PDA

View Full Version : That last throw by Edwards

historypete
12-03-2007, 07:55 PM
Was absolutely gutsy. He threw a needle into very tight coverage. I think that throw answers any questions some may have about his arm strength. He threw that ball 30 yards, with perfect accuracy and velocity. Once he gets his accuracy on those deep balls down he is going to be real dangerous.

Now if we get him some real recieving targets this offense could do something big next year, and that is still assuming Fairchild either pulls his head of his ***, or he moves on. I'll admit though, he finally did a good job of getting Jackson involved in the passing game. It is ashame he couldn't do that with Marshawn. Hopefully he'll pull our TE's from the game more often and get a duel backfield of Jackson and Lynch going. Those guys provide real matchup advantages for us, something Gaines and Royal don't.

Last thing on Edwards, I love the way he leads recievers and gets the ball about shoulder height so they don't have to break stride. The YAC yards should start piling up. It was great to see him improve so much since the last Jets game. Now all we have to do is put the ball in the endzone.

YardRat
12-03-2007, 08:03 PM
I just watched the game on NFL network, because I missed the first three quarters live yesterday. Save for a couple of poor passes, he looked better than I expected considering the circumstances of the game when I first tuned in.

His mechanics aren't perfect, but he really handles the flow of the game well and his presence in the pocket is better than we've grown accustomed to over the last half-dozen guys to man the position.

HHURRICANE
12-03-2007, 09:12 PM
I just watched the game on NFL network, because I missed the first three quarters live yesterday. Save for a couple of poor passes, he looked better than I expected considering the circumstances of the game when I first tuned in.

His mechanics aren't perfect, but he really handles the flow of the game well and his presence in the pocket is better than we've grown accustomed to over the last half-dozen guys to man the position.

I need your honest answer. After reading the posts around here were you expecting him to look horrible?

By the way did you see the other thing that was discussed yesterday?

MTBillsFan
12-03-2007, 10:11 PM
It was a great pass and a great catch! TE and Reed stepped up and made the BIG play that we needed! TE will gain a ton of confidence from that drive!

GO BILLS!