PDA

View Full Version : I think it's 12 days notice to move a game!

Patrick76777
12-04-2007, 08:34 AM
So if the Bills Browns game is going to be moved, they'll have to announce it today.

But I'm just going by memory so I could be wrong!

Patrick76777
12-04-2007, 08:37 AM
So if the Bills Browns game is going to be moved, they'll have to announce it today.

I don't know if they need to give 12 days notice to move the game to 4:00. Which I can totally see happen.

madness
12-04-2007, 08:41 AM

You are correct, sir!

Just as the six major college football conferences have done for many years, the NFL will have the flexibility to move the start times of games on Sundays, using a 12-day notice format.
For example, a game scheduled for a Sunday could move from a 1:00 p.m. ET kickoff to an 8:15 p.m. start, but the change would be made and announced no later than the prior Tuesday, 12 days prior.
The NFL has commonly moved games between 1:00 p.m. ET and 4:15 p.m. ET on Sunday afternoons, and the NFL now employs flexible scheduling to include one of its primetime packages of games - on Sunday evenings.
Sunday afternoon games, as in the past, can still be moved between 1:00 and 4:05 or 4:15 p.m. ET.
In Week 17, in order to ensure a Sunday night game with playoff implications, the decision to move the start time may be made on six days notice.

NFL Flexible Scheduling 101
<LI _extended="true">Begins Sunday of Week 11 <LI _extended="true">In effect during Weeks 11-17 <LI _extended="true">Only Sunday afternoon games are subject to being moved into the Sunday night window. <LI _extended="true">The game that has been tentatively scheduled for Sunday night during flex weeks will be listed at 8:15 p.m. ET. <LI _extended="true">The majority of games on Sundays will be listed at 1:00 p.m. ET during flex weeks except for games played in Pacific or Mountain Time zones which will be listed at 4:05 or 4:15 p.m. ET. <LI _extended="true">No impact on Thursday, Saturday or Monday night games. <LI _extended="true">The NFL will decide (after consultation with CBS, FOX, NBC) and announce as early as possible the game being played at 8:15 p.m. ET. The announcement will come no later than 12 days prior to the game. The NFL may also announce games moving to 4:05 p.m. ET and 4:15 p.m. ET. <LI _extended="true">Week 17 start time changes could be decided on 6 days notice to ensure a game with playoff implications. <LI _extended="true">The NBC Sunday night time slot in "flex" weeks will list the game that has been tentatively scheduled for Sunday night. <LI _extended="true">Fans and ticket holders must be aware that NFL games in flex weeks are subject to change 12 days in advance (6 days in Week 17) and should plan accordingly. <LI _extended="true">NFL schedules all games.
Teams will be informed as soon as they are no longer under consideration or eligible for a move to Sunday night.http://www.nfl.com/schedules/tv/flexible

clumping platelets
12-04-2007, 09:17 AM
Please don't move it :pray:

OpIv37
12-04-2007, 09:24 AM
56-10.

Why would they even consider giving us another night game, especially against Cleveland? The Browns are playing well but it's two small markets. That ain't gonna happen.

BlackMetalNinja
12-04-2007, 09:29 AM
Games more likely in my opinion, if not protected:
Jacksonville @ Pittsburgh
Philly @ Dallas
NY Jets @ NE

or the originally scheduled game...

Washington @ NY Giants

Patrick76777
12-04-2007, 10:07 AM
56-10.

Why would they even consider giving us another night game, especially against Cleveland? The Browns are playing well but it's two small markets. That ain't gonna happen.

Major playoff implications. But as I implied above, I think that a switch to 4:00 is very likely.

Patrick76777
12-04-2007, 10:10 AM
Major playoff implications. But as I implied above, I think that a switch to 4:00 is very likely.

But now I just thought about it. Fox has the DH that day so CBS most likely won't change it.

After all of that, I'm guessing that it does stay at 1:00. Which is great because I'm driving there that morning and driving home that night.

OpIv37
12-04-2007, 10:12 AM

I understand the playoff implications- I just don't think network suits think like that. They think in terms of what will give them the biggest audience vs which game is more important. As bad as the Jets are, with the Patriots quest and the two big markets in Boston and NYC, that game will probably get bigger ratings.

With Buffalo and Cleveland, you've got less than 4 million people between the two cities as your potential audience. The only other people that may care are fans of one of the other tams that's fighting for those last wildcard spots. Plus, if Cleveland or Buffalo blow it this week, the game loses its' importance. And anyone who follows sports knows that both Cleveland teams and Buffalo teams are capable of blowing games in almost impossible ways.