PDA

View Full Version : Interesting comment from Lee Last night.

BidsJr
12-04-2007, 08:08 AM
Commented on how they have been working recently on hitting recievers in stride to help get more YAC yards.

Biggest variable in hitting recievers in stride is timing and accuracy.

We saw at least two attempts at it on Sunday with Lee and Freddie, hopefully we'll see more and more of it.

Pride
12-04-2007, 09:39 AM
That makes sense... They used to almost only throw to receivers running curls or outs. The Post, Slant, or Crossing pattern has been missing from BLo's playbook for years.

Forward_Lateral
12-04-2007, 09:45 AM
The slant to Jackson was a 52 yard gain, I believe.

don137
12-04-2007, 09:48 AM
That was Andre's bread and butter when he played. Kelly was awesome at hitting him in stride and then Reed taking it to the house. Really never saw that with Losman this year.

cocamide
12-04-2007, 10:11 AM
They need to get Roscoe a couple slants. If I remember correctly, he busted a couple last year for TDs, but I think one was called back for holding.

Tatonka
12-04-2007, 11:40 AM
yeah.. it was really nice to see a slant in the playbook again.. greenbay makes a killing on those.. always has.

justasportsfan
12-04-2007, 11:48 AM
The slant to Jackson was a 52 yard gain, I believe.
and Fletch ate his dust.

trapezeus
12-04-2007, 12:09 PM
They need to get Roscoe a couple slants. If I remember correctly, he busted a couple last year for TDs, but I think one was called back for holding.

if they could have roscoe slant and then have a TE run underneath with a pick, that'd be nice decoy and start easing up on the obvious roscoe slant.

the bills need more routes that are creative to get more space. they run the same sets that it's easy to cover them super tight.

madness
12-04-2007, 12:28 PM
if they could have roscoe slant and then have a TE run underneath with a pick, that'd be nice decoy and start easing up on the obvious roscoe slant.

the bills need more routes that are creative to get more space. they run the same sets that it's easy to cover them super tight.

I'd imagine we'd see more of that as TE progresses. Slant patterns depend a lot on the QB's ability to make a correct read and put the ball in right spot.

realdealryan
12-04-2007, 03:14 PM

The beginning of the first Jets game last year was the *****!

Dont drink the water
12-04-2007, 04:10 PM
That was Andre's bread and butter when he played. Kelly was awesome at hitting him in stride and then Reed taking it to the house. Really never saw that with Losman this year.

Flutie and Moulds was another great pair on slants.

Looking forward to more slants.

patmoran2006
12-04-2007, 04:55 PM
They dont have size, so they have to take advantage of speed.. TO do that, you need a QB who can hit the guy in stride rather than wait for the ball.

About time.

HHURRICANE
12-04-2007, 05:55 PM
They dont have size, so they have to take advantage of speed.. TO do that, you need a QB who can hit the guy in stride rather than wait for the ball.

About time.

Maybe it's not all on Fairchild.

BidsJr
12-04-2007, 06:50 PM

:posrep:

ParanoidAndroid
12-04-2007, 07:30 PM
Evans dropped one Sunday that could have been a huge gainer.

LABillsFan
12-04-2007, 07:54 PM

Its not. You work with what you got and where they are at. Same thing with the D.

mybills
12-04-2007, 08:11 PM
Evans dropped one Sunday that could have been a huge gainer.
Yup, and TE over threw some beautys to Roscoe as well. One of which most likely was a TD. :(

This week guys, this week TE will throw some TD's. :up:

jamze132
12-05-2007, 02:03 AM
yeah.. it was really nice to see a slant in the playbook again.. greenbay makes a killing on those.. always has.
So does NE.