PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for the Class Act Bills

Preacher
12-04-2007, 02:19 AM
I didn't get a chance to see the game, so I am catching part of it now on the NFL network.

I noticed when the Redskins came up with only 10 players to honor their friend, what the Bills did.

Certain other teams (cough-pats-cough) would have probably audibled to a pass on that side. Bills came out and just ran their play. Sure, it was a bigger play because of 10 men... but it was the R.skins decision.

Thanks for staying classy and not making them pay for showing some respect.

shelby
12-04-2007, 04:11 AM
:up:

mybills
12-04-2007, 05:37 AM
I heard it was accidental..Jauron said he didn't know there was 10. :couch:

But, thanks! :D

Mitchy moo
12-04-2007, 05:38 AM

But, thanks! :D

:bad:

LtFinFan66
12-04-2007, 06:17 AM
Funny how both Dick and Joe claim to not know there were 10 when they had been reporting it for several days prior to the game that they were doing it:idunno:

LtFinFan66
12-04-2007, 06:18 AM

But, thanks! :DDo you have a link to that because I have yet to see that anywhere??

jamze132
12-04-2007, 06:18 AM
I would have liked to have taken a knee but oh well, its not like we scored anyways...

The King
12-04-2007, 06:25 AM
Do you have a link to that because I have yet to see that anywhere??

His press conference on bb.com

LtFinFan66
12-04-2007, 06:26 AM
roger that

mybills
12-04-2007, 06:57 AM
You callin' me a liar? :evil:

DraftBoy
12-04-2007, 07:34 AM
I agree with jamze Id prefer we taken a knee, or that Gibbs and DJ got together to work something out like we take a delay of game penalty which they then decline. But "apparently" neither coach knew anything about the whole thing, so I guess the fans do sometimes know more than the coaches :idunno:

TheGhostofJimKelly
12-04-2007, 07:50 AM
As we all know, or at least think we know, that the first 10 plays of a game are scripted. What if the first play of the game, assuming Dick was being sincere and didn't know there were only 10, was a bomb and the Bills scored a TD. Is that not being classy if the first play of the game was already called before the kickoff?

Meathead
12-04-2007, 07:54 AM
no way you take a knee there. thoroughly disrespectful. a running play is completely appropriate

DraftBoy
12-04-2007, 08:33 AM
no way you take a knee there. thoroughly disrespectful. a running play is completely appropriate

How is a knee disrespectful?

The honorable thing to do would of had the NFL step in and have both teams stand lined up in silence for the entire play clock have run down and have the Skins decline the penalty.

madness
12-04-2007, 08:38 AM
Funny how both Dick and Joe claim to not know there were 10 when they had been reporting it for several days prior to the game that they were doing it:idunno:

If they have time to read rumors in the press and visit message boards, I'd say their coaching duties are a bit limited.

imbondz
12-04-2007, 08:55 AM
If I was the coach, I would have thrown a bomb.

scott51
12-04-2007, 08:58 AM
If I was the coach, I would have thrown a bomb.

Exactly! Its horrible that Taylor died and they had a service before the game; once the game starts, its time to pull up your boot straps (or whatever straps you need to pull up) and get to work!

TigerJ
12-04-2007, 09:10 AM
I guess the point of the Redskin players' action was to do something graphic in real game conditions to honor their fallen teammate. For that to occur, it required a real play to be run by Buffalo. Regardless of how it came to be, I think Buffalo ended up doing about the best thing they could have.

The Spaz
12-04-2007, 09:52 AM
Mike Ditka thought it was lame to come out with just 10 players as well. Grieve and mourn all you want until and after game day but when game day comes be ready and put that **** behind you.

Meathead
12-04-2007, 12:01 PM

the point of the Redskin players' action was to do something graphic in real game conditions to honor their fallen teammate. For that to occur, it required a real play to be run by Buffalo.

LtBillsFan66
12-04-2007, 12:03 PM
Nice that you consider the Bills class acts. You have a bunch of thugs on the Skins who thought it was appropriate to trash talk all day long (Smoot especially). Seems they can't be classy when honoring a dead teammate. I guess getting on camera is more important.

Preacher
12-06-2007, 10:18 AM
Nice that you consider the Bills class acts. You have a bunch of thugs on the Skins who thought it was appropriate to trash talk all day long (Smoot especially). Seems they can't be classy when honoring a dead teammate. I guess getting on camera is more important.

NOt sure if you're talking to me.

I am not a Redsking fan... I'm a Steeler fan.

And as for whether the play was scripted or not.... It really doesn't matter. You audible out of a scripted play when a team messes up and not put all 11 on the field. The players after the game said that they noticed it, but still ran thier play. It seemed to be a conscious decision.

mybills
12-06-2007, 10:22 AM
NOt sure if you're talking to me.

I am not a Redsking fan... I'm a Steeler fan.

He must have his sig pics turned off. :idunno:

LABillsFan
12-06-2007, 11:18 AM
Let's not forget the Redskins were leading at the time 3-0. Why would the Bills take a knee? I could almost agree with taking a knee if the Skins did it on Off as well. Would anyone agree with taking a knee if it was 7-0? It was a run play and it could have gone for 22 yards or 0 yards. The Bills done good.

G. Host
12-06-2007, 11:25 AM
Deadskins should have forfeited the game and everyone could have just sang hymns and used the big screen to show tributes from players and fans.

chernobylwraiths
12-06-2007, 11:41 AM

The honorable thing to do would of had the NFL step in and have both teams stand lined up in silence for the entire play clock have run down and have the Skins decline the penalty.

Actually, what would have been REALLY cool, would be if all 21 men on the field and maybe even all the players and coaches on the sidelines taken a knee and taken the delay of game penalty. Now THAT would have been something to see.

Otherwise, it is a game and crappy displays like this somewhat cheapen the game. I think taking a knee and losing a whole play would have been monumentally stupid by the Bills. And, even though it was widely reported that the 10 men thing would happen, I think it was probably players talking about it and it being speculated on by the media. I can see Gregg Williams trying to take credit for the whole thing (like it was a grand gesture) and not telling his superior about it, maybe even against Gibbs's orders.

Preacher
12-07-2007, 12:45 AM
Actually, what would have been REALLY cool, would be if all 21 men on the field and maybe even all the players and coaches on the sidelines taken a knee and taken the delay of game penalty. Now THAT would have been something to see.

Otherwise, it is a game and crappy displays like this somewhat cheapen the game. I think taking a knee and losing a whole play would have been monumentally stupid by the Bills. And, even though it was widely reported that the 10 men thing would happen, I think it was probably players talking about it and it being speculated on by the media. I can see Gregg Williams trying to take credit for the whole thing (like it was a grand gesture) and not telling his superior about it, maybe even against Gibbs's orders.

Naaa...

I think it was a class act by Washington... and the Bills responded in class. I see no reason to really read anything else into it. Sometimes, football stops a moment for things more important.