to my HD lovin' core. I too am purposely skipping channels and shows just because they're not in HD.

and sports are one of those things where the HD really adds value. I like watching The Office in HD, but the reality is that it's just people inside a building- the HD doesn't really add much to the show (except the ability to see the Wegmans product placement better).

But when it comes to sports, HD is huge. In football you can see the entire offensive formation except the flanker, and usually most of the defensive formation as well. Once the ball is snapped, it's much easier to see the whole play develop, and it's also easier to see numbers on sleeves and tell who is in the game. In hockey, you can see the entire zone from the end of the rink past the blue line and still tell where the puck is and who the players are.

BlackMetalNinja
12-06-2007, 10:58 AM
Isn't it obvious? I jumped in on Page 2 of the thread without reading all of page 1 and acted like I knew what was being discussed.

Well at least you admitted as much...

G. Host
12-06-2007, 11:12 AM
I paid for an HDTV. I paid for a 5LNB satellite dish and an HD receiver. I pay DirecTV for HD signal, and I paid extra for Sunday Ticket Superfan to get HD games.

But, I still can't get an HD signal because CBS is too cheap to do what Fox does. Hell, ever see the number of COLLEGE football games that ABC/ESPN makes available in HD every week? And their HD is better quality than CBS's anyway.

You paid and paid and paid DirectTV but DirectTV did not pay CBS. Complain and complain and complain to DirectTV and maybe they will pass money to CBS.

madness
12-06-2007, 11:22 AM
You paid and paid and paid DirectTV but DirectTV did not pay CBS. Complain and complain and complain to DirectTV and maybe they will pass money to CBS.

There's really not much to complain when you're talking about the leading provider in HD. I doubt the blame is 100% directly in DirectTV.

My neighbors just got a 42" Plasma for an early Christmas present and they told me cable would only provide 16 HD channels for about $20 more a month. I told them about DirecTV and the HD package and they immediately asked for the referral #.

G. Host
12-06-2007, 11:27 AM
People are complaining to CBS when they should be complaining to DirectTV, networks, etc. DirectTV makes money off high def, cable companies too but how much of that money goes to CBS? CBS has to pay expenses too.

SquishDaFish
12-06-2007, 12:20 PM
GHost its not Direct Tvs fault. CBS is the ones at fault. CBS needs to make sure they have HD camera at each of their games not Direct TV

OpIv37
12-06-2007, 12:20 PM

it's not a DirecTV issue. NO ONE gets the game in HD, whether they get CBS with an antenna, a satellite or a cable wire. All the service providers can do is re-broadcast the signal that CBS sends out.

DirecTV doesn't pay Fox either, but all the Fox games are in HD.