• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Devin
    The Octagon
    • Apr 2003

Brutal words for the pats

I guess other players and teams are as sick of hearing about the damn pats, and the golden boy as we are. Every game they play the announcers orally service the entire team top to bottom, I guess its not gone unnoticed.

Worth noting that Walt Anderson is the most reversed ref in all of the NFL.

If this is the way its gonna be why the hell do we even play the games?

Suggs on the timeout attributed to the Ravens, which gave New England another chance on fourth down aver Baltimore appeared to stop Tom Brady short on a sneak: "You only get a few times to really get the NFL's poster boy in that type of situation. I don't know. It looked like all 22 men on the field played as if no timeout was called. But if it was called, it was called. I don't get inot that part of the game. I just do my job."
    Ravens linebacker Bart Scott on the timeout: "I didn't hear a timeout. That was very convenient."

Scott: "We outplayed them, plain and simple. We punched them in the mouth on both sides of the ball."
    Mason on whether the refs can get caught up in talk of an undefeated season: "I think everybody can get caught up. You should have heard some of the verbal blasts we were taking from the refs. It was just despicable. They don't want us to say anything to them, but they treat us like we're little kids out there, saying anything they want to say. As players, we can't say anything back. We can't report it to anybody because it's our word against theirs. But you have to give it up to New England. They did what they had to do. They scored at the end and that's all you can ask of a team."
    More from Mason on officiating: "I'm going to take it back to last game. San DIego. Quinn Sypniewski runs down the field, runs into one of their DBs, we catch the ball and they call offensive pass interference. OK. Great. This game, same things happens. Randy Moss runs right into Samari Rolle. They call defensive pass interference. I don't understand that. One game it's called one way, the next game it's called another way. At the end, you have a phantom call. That's why it's hard to play and win a game when you are playing against more than just the best team in the NFL."
    Ravens cornerback Chris McAlister on whether the NFL wants the Patriots to win: "They get a lot of calls. I'll say that. We've been watching film on them all week and I mean, they do get a lot of calls. As far as the NFL wanting them to win, you can't totally not think about it in those terms."
    and my favorite....

I'll leave you with a comment overheard from a veteran player: "You might as well crown them the Super Bowl champs if it's going to be like that."
    http://myespn.go.com/profile/hashmar...atriots-ravens
    http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php
  • LtFinFan66
    • Mar 2005

Re: Brutal words for the pats

They don't lie

Comment

• cocamide
      • Oct 2006

Although I agree that the Patsies do seem to get all the calls, the Ravens still acted like a bunch of crybabies at the end of the game, literally. I can understand the frustration, but at the end of the game, they looked like a bunch of *****es. I have no simpathy for the Ravens. We put up with the Patsies twice a year.

Comment

• Michael82
        • Jul 2002

Eventually the NFL is going to realize that we are all sick of it. If people start turning the TVs off, they will maybe start penalizing the Patriots and stop giving them the cheap calls. Right now, the NFL wants this run to happen. Just picture this....the Patriots are 15-0 and the final game of the year is the Patriots vs. Giants, on NFL NETWORK. Trust me, the NFL thinks that we all want to see this cheating, piece of **** team win it all again and break the record, but if they can't get that...at least they will be able to force more Cable companies to get pressure from the fans when the Patriots are 15 and fighting for a perfect season on their own Network. It makes perfect sense!

Comment

• Mr. Pink
          Peterman Sucks!
          • Mar 2006

Oh you mean that timeout that the Ravens sideline cleared called?

The one they showed on replay numerous times?

Yeah keep *****ing baltimore, you eph'd yourself.

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

Eventually the NFL is going to realize that we are all sick of it. If people start turning the TVs off
            The NFL is loving this...I'd bet the ratings for the Pats games are getting bigger every week. More fans are tuning in, hoping to see the team lose.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• mybills
              81 st zoner
              • Jul 2002

Mason: "That's why it's hard to play and win a game when you are playing against more than just the best team in the NFL."

Exactly!
              I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                Zero for Zero!
                • Mar 2003

Bull****.

The Ravens need to stop crying and whining. They lost the game to the Patriots. It was not the refs fault.
                Originally posted by mysticsoto
                Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• The King
                  Without me it's just Awe so
                  • Jun 2004

I didnt waste a minute of my time watching this game, I couldve called it a mile away. Im just glad I avoided the frustration of an almost win...
                  I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                  "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                  You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                  It was all
                  true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                  He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                  mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• mybills
                    81 st zoner
                    • Jul 2002

Too bad you missed it, I wanted you to see what an "exciting" game looks like. Our 4th quarter was that whole game.

btw, I got your text..you're right!
                    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• RockStar36
                      Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                      Bull****.

The Ravens need to stop crying and whining. They lost the game to the Patriots. It was not the refs fault.
                      Yeah seriously.

The Ravens want to ***** and moan because they know everyone will jump on the wagon and start crying about the big bad cheaters from New England.

It was the Ravens idiot coach who called the timeout. Maybe the players should stop running their mouths and watch some film.

D & S Sports

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

Ravens screwed themselves the TO, the PI on Rolle, and the holding call on the safety in the endzone were all good calls. Only Pass Interference on Rolle was even debatable. Ravens got a ton of calls in the 1st half and were very physical with the NE WR's, and they are lucky they didnt get penalized more. LB Bart Scott's antics at the end were inexcusable, the Ravens neither wanted nor deserved that game enough. Sad when Willis McGahee of all people was one of the classiest guys on the field for BAL.
                        COMING SOON...
                        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• pats-were-right
                          Just paint a target on my forehead
                          • Dec 2003

2005 Divisional playoffs at Denver.

It should be required watching for any of these losers who claims the refs are in our back pocket

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                            • Jul 2003

I'll give the Ravens credit for out-playing the Pats. The Patriots have looked like a tired team the last couple weeks, and the Ravens won the LOS on both sides of the ball. I think the pressure of trying to stay undefeated is getting to them, and they aren't meeting teams intensity every week. You see them making concentration errors, like dropping passes. I think they have dropped more passes in the last 2 weeks than they did all year prior to that.

I've said all along that talk of them going undefeated is silly. Granted, after they reached double-digit wins I can't say the thought hasn't crossed my mind, but I still think it is unlikely to happen. It is just too difficult, mentally as much as physically, to get up week after week and match team's intensity. It wears on a team.

However, crying about the refs is silly. The Ravens were done in by their own stupid mistakes. They were dominating the LOS in the second half and Boller tosses a dumb interception when they have good field position and the lead. They have a chance to run out the clock and they go 3-and-out the last few times they get the ball. The Pats get the ball back on the final drive and they allow them to march down the field.

They have nobody to blame but themselves. They physically took it to the Pats all game, but they were too dumb to finish it. The Bart Scott display at the end was embarrassing. I love Scott, who is an intense player, but that was an embarrassing display.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

Well said
                              COMING SOON...
                              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X